Alice Eve In Donna Karan – ‘The Raven’ LA Premiere

The LA premiere for ‘The Raven’ took place at the Los Angeles Theatre last night with Alice Eve front and centre.

Our English Rose became a sexy siren wearing a Donna Karan Pre-Fall 2012 look.

The one-shoulder belt dress with a twist gives her plenty of va va voom. I didn’t know she had this in her, but I love it and by the way she’s working it, it’s clear she does too.

I love the retro hairdo and the gold accessories, but the pop of colour via the red lip colour and her electric-blue peep-toes and earrings blow me away.

Her dress is outstanding and the styling is impeccable. This is most definitely a BDOTW contender for me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nina Dobrev's Hervé Léger Lotus Scalloped Trim Dress

Nina Dobrev’s Hervé Léger Lotus Scalloped Trim Dress

Sarah Jessica Parker In Vintage Oscar de la Renta - Carnegie Hall Medal Of Excellence Gala

Sarah Jessica Parker In Vintage Oscar de la Renta – Carnegie Hall Medal Of Excellence Gala

31 Responses to Alice Eve In Donna Karan – ‘The Raven’ LA Premiere

1. Alina April 24, 2012 at 16:49 #

WOW.

2. Lara April 24, 2012 at 16:52 #

Totally agree. It. Just. All. WORKS.

3. Sally April 24, 2012 at 16:53 #

It’s lovely but the fit around the bust doesn’t quite seem right to me.

4. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 24, 2012 at 16:56 #

I quite love this, but prefer how the bust and neckline area sits on the model.

• EmmaWoodhouse April 24, 2012 at 17:46 #

+1 and I wish she had kept the belt! Then it would have been perfect. Love the shoes.

5. Kiran April 24, 2012 at 17:00 #

The second I saw this pic all I had was “who’s that girl” in my head. Love the pop of blue.

6. Rebecca Z April 24, 2012 at 17:03 #

Gorgeous until I got to the shoes. They make the whole look much less serious and sultry in my opinion. A red strappy sandal might have worked, but these blue shoes make me think of Katie Perry. A serious swing and a miss.

7. Christine April 24, 2012 at 17:31 #

BDOTW

8. Nat39 April 24, 2012 at 17:31 #

Not working for me. Don’t think the pop of colour via the blue shoes (esp. peep-toes that are a size too big) was necessary here at all, they do nothing but distract, simple black sandals would’ve worked just fine, the standout hair and gold accessories are sufficient. The fit in the bust/neck area is awkward, the length could’ve been just a tad shorter, don’t like this much.

• dee April 24, 2012 at 19:33 #

I agree with you. This looks so much better on the model.

9. robbie April 24, 2012 at 17:36 #

hot as hell!

10. Hannah April 24, 2012 at 17:41 #

Her clutch is the judith Leiber ‘grand duchess’ bag.

• Fashion Critic April 24, 2012 at 18:29 #

thansk

11. Jones19 April 24, 2012 at 17:46 #

She’s English? Didn’t know that. Anyway she looks very sexy here, love the va-va voom going on. The pops of color are welcome. BDOTW.

12. Aline April 24, 2012 at 17:51 #

For me too! This is such a perfect look to promote a movie about The Raven. I’m in love.

13. Yeliz April 24, 2012 at 18:15 #

Definitely a contender. Love everything about this look.

14. rebecca April 24, 2012 at 18:50 #

the bust doesn’t sit right. styling is gorgeous.

15. Riley April 24, 2012 at 19:10 #

LOVE. She is a better version of January Jones.

I am happy the Donna Karan Pre-Fall 2012 collection is getting a lot of Celeb Love because it is very much a film screening and protocol collection.

• Fee April 26, 2012 at 13:54 #

+1 on January Jones – I had take several looks at this post before I was convinced it wasn’t her!

16. allieh88 April 24, 2012 at 19:56 #

flawless

17. Laura D April 24, 2012 at 22:01 #

Hot, hot.
    I love the styling, and the blue shoes, but I can understand those who feel the shoes strike the wrong tone. Perhaps metallic would have been (even) better?

But she looks wonderful.

18. CreoleLady April 24, 2012 at 23:18 #

After Claire, Scarlett and Olivia this week, seeing a head of healthy shiny beautifully sryled blonde waves is a revelation.

19. Bec April 25, 2012 at 00:11 #

Wow, she is a splitting image of Rachael Taylor (Charlies Angels).

Love it until i looked at more photos and saw a close up of the shoes. its like a young girl trying on her mums shoes! I’m sick of seeing shoes 2 sizes too big on the RC!!!

20. Tina April 25, 2012 at 00:29 #

I don’t know… while she does look good, after seeing the version on the model, I wish she could have made the shoulder thing lower to cover more of her skin – now it looks like it’s choking her a bit. Not BDOTW for me.

21. bee7 April 25, 2012 at 00:46 #

FIERCE is the word to describe her in this dress.

22. Sharon April 25, 2012 at 01:57 #

Two things ruin it for me: 1)it’s too long; and 2) the neckline looks like its strangling her.

23. MEME April 25, 2012 at 09:46 #

BDOTW contender…. I love everything about this look…. even that pop of blue….

24. Dani April 25, 2012 at 09:58 #

This look really annoys me. What could have been so striking and amazing look confused, cluttered, rushed, and ill fitting. The band up top should have been turned down to show shoulder, the shoes are completely wrong and insanely too large, the dress looks too big for her, the belt she is wearing is actually distracting……. but I will give her A+ on clutch, flawless makeup, and great hair. The clothes I’m sorry just don’t work for me. Would have preferred to see her as she’s been seen in recent photo shoots, this is lackluster!

25. gurlgurl April 25, 2012 at 14:25 #

On the first look I was wowed but on closer inspection I would have gone tonal with the shoes. Sounds boring but she is a striking woman and her body is killer, I would have kept all the attention on her face and body. The lipstick and great earrings add more than enough interest.

26. TL April 26, 2012 at 02:16 #

I am not a fan of this look. Even though her hair and makeup is flawless, I still think the version on the model is better,
    cuz the neckline and right shoulder is showing…
    and her bust, it feels like its squeezing out from the dress…

27. Jess2 April 26, 2012 at 12:33 #

I’m not sure who she is but she look great! Awesome dress and great styling