25.04.12

7th Annual Chanel Tribeca Film Festival Artists Dinner

Here are some more looks from the 7th Annual Chanel Tribeca Film Festival Artists Dinner held at The Odeon in New York City last night.

Giovanna Battaglia: The contributing fashion editor to W magazine becomes the first person to wear a look from the Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012 collection. Whilst I love her cherub print dress and I love the embroidered floral boots, but I’m not crazy about them together. There is just too much going on especially when you factor in the array of colourful bangles, gold leaf headband and the white tassel bag.

Alexa Chung: Chanel’s favourite Brit girl was of course in attendance. Opting for a black velvet sleeveless mini dress with black tights, a black Chanel quilted bag and black open toe sandals, I couldn’t be more bored.

Liv Tyler: The actress lifts me from my Alexa boredom slump by opting for a Chanel colourful printed maxi dress. I would’ve loved to have seen the dress without the long ivory Chanel coat.

Naomi Watts: Like most of the other attendees, Naomi was in head-to-toe Chanel. I just wish the look was a lot more interesting.

Credit: Getty

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Matthew Williamson - 'African Cats' London Premiere

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Matthew Williamson – ‘African Cats’ London Premiere

Miranda Kerr's T by Alexander Wang Linen Stripe Jersey Long Sleeve Tee

Miranda Kerr’s T by Alexander Wang Linen Stripe Jersey Long Sleeve Tee

15 Responses to 7th Annual Chanel Tribeca Film Festival Artists Dinner

1. firien April 25, 2012 at 21:13 #

Alexa swept her bangs on the side. What else do you wish for to make it interesting…

2. Yeliz April 25, 2012 at 21:31 #

Giovanna Battaglia: Just too much going on there.
    Alexa Chung: Boooooooooring.
    Liv Tyler: I don’t get why she hides such a dress under a coat either.
    Naomi Watts: Hate those boots.

Leelee Sobieski was clearly best dresses at this event.

3. Aline April 25, 2012 at 22:10 #

Ugh, Giovanna totally ruined this gorgeous dress by pairing it up with those boots. Like FC I like it separetely, but together with the dress is just too much :(

Anyway, is it like the second time in a row that Alexa brushes her hair!?!? It is the first time though that I kinda like something she is wearing. It’s nothing jaw dropping but it’s nice.

The other two looks are just blah.

4. Riley April 25, 2012 at 22:39 #

Horrible. Giovanna is usually well dressed. This is overkill. Also, if you are going to wear a print, make sure your hair is out of the way and your accessories aren’t competing with the print.

Everyone else is ZZZZZZZZZZ. Awful.

Liv Tyler isn’t a Chanel girl.

Naomi doesn’t wear Chanel unless she is invited to a Chanel event.

When will the industry realize Alexa Chung is a talentless parasitic nobody? Ouch but true.

5. arwa April 25, 2012 at 22:53 #

I lost interest in Giovanna once she was what we call it in arabic “easy omission” if it works that way in english which means something looks easy to accomplish but it doesn’t. I think she’s trying too hard these days. Any ways I’m not sure she’s the first person to wear a look from the Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012 collection. Franca Sozzani wore from the collection about month ago.

6. Hannah April 25, 2012 at 23:06 #

I usually love Giovanna, but this look is a bit of a clumsy mess. Plain godl bangles and different footwear would have helped a lot, and I don’t like white bags.
    Live is a rare disappointment for me, I think that chic, classic chanel would have sutied her better, this whoel look together with the posture is a little schlumpy.
    Naomi I just have no opinion about here, except the boots, which will scar my memory until the next but of bad footwear hits the red carpet.

7. EmmaWoodhouse April 26, 2012 at 00:20 #

Giovanna: a real mess. Don’t like the pieces separately, but together it looks like Baroque painting exploded all over a gogo girl from the sixties. Alexa, while the dress/tights/shoes/pose is tired, boring, and nothing to be excited about…her hair looks great! So kudos to her for that.
    I like Liv so I want to like this but it’s a bit overwhelming. I think a chic Chanel suit like Leelee’s would have suited her better. Naomi’s oufit is OK, although the skirt seems a bit taut and stretched. The boots are awful.

8. bm April 26, 2012 at 00:32 #

They all failed on shoes departmen (except Alexa and Liv, but shame on the tights on A and white long coat on L)

9. Rebecca Z April 26, 2012 at 00:34 #

I think Naomi’s outfit shows up much better in some of the close up photos from the event, but the booties definitely kill the outfit. But when you look at her in a picture with Liev Schrieber, you really don’t care what she is wearing.

10. Carla April 26, 2012 at 00:43 #

I think Giovanna looks fantastic. I’ve never seen her wear an outfit I didn’t like, and I think only Anna Dello Russo can compete with her in terms of inventiveness and creativity.

As for the rest, they all look boring in comparison. Alexa’s open-toe sandals with tights and Liv Tyler’s sandals make me shudder.

11. Ange April 26, 2012 at 01:25 #

OMG Alexa Chung – is there nothing uglier than open toe sandals worn with tights? What is she thinking going to a Chanel sponsored function looking like that!
    There are a million young stylish girls out there that can take her place in a heartbeat.

12. CeCe April 26, 2012 at 06:19 #

I had to do a double take in Liv Tyler, thinking Alexa Chung had finally done something proper with that mangy mop on her head.

13. robbie April 26, 2012 at 09:21 #

this should be renamed snooze festival. such boring looks.

14. britta April 26, 2012 at 17:29 #

Gio is perfection! the girl can do no wrong. just try comparing her to the others? she is in a fabulous fashion league of her own and its many levels above the others:)

15. heather April 26, 2012 at 18:49 #

There must be some deep-seated psychological reason why Alexa Chung always dresses like a 3 year old girl :-)