23.04.12

Gucci Fashion Show After-Party

Following last night’s first ever Gucci fashion show in Shanghai, China, attendees headed over to ‘Gucci Club’, a private after-party.

Li BingBing: As the new face of Gucci’s accessories campaign, Li BingBing looked stunning wearing a one-of-a-kind lavender sequin mini-dress, paired with pale pink sandals. The strapless dress was accessorized with drop earrings, a pendant necklace and a black Gucci shoulder bag.

Huo Si Yan: The actress stood out in a dramatic black Gucci Pre-Fall 2012 gown with a plunging v-neck and sheer sleeves. A bright poppy watercolour print on the chiffon skirt provided a punch of colour. A thin black Gucci belt and black Gucci clutch with a gold chain detail finished the look.

Zhang Xin Yi: She appeared in the colour of the season, wearing a tangerine leather frock. The actress paired her adorable shirt dress with a matching belt and gold clutch. The nude pumps add nothing to the look, but just get a pass, as orange is admittedly a tough colour. Blake Lively and Jennifer Lopez have both worn this dress.

Yvonne Lim: Highlighting Gucci’s impeccably tailored basics, Yvonne Lim chose a look from the popular art-deco-inspired Spring 2012 collection. Pairing a black pleated shirt with high-waisted black pants with a stunning green-and-gold box-cut jacquard jacket, the actress gives us something of a ‘new tuxedo’ look. Unfortunately, I’m completely distracted by her multi-coloured python clutch and studded multi-coloured python sandals. Simpler accessories would’ve worked better as the jacket should’ve been the hero piece.

Xiong Naijin: She wore a colour-blocked Gucci Resort 2012 dress with pleated skirt details. The shift dress begs to be worn a bit over-sized, but Xiong seems to have missed that memo. She makes up for it by working shoes with the same nude, yellow and black colour blocking as her dress.

Tiffany Hsu: Alongside Lee Ming Su, Tiffany looked gorgeous wearing a loose floral Gucci Pre-Fall 2012 dress with pleated skirt details. I’m still marvelling over how perfectly those Gucci t-bar heels match her dress; in fact I’m willing to forgive that oversized Gucci clutch with a gold tassel detail.

Credit: Getty

Wish-List Wednesday

Wish-List Wednesday

Lady Gaga In Calvin Klein Collection

Lady Gaga In Calvin Klein Collection

20 Responses to Gucci Fashion Show After-Party

1. Hannah April 23, 2012 at 15:49 #

I find that I can get a bit bored of gucci sometimes, because it is worn so often in such a similar way, but I am blown away by how different everyoen here looks from each otehr & other gucci looks. My favourite is Ho si Yan, because hers is the best entire look, whereas the others I think would have benefitted from different accessories. This isn’t including Lee Ming Su, who looks amazing, and I never care too much about men’s looks, but he looks great, so far I think he deserves a spot on the BDOTW poll, although it is only monday :)

2. robbie April 23, 2012 at 15:56 #

at last an event where all the guests look great, although the footwear isnt all the good.

3. Christine April 23, 2012 at 16:07 #

Tiffany’s outfit I like the best.

4. Beta April 23, 2012 at 16:24 #

A very well dressed crowd :)

5. Alina April 23, 2012 at 16:24 #

Huo Si Yan is my favourite.

6. Riley April 23, 2012 at 16:31 #

Huo Si Yan is making me swoon. Her hair is divine with the dress.

I love Tiffany’s dress and her in the dress but her clutch is giving me an itch. Her arm candy, Lee Ming Su, has snazz a la Gosling.

• Melissa April 23, 2012 at 22:00 #

Haha, Lee Ming Su is better known as Christopher Lee! His dressing can be very flamboyant sometimes!

7. TeaAtTwo April 23, 2012 at 16:36 #

Huo Si Yan- she is showcasing that dress to great effect and Yvonne Lim – I like the addition of the hot clutch are my personal favourites.

8. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 23, 2012 at 17:00 #

Fabulous all! How nice to see such range. Huo Si Yan is a knock out. I would have been happier with a little less fullness in Tiffany’s bodice.

9. justme April 23, 2012 at 17:16 #

Huo Si Yan looks divine, easily my best.

It’s crazy how Blake filled that orange leather dress more and looked so much better in it.

10. yyc April 23, 2012 at 17:22 #

lee ming su is also known as Christopher Lee. :)

11. Yeliz April 23, 2012 at 18:13 #

I agree with everyone, Huo Si Yan is the best dressed.
    I think Yvonne Lim looks great too but the clutch is really ruining the look. BTW I thought she and the lady beside her are twins. :D

12. EmmaWOodhouse April 23, 2012 at 18:46 #

Huo Si Yan would be a BDOTW contender for me if the neckline wasn’t so plunging. I can’t get past it. Li looks OK, but nothing special…Zhang’s look is overplayed and I didn’t love it the first time I saw it (although she wears it best of the three imo) Yvonne’s is overcooked, Xiong would look great except for the fact that the skirt is too short and looks chopped off, and Tiffany is a bit bland.

13. Iris April 23, 2012 at 19:21 #

That’s Li Bing Bing? Would’ve never recognised her. She looks good but like any Hollywood starlet. If this is what Western brands will do to ethnic beauty, the fashion world will be a very boring place.

14. Badaboum April 23, 2012 at 19:38 #

Huo Si Yan is defintitely BDOTW worthy

15. Aline April 23, 2012 at 20:01 #

Huo Si Yan looks so amazing I think she deserves a spot on BDOTW.

I also find Yvonne’s look very interesting. The others are just okay to me…

16. SY April 24, 2012 at 06:45 #

Yes it’s Christopher Lee! He’s an actor from Singapore (as well as Yvonne Lim). But I believe the correct spelling of his name should be Lee Ming Shun…

17. harris April 24, 2012 at 15:12 #

Huo Si Yan is BDOTW!

18. Amy April 24, 2012 at 20:04 #

Huo’s dress looks divine. I also like the art deco look. By the way the only guy in these pictures looks dashing, I mean look at the suit!

19. noo April 26, 2012 at 18:15 #

li is my favorite :D the dress is so much better on her than in the presentation :D