23.04.12

Sarah Jessica Parker attended the gala benefit for the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago on Friday in Chicago, Illinois.

The actress donned a black sleeveless Rochas gown which she styled with a navy Oscar de la Renta tweed coat.

I’m torn on this look.

Whilst I love each piece and the drama of the look, I also feel they are slightly overwhelming her petite frame.

SJP accessorized with Fred Leighton diamond-drop earrings and a Carole Tanenbaum necklace.

Big wavy hair complemented her look.

Love or loathe?

Credit: Getty

Cate Blanchett In Chanel - 'How To Train Your Dragon 2' Sydney Premiere

Cate Blanchett In Chanel – ‘How To Train Your Dragon 2′ Sydney Premiere

Sarah Jessica Parker In Vintage Oscar de la Renta - Carnegie Hall Medal Of Excellence Gala

Sarah Jessica Parker In Vintage Oscar de la Renta – Carnegie Hall Medal Of Excellence Gala

18 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Rochas & Oscar de la Renta – Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago Gala Benefit

1. Yeliz April 23, 2012 at 18:50 #

She looks like a witch.

• Alina April 24, 2012 at 14:46 #

Ditto.

• Jess2 April 26, 2012 at 01:43 #

Hahaha you are so funny!! Hocus Pocus all over again :P

2. EmmaWoodhouse April 23, 2012 at 18:51 #

The dress looks nice but the coat totally overwhelms her.

3. Christine April 23, 2012 at 18:52 #

The dress is not doing her any favors imo. Too long and overwhelming. I love love love the coat. She could have worn that with a skirt or a better dress!

4. Mary Jane Anderson April 23, 2012 at 19:00 #

I also adore each piece of this look and I don’t feel that they overwhelm the certainly petite but very “imposing” actress. But I think there is something awkward about the length of both pieces when put together. I wish the coat would have been a bit longer.

5. NN April 23, 2012 at 19:02 #

This is the best she has looked in a long time.
    Beautiful!

• Tiffany Nicole April 26, 2012 at 19:00 #

+1 – sensational. The nipped in waist and tailoring of the top portion of the jacket maintain her shape while giving a bit of whimsy, however dark, on the bottom

6. ss April 23, 2012 at 19:05 #

Have always loved the drama she brings to the red carpet. Love this. There’s just something about her that’s always interesting. And her hair’s best when it’s big!

7. Andrea April 23, 2012 at 19:10 #

She looks beautiful!

8. robbie April 23, 2012 at 19:25 #

its all good apart from the hair, i seriously long for the day she cuts it shorter.

9. MG April 23, 2012 at 19:58 #

I think she looks amazing. This is very SJP. love it

10. Koma April 23, 2012 at 20:48 #

Love it! It looks really chic!

11. Riley April 23, 2012 at 21:02 #

I am with FC when she said in a previous SJP post, “I love Sarah Jessica Parker, I really do, but she doesn’t half test my love.”

Sometimes SJP nails it like no other fashionista, but sometimes she looks nuts. Like she had too much fashion fun without the sense. There is always taste with SJP but sometimes no sense (overaccessorizing, shoulder bags on the red carpet, crazy hair, crazy hats); case in point above.

A heavy black coat over a heavy black dress? Neither of which do anything for her nor bring out/ represent her beloved sunshine personality? Darling…

SJP does have an on-off stylist and during off periods she calls her pal L’Wren Scott for advice (I read that somewhere). This must be an off period. But SJP, I love your hair.

12. Ericka April 23, 2012 at 23:39 #

Love. I think the pieces are well tailored and dramatic. She pulls it off.

13. gabis April 24, 2012 at 00:44 #

I’m crazy about this look without the coat. This just has become my favorite SJP look of all times.

14. Jess2 April 26, 2012 at 01:58 #

She looks very beautiful and radiant here I think her hair and makeup is spot on. She certainly loves to wear top layers with gowns! Love the Oscar de la Renta coat, I love his stuff more and more all the time. I do adore the drama of this look, I was going back and forth about it but I have decided that I do love it!!

15. Colin April 27, 2012 at 10:14 #