24.04.12

2nd Beijing Film Festival

Here are the rest of the looks from the 2nd Beijing Film Festival which took place in China last night.

Zhang Xin Yi: This Salvatore Ferragamo Spring 2012 halter gown has a second red-carpet moment as it was previously worn by Rosario Dawson. The colour-block magenta-and-turquoise dress with a red sash tied to the waist was teamed with a striped Ferragamo blue clutch.

Huo Si Yan: The actress looked stunning wearing a Dolce & Gabbana floral-printed gown with a maroon waistband. Silver jewels and a low bun completed her look.

Yao Chen: The actress was the epitome of elegance wearing a ruby-red Vionnet Fall 2012 dress with a satin belt. Her sleeveless dress was styled with a silver Chanel clutch, slicked-back hair and a bold red lip colour.

Zhang Jingchu: I love this beautiful white strapless gown, but the bow is overkill with the necklace further pushing this look over the edge.

Angelababy: The model/actress stuns again. This time wearing an embellished white Barney Cheng gown, she gives us the princess moment we longed for on this red carpet.

Credit: Sina, AP & Getty

Wish-List Wednesday

Wish-List Wednesday

Debra Messing's Michael Kors Belted Zebra Print Stretch Crepe Dress

Debra Messing’s Michael Kors Belted Zebra Print Stretch Crepe Dress

47 Responses to 2nd Beijing Film Festival

1. Ramsay April 24, 2012 at 17:57 #

That Vionnet dress is beautiful… (the rest all look Ok except that tacky Dolce dress)

• Valeria April 25, 2012 at 09:54 #

Agreeing on tacky Dolce and stunning Vionett. The rest is meh

2. NooG April 24, 2012 at 18:00 #

SIGH. They all look SO stunning.

3. Yeliz April 24, 2012 at 18:06 #

Angelababy makes me swoon again. THIS is how you dress for an opening ceremony. She looks radiant. BDOTW worthy for sure and even BDOTY worthy!

Zhang Xin Yi: The gown is gorgeous but the hair is a disaster.

Huo Si Yan:She looks great too but as far as I can see she is wearing black pumps which is totally wrong with this dress.

Yao Chen: I don’t quite like the fit of the dress.

Nicky Wu: “…but the bow is overkill with the necklace further pushing this look over the edge.” ITA.

4. asherlev1 April 24, 2012 at 18:07 #

Angelababy for BDOTW please! Lmfaoo, recently all my have comments have been nominations.

5. Rebecca Z April 24, 2012 at 18:09 #

Love the Vionnet especially. Angelababy looks like she is gonna pop right out of her bodice. It is a beautiful dress, but needs to sit a little higher on her bust.

6. Aline April 24, 2012 at 18:09 #

I… Oh my! I… just. WOW.

Angelababy strikes once again! This dress is phenomenal. And Huo Si Yan also looks gorgeous” Again. I’m speechless at these two, really.

And even though Nicky’s dress is a bit too bridal, I really like it too. Tbh, I’d put all 3 for BDOTW.

7. Nukaew April 24, 2012 at 18:11 #

The girl in white gown with that bow is Zhang Jingchu, not Nicky wu. Nicky wu, a popular actor and singer in China and Taiwan, is the man in tuxedo, nex to her.

• Fashion Critic April 24, 2012 at 18:29 #

thanks. I have to reply on picture agencies to get the names right.

8. Grace April 24, 2012 at 18:15 #

Huo Si Yan almost had me, but then I saw those tragic hoop earrings. There a little to casual day at the mall for me.

9. Nat39 April 24, 2012 at 18:16 #

Loving the fit of the floral gown on Huo Si Yan, beautiful (that tiny waist!), flawless hair and makeup, she is like a porcelain statuette.
    Angelababy looks beautiful in that princessy gown, just wish the bodice sat a tad higher at the bust.

• Dani April 25, 2012 at 05:34 #

Agree with everything you said. That waist – amazing! And Angelababy’s dress definately needs to be hoisted a bit higher. I’m not even sure if I like the dress but just HER in the dress.

10. Christine April 24, 2012 at 18:19 #

Omg what a beautiful red carpet. I love love love love Huo Si Yan and Angelababy’s outfits the most.

11. shap_half April 24, 2012 at 18:22 #

They all look stunning. Angelbaby, Hup Si Yan and Yao Chen should all make the weekend poll, no?

Angelbaby is killing it! FIrst with that sexy look from last week and then gorgeous and soft princess this week!

12. MoxieSue April 24, 2012 at 18:24 #

No idea who Huo Si Yan is, but I LOVE the gown.

13. katrina April 24, 2012 at 18:48 #

Is it not ironic FC that this week is just spectacularly filled with such couture gowns worthy of each a rank as BDOTW and its just Tuesday ( here in the Philippines) compare to last week’s Stella Mcartney’s wreck that infested every single entries that this blog had… Fan “madame recamier” Bingbing, then these fellow Asians which can shake the living daylights of every Hollywood’s red carpet moment……………….

• Fashion Critic April 24, 2012 at 19:17 #

very much so

14. Rachael April 24, 2012 at 18:50 #

Is it possible Angelababy’s dress is Reem Acra? Looks like a slightly modified version of Taylor Swift’s 2009 CMAs dress.

• Fashion Critic April 24, 2012 at 19:16 #

not sure

15. justme April 24, 2012 at 18:51 #

I don’t know who she is but once again, Huo Si Yan is slaying me. She looks amazing in that floral print. And I totally agree with Nat39, what a waist.

16. Riley April 24, 2012 at 19:02 #

I consider Asian stars the love children of Glamour and Elegance, but I am not swooning. It seems I swoon in every comment, but no, no swooning here. Gotta earn it, and no one is stunning. The looks are nice at best.

17. Jeremy April 24, 2012 at 19:05 #

Wow, Angelababy looks gorgeous (sans the fake boobs). She and her handsome husband are gonna make the best babies.

• anemone April 26, 2012 at 09:51 #

Exactly. Such a beautiful woman, why on earth did she have to have these tacky implants. For me asian women have always been the epitome of chic, grace and class – breast implants ruin it all. The secod one seems to have some as well

18. Amy April 24, 2012 at 19:40 #

the floral dress is a hit. Not sure about the black pumps but as they are barely apparent, she gets a free pass.She looks stunning

19. glenn April 24, 2012 at 19:59 #

Huo Si Yan & Angelababy OMG!!!
    This Asian girls know how to do the red carpet, both looks stunning.

• Tania April 24, 2012 at 21:14 #

20. WendyB April 24, 2012 at 20:16 #

The Ferragamo dress reminds me of a vintage YSL. Beautiful colors.

21. Badaboum April 24, 2012 at 20:25 #

How can Rosario Dawnson looks so bad when Zhang Xin Yi looks so good?

Huo Si Yan: amazing styling, love the belt!

Zhang Xin Yi, Huo Si Yan and Angelababy are BDOTW for sure.

It’s only Tuesday and I don’t know how you are going to select the BDOTW ladies for this week… Good luck!

22. Loulou April 24, 2012 at 20:57 #

They All look stunning but I think my favourite is Hou Si Yan!!

23. Sonia April 24, 2012 at 21:14 #

I’m speechless. These women dress up better than the hollywood fashionistas.

24. Paddy M April 24, 2012 at 21:59 #

Huo Si Yan’s Dolce and Gabbana dress is also a re-run. Jiang Yi Yan also wore it last year. Both ladies look lovely in it though.

25. EmmaWoodhouse April 24, 2012 at 22:00 #

Zhang: too bright, not loving it. She does wear it better than Rosario.
    Huo: J’ADORE! That dress is so gorgeously feminine and fits her to a T. BDOTW contender!
    Yao: Elegant but a bit too architectural for my taste. Love the luscious fabric and color.
    Zhang: the bow is overkill, otherwise it would be a lovely Old Hollywood look
    Angelababy: LOVE. So princessy–I’ve been missing that! It’s a bit too low/tight in the bust but still a BDOTW contender!

26. BABE April 24, 2012 at 23:26 #

Oh my gosh!They are all pretty but the floral dress strikes the most.

27. Ariel April 24, 2012 at 23:36 #

Zhang for BDOTW! Is she wearing Christian Dior?

28. msd April 25, 2012 at 00:11 #

I’d put Huo Si Yan and/or Yao Chen up for BDOTW. (Angelababy looks very pretty but we’ve seen this dress a million times before. The other two are more distinctive)

29. bee7 April 25, 2012 at 00:44 #

The D&G dress is fabulous!

no idea which designer Angelababy was wearning, i am disappointed by how much it looks alike to the Reem Acra worn by Taylor Swift in 2009 http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2009/11/15/best-dressed-of-the-week-taylor-swift-park-bo-young/

and the fact that, it has been worn by another HK artist http://i1.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/p/2011-12-05/U5911P28T3D3499801F326DT20111205214802.jpg

• Fashion Critic April 25, 2012 at 09:26 #

Someone has found it, Barney Cheng

30. abasss April 25, 2012 at 01:26 #

That Salvatore Ferragamo OMG. Just stunning. She carries so much better than Rosario Dawson. That sort of dress looks better in a tiny frame.

31. Sharon April 25, 2012 at 01:49 #

Anytime these ladies have the opportunity to dress up, it’s a wonderful fashion treat. It’s a hard choice, but even with the black shoes Huo Si Yan gets my vote for BDOTW. I can’t believe the Ferragamo gown is the same one worn by Rosario Dawson. It looks wonderfully different on Zhang Xin Yi.

32. tomi April 25, 2012 at 01:56 #

FC. i’m a chinese .if you have interests for Asian red carpet events to share with you readers. I can offer these informations by email so that you can’t mistake the actess’s name or other problems. you can email me to tell what you think.right.

33. FashionableAsians April 25, 2012 at 02:37 #

Angelababy is wearing Barney Cheng, Linda Chung wore the same dress back in November at the TVB Anniversary Awards. Personally I think Linda looked better in it than Baby, Baby’s push up bra looks too forced LOL

• Fashion Critic April 25, 2012 at 09:24 #

34. roxana April 25, 2012 at 07:18 #

so, so, so beautiful!

35. cele April 25, 2012 at 09:29 #

angelababy’s dress is from Reem Acra 2009,Tayler Swift wore it in 2009 Academy Of Country Music Awards.

36. Jess2 April 25, 2012 at 09:33 #

These Asian women really know how to dress, they all look so beautiful. The slicked back hair was quite popular, I love that trend. Anyway, Huo Si Yan’s gown is so gorgeous, I love it. Angelababy is definitely my favourite, she is head to toe perfect and completely stunning!! BDOTW again :)

37. d April 25, 2012 at 10:14 #

yao chen can do so much better. that ages her…. disappointed

38. Mary April 25, 2012 at 10:18 #

All i could think of and compare was http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2011/11/06/best-dressed-of-the-week-zhang-ziyi-in-christian-dior/ and Angelababy. I prefer Zhang Ziyi. Other than that, Yao Chen was my favourite :)