23.04.12 Premiere

Olivia Wilde In Prada – ‘Help Wanted’ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

Olivia Wilde gave herself a second spot on the WDOTY list when she attended the premiere for ‘Help Wanted’ during the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival on Saturday in New York City.

If I was paying someone to dress me and they handed me this black floral lace Prada dress with yellow ruched bodice, and ivory skirt underlay, I would check my calendar to see if it was April Fool’s Day, because this dress is a joke.

It looks like a combination of dresses melted together in the tumble-dryer.

There is not one good quality about it and the finish is horrific. Just look at that sloppy bodice and droopy waistband which looks like masking tape.

The only saving grace is her flawless makeup, chic updo and red hot Aperlai ‘Spoky’ sandals.

I am stunned that this is a Prada dress.

The title of this movie is very appropriate: ‘Help Wanted’.

Credit: Getty

Lady Gaga In Calvin Klein Collection

Lady Gaga In Calvin Klein Collection

Kristen Wiig In Theyskens' Theory - 'Revenge For Jolly!' Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

Kristen Wiig In Theyskens’ Theory – ‘Revenge For Jolly!’ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

41 Responses to Olivia Wilde In Prada – ‘Help Wanted’ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

1. roxy April 23, 2012 at 16:15 #

loool

2. Emalie April 23, 2012 at 16:17 #

Horrible! Absolutely horrible dress! If she keeps this pace up she’ll definitely end up in the top 3 of the WDOTY lists.

Shoes are pretty nice though.

3. Jones19 April 23, 2012 at 16:17 #

I don’t think it’s that bad, I’m a little shocked that it’s Prada and by their standards it looks pretty cheap but I like the lace and Olivia makes it work. The red heels are a little jarring with the yellow in the dress.

4. bm April 23, 2012 at 16:21 #

Hope she wore Prada or Miu Miu Fall 2012. Even this is already summer but I want to see them so bad in red carpet somewhere soon. Please stylists, bring them.

5. Christine April 23, 2012 at 16:22 #

“The title of this movie is very appropriate: ‘Help Wanted’.”

LOL. I have to give you credit FC for saying how you REALLY feel and not sugarcoating like some sites do.

What a tragic dress. And to think she has a STYLIST!?!?

• Fashion Critic April 23, 2012 at 16:32 #

tragic doesn’t quite cover it :D

• Christine April 23, 2012 at 16:46 #

LOL that was too nice. Horrid :D

What a shame! She is so beautiful but I guess beauty and style are two different things.

She can do so much better.

• CTgirl April 23, 2012 at 17:41 #

This is wretched. Is that friggin’ yellow gingham???

• Fashion Critic April 23, 2012 at 17:52 #

unfortunately yes

6. Riley April 23, 2012 at 16:26 #

Miuccia Prada really does create some awful designs. She does create many nice things, but when she does design a flop, it truly is a FLOP. Horrible.

Time to get a new stylist honey. I love you Olivia, I do, but it’s time to part ways with your fashion team.

• Christine April 23, 2012 at 16:46 #

7. Zineb April 23, 2012 at 16:27 #

Never been a Prada fan but gosh this is a total mess, how can such a smart girl wear this among a thousand other dresses ?

• dee April 23, 2012 at 16:39 #

I agree, this is one ugly dress.

• Zineb April 23, 2012 at 17:11 #

I can quite frankly say that some of the ugliest dresses I’ve seen were made in Prada. Do you guys remember Jessica Biel’s big bow gown she wore at the Oscars? Or Scarlett’s weird dress at the white house correspondents dinner?
      I feel sad for olivia…

• Fashion Critic April 23, 2012 at 17:38 #

yes, yes and ditto…very sad

8. TeaAtTwo April 23, 2012 at 16:28 #

The second sentence made me chuckle. Though the dress isn’t great the hair and make-up is. I like that it isn’t ageing and that she actually has some ‘mojo’ here.

9. d April 23, 2012 at 16:37 #

dress looks cheap… why?

shoes are wrong colour for this pale yellow.

10. Alina April 23, 2012 at 16:40 #

BAD.

11. Amy April 23, 2012 at 16:45 #

I actually really like the dress!

12. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 23, 2012 at 16:53 #

Perfectly put FC. The red shoes add to the tradegy and I think she looks washed out as a blonde. Do over!

13. justme April 23, 2012 at 17:09 #

How the mighty have fallen.
    I won’t comment on the dress because you covered it all, FC.
    I do think Olivia looks more striking as a brunette.

14. gabis April 23, 2012 at 17:15 #

I don’t think I remember FC hating a dress this much in a long time, LOL.
    It’s not a pretty dress for sure, but honestly, I’ve seen worse so I can cope with it. If anything, for such a weird design, at least the fitting is ok.
    Her red sandals and blond updo seem a lot more distasteful to me.

• Fashion Critic April 23, 2012 at 17:38 #

“I don’t think I remember FC hating a dress this much in a long time” – I totally agree with you

15. Giuseppi Giraffe April 23, 2012 at 17:31 #

Oh dear, this is a mess. Not one element works with another.

16. Yeliz April 23, 2012 at 18:05 #

I was very curious about what you would say about this ugly dress FC and I see I am, like everyone, in the same opinion like you.
    During weekend I did some research to find out who designed it and blame her or him for bringing such a cheap dress to life. When I found out it’s Miuccia Prada I was pretty shocked. I mean I don’t like every of her designs either but this one is the worst.
    I really feel bad for Olivia too. I hope she changes her stylist immediately, if she has one.

• Fashion Critic April 23, 2012 at 18:20 #

She does need a new stylist, or she just needs to say no.

17. Emi April 23, 2012 at 18:19 #

With the right fit the dress could be very cute. I like the shoes, but not with this dress.

18. lu April 23, 2012 at 18:28 #

just so painful to watch!

19. EmmaWoodhouse April 23, 2012 at 18:50 #

For some reason, I do not mind this. I actually find the dress to be quirky and cute, although it needed to be better fitted. The red shoes are too much, but other than that Olivia is making it work for me. Surprise, surprise :D

20. glenn April 23, 2012 at 19:58 #

she looks awful !!!!
    The blonde hair don’t work for her

21. Lisa Monk April 23, 2012 at 21:06 #

In Style magazine voted this look the “The look of the day”. I dont get alot of the Prada looks and I hate the shoes.

22. belisa April 23, 2012 at 21:10 #

oh my god. There was a time when she could do no wrong, she was always on the best dressed list. what the hell is going on?

23. Lisa April 23, 2012 at 21:14 #

InStyle magazine just voted this the “Look of the Day”. I love that magazine but disagree with their choices frequently. I hate the shoes as much as the dress.

• Fashion Critic April 23, 2012 at 21:18 #

you are kidding. yikes

• TeaAtTwo April 24, 2012 at 00:37 #

I find most fashion/celebrity publications just blandly approve/like nearly all celebrity outfits. One of the things that makes this website so fun and unique.

24. Bec April 23, 2012 at 22:38 #

yikes!!

what was her first spot in the WDOTY? She has had so many poor choices recently I can’t pick another standout haha!

FC do you know what the process is for stylists dressing celebs for events? Like would Olivia have had a few options to choose from or does the stylist just say ‘you are wearing this!’, I’ve always wondered!!

• Fashion Critic April 23, 2012 at 23:10 #

Carolina Herrera.

From watching relity tv shows i believe she would be offered several options.

The final decision is hers

25. Bec April 24, 2012 at 03:36 #

Oh dear! So we can blame both her and her stylist then!

She should stick to Gucci! She always looks great in Gucci :)

• Fashion Critic April 24, 2012 at 08:51 #

agreed

26. Laura April 24, 2012 at 07:51 #

At first glance I didn’t mind it, but as I looked closer, it is actually a total train wreck.

The worst part is the nude band underneath the lace at the top, the yellow bustier should have sat higher to cover her chest. Hate those spaghetti straps too, absolutely foul.

Olivia is clearly a fashion victim. Just because the label says ‘Prada’ doesn’t mean you should wear it! Make it stop!

27. BiancaGoldberg April 25, 2012 at 19:38 #

Hmmm is it me or do her boobs look a little low? Otherwise I love this dress! So interesting and nice to see her taking such a risk. The shoes do not work for me though….