On The Music Video Set With Kylie Minogue In Moschino

Despite the cold and the rain, Kylie Minogue was on set in London today shooting a music video for her next single.

The Aussie pop star wore a Moschino Fall 2012 black-and-white leather jacket with a quilted red heart.

She teamed the look with some super short Dolce & Gabbana denim hot pants à la Britney Spears, Linda Farrow Luxe sunglasses and embellished booties.

For those of you who thought, 42-year-old Jennifer Lopez was too old to be wearing a cut-out Herve Leger bandage dress, how do you feel about 43-year-old Kylie still wearing short shorts twelve years on from her famous gold hot pants in ‘Spinning Around’ video?

She has great legs and the look is for music video, so I don’t have any problems with this look.

Had this been a regular street-style look, it would’ve been a different issue.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Lauren Conrad's Tibi Printed Eyelet Top

Lauren Conrad’s Tibi Printed Eyelet Top

Solange Knowles In Maki Oh - Splendid Soho Store Opening Party

Solange Knowles In Maki Oh – Splendid Soho Store Opening Party

21 Responses to On The Music Video Set With Kylie Minogue In Moschino

1. Riley April 20, 2012 at 19:59 #

She looks tacky. Very trashy. You can look sexy in a classy way. This is a no no. It’s the whole look- not just the Britney Spears hot mess shorts. Everything.

• EmmaWoodhouse April 20, 2012 at 21:19 #

+1 There’s so little subtlety anymore. Plus, I don’t think those shredded denim hotpants are appropriate for anyone!

2. slashdot April 20, 2012 at 20:08 #

I think she looks great! Plus, this is for a music video, it’s like a costume. So, I see no problem here.

3. Rebecca Z April 20, 2012 at 20:09 #

Cute jacket. Don’t love the shorts on anyone. She usually dresses really well, so I am gonna assume this is just one of those weird things.

4. sara April 20, 2012 at 20:26 #

I don’t know what world some of you are living in or better yet what country, becuase women in this age group and older dress in shorts like this everyday in the summer, and many of them dont have the legs or the body to realy carry it off.

That said I think she looks great even it if wasn’t for a video.

And I thought Jlo look great in her bandage dress she show hardly no skin and her abs are to die for!!

Now Christina on the Voice the other day now that was distasteful, but hey she felt good and powerful and happy with her body I say good for her!!

5. robbie April 20, 2012 at 21:01 #

the shorts are dolce & gabbana customised by judy blame.

i am really hit and miss with this personally, part of me thinks she looks a little trashy yet with the shorts and boots but the jacket is adorable.

• Fashion Critic April 20, 2012 at 21:14 #

thanks a lot.

6. justme April 20, 2012 at 22:05 #

As far as I’m concerned, anything goes when it comes to music videos. So I don’t have a problem with the shorts’ length.
    But I do think the outfit seems outdated. She could be an extra in Christina Aguilera’s “Can’t hold us down” video. And that was a decade ago so…

• Alina April 21, 2012 at 05:04 #

LOL. You’re right.

7. MG April 20, 2012 at 22:11 #

I think she looks adorable! at age 43 shes still the girlie sweetheart we love

8. Tamia April 21, 2012 at 00:30 #

In the words of the late great Aaliyah “age ain’t nothing but a number, going down ain’t nothing but a thing”

9. Jones19 April 21, 2012 at 13:48 #

This doesn’t bother me since it’s for a music video, she looks hot.

10. GK April 21, 2012 at 23:22 #

I think she looks amazing – it’s sexy and edgy and the Moschino jacket adds the perfect touch to Kylie’s usual cuteness.
    Mentioning age is ridiculous as long as the girl rocks it – same for JLo. I’d rather see a hot 43yo Kylie wearing this look then a chubby youngster, especially considering it’s for a videoshoot. Kylie’s street style is usually always so elegant and sophisticated.

• Fashion Critic April 21, 2012 at 23:45 #

Age was mentioned because many people referred to Jennifer’s age in the comments for her Herve Leger posts.

Unlike some bloggers, I pay attention to all the comments left on my website.

• GK June 20, 2012 at 21:18 #

Of course! And this is also why I love your blog so much.
        You do an amazing job btw – thank you ;)

Just said this for people in general. I believe you should dress appropriately considering your age but when you still have it, why hide it?

11. Fee April 22, 2012 at 00:22 #

The shorts aren’t great but Kylie can get away with more than most mere mortals. I mean if age wasn’t mentioned, who would guess she was 43?!

I’ve seen the boots credited as Giuseppe Zanotti, FC can you confirm? Whoever they are by, I’m in love…

• Fashion Critic April 22, 2012 at 14:19 #

I’m not sure. I will try to find out

12. Annel April 22, 2012 at 11:25 #

The jacket is adorable! All in all I like the look. I don’t think that Kylie would ever wear it as a “real” look. But if she did, I would still like it – mostly, I think, because the jacket has hypnotised me! ;)

13. Beta April 22, 2012 at 14:53 #

I am a huge Kylie fan so im not going to try to be objective here jeje ;)
    I think she looks amazing here and Kylie is always a class act

14. Sandi Matheson April 22, 2012 at 18:18 #

I think this is great but then I’m on a bit of an early 90’s vibe myself! Although for some there is no difference between Kylie and JLo, it feels to me that there is an overtly ‘sexy’ feel to JLo in the Leger dress where as with Kylie, it’s more like a video outfit and to me is more cute/fierce than sexy.

15. Ange April 24, 2012 at 00:24 #

Even if this is for a music video she looks trailer trashy- time for her to look classy and leave the super short denim cutoffs for the under 30’s .