24.04.12 Premiere

Malin Akerman was also at the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival yesterday evening attending the premiere for ‘The Giant Mechanical Man’ in New York City.

She wore a vintage Victor Costa dress.

Her black velvet and champagne satin strapless wrap-style dress with a sweetheart neckline was styled with Fred Leighton jewels, an Anya Hindmarch black clutch and Walter Steiger ankle strap heels.

A wavy updo completed her look.

The satin panels ruin this dress for me. They’re not as smoothed out as I would like them to be.

Credit: Getty

Olivia Wilde In Mason by Michelle Mason - ‘Deadfall’ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

Olivia Wilde In Mason by Michelle Mason – ‘Deadfall’ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

Anna Dello Russo's Fausto Puglisi Embroidered Wool Crepe Dress

Anna Dello Russo’s Fausto Puglisi Embroidered Wool Crepe Dress

16 Responses to Malin Akerman In Victor Costa – ‘The Giant Mechanical Man’ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

1. Riley April 24, 2012 at 19:04 #

I usually love everything Malin wears but not here. The shoes are my biggest itch. She needed satin or glitter Louboutins in a color. The hair looks a bit frizzy.

2. Fashionmeal April 24, 2012 at 19:08 #

Hey hey.
    The shoes are actually Walter Steiger.
    Love,
    Xxo.

• Fashion Critic April 24, 2012 at 19:36 #

thanks.

3. Slash April 24, 2012 at 19:11 #

Didn’t Sandra Oh wore this dress like years ago ?
    I agree with you – look failed. Sandra looked way better…

4. Slash April 24, 2012 at 19:13 #

Didn’t Sandra Oh wear this dress like years ago ?
    I agree with you – look failed. Sandra looked way better…

5. CTgirl April 24, 2012 at 19:45 #

She’s a thin girl and this dress makes her look thick through the waist. The shoes a just kind of meh and the hair is only OK. Not a winning look.

6. Rebecca Z April 24, 2012 at 20:03 #

It should work, but it just doesn’t. Hairstyle doesn’t really go with the dress and the dress looks a little big on her. Rumpled seems to be the theme of the day.

7. Nastya April 24, 2012 at 21:21 #

I’m loving the dress. But imho she needs to either accessoirise or let her hair down. Otherwise it looks like a towel. Also the dress could be tighter! :)

8. EmmaWoodhouse April 24, 2012 at 21:57 #

@Slash…I do remember Sandra wearing a similar look, and hers WAS better. This is just too baggy and kind of towelish, although the vintage fabric looks rich. Too bad it’s wrinkled!

• Slash April 25, 2012 at 09:24 #

For some reason I cannot find the picture anywhere, but I remember FC wrote about it. I sooo fell in love with the dress when I saw it on Sandra.
      This is the only thing I’ve found, but you cannot see the dress, just a hint of it.

9. J.A. April 25, 2012 at 00:18 #

I think she looks amazing!!! BDOTW contender for sure.

10. Sharon April 25, 2012 at 01:28 #

I would have loved this dress if it hadn’t spent the night on the closet floor. But maybe she was going for a look with her bedhead hair and the wrinkled dress.

11. Jill April 25, 2012 at 05:43 #

I really like this dress and the whole look. Satin panels look great. She could’ve used some jewelry on her neck though.

12. Sienna April 26, 2012 at 03:00 #

I like it. Yes, I understand the thing about the wrinkles spoiling it but I love the lines and graphic nature of the design, prevents it from being yet another boring strapless LBD.

13. mattison April 26, 2012 at 04:13 #

Found a picture of Sandra Oh, from the 2006 SAG Awards. The smoothed out panels definitely lifted the look, as well as peep toes instead of an ankle strap, and a little brooch on the hip where the design radiates outwards. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/iamfashion04/2006_01/ScreenActorsGuildAwards-SandraOh2.jpg

• Slash April 26, 2012 at 13:18 #

There it is :) She definitely looks way better in this dress than Malin.