24.04.12 Premiere

Olivia Wilde managed to redeem herself, somewhat, on the red carpet on Sunday night for the ‘Deadfall’ premiere during the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival in New York City.

On this occasion she wore a Mason by Michelle Mason sleeveless peplum dress with a sexy lace panel.

Her fitted dress was accessorized with a gold Adina Reyter cuff and a unique pair of Brian Atwood ‘Blanco’ platform sandals with fringed details and gold chain accents which are a bit too busy for her look.

As always, the makeup is flawless, but now that she’s worn her newly dyed blonde hair down, I can safely say I don’t like it.

I much prefer her as a brunette.

You can buy Olivia’s Brian Atwood heels from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Getty

Who Wore Alberta Ferretti Better...Zhang Ziyi or Sarah Paulson?

Who Wore Alberta Ferretti Better…Zhang Ziyi or Sarah Paulson?

Malin Akerman In Victor Costa - ‘The Giant Mechanical Man’ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

Malin Akerman In Victor Costa – ‘The Giant Mechanical Man’ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

23 Responses to Olivia Wilde In Mason by Michelle Mason – ‘Deadfall’ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

1. Naomie April 24, 2012 at 18:41 #

The skirt’s hem is too long, and it throws off the proportions of the dress.
    Other than that – A very nice look.
    I also dislike the new hair.
    Is it just me, or is there a silver-cuff trend going on?

• jones19 April 25, 2012 at 00:17 #

Ditto on everything. The dark hair provided such a beautiful contrast with her light eyes.

2. Yeliz April 24, 2012 at 18:44 #

I was about to think that this is an improvement until I saw the shoes. They’re so heavy with the dress. Don’t like her hair styled like that either.

3. gabis April 24, 2012 at 18:44 #

Her hair looks awful and it’s not just the color, in this occasion, the styling as well.
    I agree about the shoes. I do like the dress, accessories and makeup though.

4. shap_half April 24, 2012 at 18:44 #

I think she looks fab. I love the sexiness of this look and the overall smoldering factor. I’ve not liked her outfit since she wore Yigal Azrouel like ages ago. But I love this.

5. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 24, 2012 at 18:49 #

Love the dress. Wish it were shorter. Don’t care for the shoes. Loathe the hair. She looks washed out and ordinary.

6. Rebecca Z April 24, 2012 at 18:50 #

I like the dress, but agree the shoes are much too heavy for it. Not loving her as a blonde, but it could be worse. Her stance is really uncomfortable-looking. I wonder if she really likes doing this?

7. Kiran April 24, 2012 at 18:52 #

While this is an improvement, what happened to the girl who stunned a few years ago in that ethereal oyster gown with jeweled cap sleeves at the Emmys or that lavender tulle wedding dress/ballgown at the Globes? My fashion memory is a bit scary but either way, Olivia, give Reem Acra a call already!

8. Nat39 April 24, 2012 at 18:53 #

The shoes are way too fussy and heavy while the dress seems to be missing something. Simpler sandals, shorter length and a belt to define the waist would’ve been nice.

9. Riley April 24, 2012 at 18:59 #

This look isn’t horrible, but not enough to earn redemption. Nope. Olivia, unless the blonde hair is for a job, ditch is asap and go back to what works for you- brunette. It complements your features better, as they look too geometrically chiseled with the blond hair.

• dee April 24, 2012 at 19:37 #

I agree.

10. Christine April 24, 2012 at 19:01 #

Better than the tragic Prada outing. Points to her for the shoes but its too heavy for the dress.

11. mattison April 24, 2012 at 19:03 #

Sexy dress. Interesting, albeit heavy, shoes. Clean, minimal accessories. Should work, but I really think the heavy eye makeup does her no favors here with this hair color. Speaking of, her hair looks like it needs the same treatment as Camilla Belle.

12. CTgirl April 24, 2012 at 19:46 #

I dig everything but the hair. The hair is looking a little straw like.

13. robbie April 24, 2012 at 19:55 #

such hideous shoes. not a fan of the hair but the dress looks great.

14. Bárbara H. April 24, 2012 at 20:42 #

She used to be smoking hot as a blonde back on her OC days. For some reason this shade just doesnt look good on her.

15. hay April 24, 2012 at 20:48 #

her dress is ok but the hair…just doesnt look right.

16. MoxieSue April 24, 2012 at 21:22 #

I didn’t even recognize her. The hair is just a mess. The dress is nice, but the shoes weigh it down.

• MoxieSue April 24, 2012 at 21:23 #

And the blue eye shadow is awful!

17. EmmaWoodhouse April 24, 2012 at 21:56 #

I don’t really like the dress, but it’s fine. I’m one of the few who didn’t mind the other, so this look is just about as good as that look imo. Her hair is really bad here, though. I prefer her as a brunette. Also, the shoes are odd.

18. Katharina April 25, 2012 at 00:29 #

I agree, FC..
    I think she thought she was too beautiful to be true and just wanted to look a little less like a godess :(

please Olivia, go back to brunette

19. asherlev1 April 25, 2012 at 04:49 #

I’m salivating over those sandals.

I miss her as a brunette too.

20. Ayesha April 25, 2012 at 07:12 #

i like everything here,except the shoes,even the hair isn’t all that bad, though this look would’ve been far superior with her as a brunette.