Lady Gaga In Atelier Versace – Seoul’s Gimpo Airport

Lady Gaga arrived at Seoul’s Gimpo Airport in South Korea early today ahead of her ‘Born This Way Ball’ tour.

The singer looked sensational wearing an Atelier Versace gown.

Only Gaga can pull off couture as an airport-style look. She looks A-mazing.

Her long cream gown with a deep plunge and gold stripe details was styled with sheer white gloves and a pearl-encrusted mask.

Pearls also decorated her chic updo.

Upon arrival she blew kisses to her little monsters who were beyond excited to see her.

The ‘Born This Way Ball’ tour begins on April 27 at Seoul’s Olympic Stadium.

From there Lady Gaga will take her hits and extravagant Giorgio Armani costumes to Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, New Zealand and Australia, and then on to 21 European cities.

What are your feelings about Gaga wearing couture for her airport arrival?

Credit: Versace.com & Sina

Heidi Klum's Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

Heidi Klum’s Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

Lauren Conrad's Tibi Printed Eyelet Top

Lauren Conrad’s Tibi Printed Eyelet Top

65 Responses to Lady Gaga In Atelier Versace – Seoul’s Gimpo Airport

1. Terry April 20, 2012 at 17:45 #

Never been a fan of hers (or of her style), but she looked lovely here. I particularly like her hairstyle, it seems there are some pearls as embellishment. Sublime!

2. Alina April 20, 2012 at 17:47 #

“What are your feelings about Gaga wearing couture for her airport arrival?”

- Is it even legal?

• mm April 20, 2012 at 18:11 #

LOL

3. Leo April 20, 2012 at 17:50 #

Nothing about her makes an impact anymore. I was enjoying that she was taking some time off the spotlight so that we don’t get to see attention whoring like this. Couture to an airport? C’mon. Her act is old already and I can’t wait for some years to come and she is the next Cindy Lauper that nobody remembers.

• Fashion Critic April 20, 2012 at 17:52 #

I remember Cyndi Lauper (showing my age)

• Leo April 20, 2012 at 18:03 #

Lol. I remember her also. But it’s like “oh she was that funny weird looking chic that everybody took seriously for a while”.

• Badaboum April 20, 2012 at 19:21 #

+1.

I think she will be remembered thought, but her act is old now.
      Yes, she looks good. No, I am not impressed

4. Yeliz April 20, 2012 at 17:50 #

Well it’s very weird to see a couture gown at an airport.

5. Carmen April 20, 2012 at 17:52 #

I love it¡¡¡

6. Luiza April 20, 2012 at 17:55 #

to me this is a waste of a stunning gown. there’s so many beautiful women out there (Diane Kruger, Emily Blunt, etc) who could wear this dress and rock a red carpet

• Thomas J Monks April 20, 2012 at 18:22 #

Yea I had this on reserve for Angelina Jolie -_-

• ayuni April 20, 2012 at 18:53 #

Agreed.

• Ancika April 20, 2012 at 21:55 #

You took the words out of my mouth. One of the most beautiful dresses I’ve seen in a while- on an airport. :(

• HM April 20, 2012 at 23:19 #

Exactly what I thought! Couture to an airport?! Come on, that has got to be a new low for her. The least this dress deserves is a proper red-carpet appearance, not wiping the airport floor!

P.S. She does look stunning though. If only she wore looks like this more often rather than her more outrageous outfits, I’d be more inclined to take her seriously.

• gurlygurl April 22, 2012 at 04:16 #

Totally agree! The dress is wasted at this location. I’m not down with shock value or trying too hard, it’s not my definition of fabulous fashion (obviously I’m not a fan of hers). This however is one of her best looks to date. The dress is divine and the hair works well.

7. Shahd April 20, 2012 at 17:57 #

It’s overrated look for the airport

8. SilentVisitor April 20, 2012 at 17:59 #

I think there is sthg wrong around her chest… too saggy. Apart from that and the fact I believe the look is too much for an aiport, she looks great

9. Jennifer April 20, 2012 at 18:02 #

I wish this hadn’t been wasted in an airport and we would have gotten to see this on a red carpet.

That being said, she looks great, but I kind of agree – it all feels so much like a gimmick every time. Say what you will about T-Swift, but she sticks to her aesthetic and what she actually is – sweet and often sparkly. I appreciate that more than “LOOK WHAT I’M WEARING/DOING NOW” feel that I get from Gaga.

10. Riley April 20, 2012 at 18:04 #

She pulls it off, but wearing Couture to an airport might allude to the size of her ego. I can’t help but think that. Look at how grand she looks. It’s like, ‘Come worship me.’ But she looks amazing. But this would be BDOTW if on the red carpet.

11. mm April 20, 2012 at 18:13 #

I think she looks amazing and quite sexy. I rather see gaga than a bunch of moving escalators and trains

• Beta April 22, 2012 at 14:52 #

12. Hannah April 20, 2012 at 18:14 #

I like the dress, but I feel like this is a waste of an amazing dress. Ialso reall don’t like the gloves, and givne hwo much effort she put into the dress, I wish she could have made the cleavage symmetrical.
    Also, I really wanted to see this dress on Emma Stone :(

13. Gabriel April 20, 2012 at 18:46 #

whats wrong with wearing couture on a airport? she probably wanted to look good for the photographers and her fans, it’s good to see someone as fierce as Gaga working this amazing dress.

• Carolina April 20, 2012 at 20:21 #

+1 – thank you, yes. absolutely. She’s been absolutely true to her own aesthetic here – as much as Dita, for example. I have never seen anyone call Dita and others a fame whore. Of course she is – she is a celebrity.

• Mol April 20, 2012 at 21:37 #

I agree with you both – she’s always in character and her fans adore that about her. Same for Dita. I hope this makes the BDOTW list.

• Ramsay April 21, 2012 at 15:03 #

I dont mind couture at an airport – i do mind not giving this beautiful draping and cut a better stage to be admired – it just seems that designers sometimes are willing to accept too little in return for all their dress lendings – and maybe it is somehow disrespectful for their own craft and genius to accept all these concessions for a little spark of celebrity…

14. CreoleLady April 20, 2012 at 18:48 #

The fit of the dress and her erect posture are impressive. Ridiculous but impressive, if that makes any sense. Gotta laugh and give her props.

15. Vidhya April 20, 2012 at 18:54 #

I don’t even think of this as attention grabbing.. this is just her act.. everything from clothes to make up to giant eggshells is a part of the persona she has created as “Lady Gaga”. She is always in character. So, I think its ok for her to wear a couture gown in an airport. Infact, I should have expected it. Having said that, I wonder how the hell she got ready with such an elaborate hairdo and gown in an airport :??

16. Zineb April 20, 2012 at 19:01 #

Mother Monster looked spectacular! She is Lady Gaga, she can definitely pull off such look at an airport! Good luck with the bdotw poll FC, what a tough job you have this week.

17. Christine April 20, 2012 at 19:11 #

LOLOLOL. It’s Lady Gaga, what you all expect?

At this point, nothing is “shocking” or surprising when it comes to her outfits.

18. Christine April 20, 2012 at 19:11 #

She looks marvelous. Costumey and OTT of course but marvelous.

19. firien April 20, 2012 at 19:12 #

As long as it is well worn, a dress is not wasted, imo. And Gaga makes the best out of it in her own way. Also, I find it a nice courtesy to greet her fans looking this good.

• Christine April 20, 2012 at 19:46 #

Ditto.

20. EmmaWoodhouse April 20, 2012 at 19:13 #

Without the plunging neckline, I would love this dress. But at an airport? To me, it’s totally pretentious. She needs to get over herself already in my opinion. She’s a human being, just the like the rest of us, and dressing all OTT with weird masks and such doesn’t make her any better. Perhaps this sounds harsh, but I really tire of her theatrics.

21. robbie April 20, 2012 at 19:27 #

she looks great. but seriously the AIRPORTk, wtf does she actually think she is some kind of queen or goddess.

22. Rebecca Z April 20, 2012 at 19:38 #

Well, she certainly gets a lot of attention for it, here and elsewhere. Actually she is kind of a queen or goddess to her fans, and she still gets attention for doing this stuff, so my guess is she will continue. It is totally over the top and ridiculous, but it is theater–she is in character every minute.

23. Jones19 April 20, 2012 at 19:53 #

I love me some Lady GaGa fashion but this gown is soooooooo beautiful that I feel it’s wasted on an airport arrival.

24. ash April 20, 2012 at 19:55 #

I don’t undersand why it’s a “waste” wearing a couture dress at the airport, give the lady some credits for looking for marvelous and stop whining! At least she didn’t trash the dress, now that would have been a waste!.. There’s not a rule in the airport where it says she couldn’t wear a couture dress, is there?

People criticize her for wearing something ridiculously ugly, people still criticize her when she looks good, why can’t we just accept the fact that she’s not ever going to dress like a normal person? after all, her message is all about ACCEPTANCE.

BDOTW.

• Carolina April 20, 2012 at 20:22 #

very well said.

• HM April 20, 2012 at 23:38 #

The problem isn’t about how she wears the dress, but where she is wearing it. Couture dresses are made for special occasions…Galas, Premiers and Red-Carpets. Us normal people, provided we save enough, will only get to wear couture for a special day once (if you are lucky twice) in our lifetimes.

The fact that she wore this expensive dress EXITING AN AIRPORT doesn’t teach people about acceptance, but it sends out the message that she has the means to wear such expensive/lavish items of clothing whilst doing something as normal as leaving the airport. I don’t think it is justifiable for her, or anyone else, to wear a full-length dress, let alone couture at the airport, regardless of how much money or access you have to such lavish items. If anything she is sending the wrong message to her fans.

• ash April 21, 2012 at 04:46 #

It’s not her problem we couldn’t afford couture. She’s not saying we should dress as expensive as possible, to me, it says that we should dress the way we want to, according to what we feel, whenever we feel like it, and not to conform to what people tell us to wear, the exact idea you’re telling her. (Hell, it’s not like she strictly wears couture anyway, she openly says she wears a $10 latex bra from the fetish store).

She’s not rubbing in anyone’s face what she’s wearing or the brand she’s wearing, not once did she gloat the price of her dress, WE’RE the ones whom are hungry to know the brand, WE’RE the ones always looking for the price tag. I bet none of her fans in the airport knew how much the dress was and they couldn’t care less, but WE’RE the ones interested, we ALWAYS have to know how much it is, so why do you say she’s the one sending the wrong message? Aren’t we the ones who seem superficial wanting to know how much and who is the dress by to begin with? Because if none of her fans care, why do we? Why should we care? It’s none of our business, if she wants to, she can. She didn’t tell you to research the price of her dress, you did this to yourself, so don’t get mad at her because she can wear couture at the airport and we can’t. The lady works hard all year long and she continues to be today’s most inspirational popstars, she deserves all the couture outfits she gets.

• HM April 21, 2012 at 17:35 #

There is a difference between what one wants, and what is best. A 16 year old may want to wear a slinky/trashy low cut short dress, yet it is not appropriate due to a multitude of reasons, one being sending the wrong message. Her die-hard fans are obsessed with what she wears (we are obsessed with fashion, they are obsessed with their idol’s look), and often find the information as to who designed it and how much it costs (much like us, but in an even more obsessed way). Plus it does not take a genius to know that couture costs a lot of money. She knows that what she wears gets a lot of attention and a lot of items she wears are bought and often sell-out due to her fans, so I still stand in my view that she should becareful as to what she puts on her back, as it might be misinterpreted by her fans.

Now I could spend hours and hours disputing your view that “She’s not rubbing in anyone’s face what she’s wearing or the brand she’s wearing, not once did she gloat the price of her dress” (*cough*Medusaprints-endorsement-Versace*cough*), but I guess the wise thing to do would be to respect each others’ opinion despite disagreeing.

P.S. I never questioned whether Lady Gaga does or doesn’t work hard, I bet she does and in fact we all do, it is just that instead of aimlessly wearing black heels or tights on the red carpet (which is just as baffling) or wearing fall looks in spring, she made the mistake (at least in my point of view) of wearing an expensive dress at the wrong place.

25. Jo April 20, 2012 at 20:00 #

Well I’d prefer to see J-lo in a cutout Herve Leger on TV instead of witnessing such a waste of a couture dress being worn in an airport just for attention.

26. fashiongames April 20, 2012 at 20:22 #

there no law that said u can’t wear coulture to the airport. She is lady GaGA, in Nigeria gaga means crazy. She is the crazy queen monster, atleast it better than fishnet wit no panties. Love everything abt the look.

27. Lauren April 20, 2012 at 20:25 #

I really like this look! I don’t care that she wears this gorgeous gown in an airport, its Gaga after all. I love the new “chic” style she’s going for. I even kind of wish that she makes it in the BDOTW poll!!

28. Dhppy April 20, 2012 at 20:35 #

I’m not normally a Versace person, but I adore this gown. It’s gorgeous. Normally, it would be too much for an airport arrival, but it’s GaGa, so on her it can be seen as understated.

29. Amy April 20, 2012 at 21:01 #

love the dress, love it on Gaga. However this is a waste, this dress would have made some major red carpet moment at an awards show (even on someone else), too bad she wore it for an airport arrival

30. Francois B April 20, 2012 at 22:22 #

She’s amazing. End of the story.

31. kristel April 20, 2012 at 22:35 #

Red carpet in Airport!!! too much!! HELLOOOO>>>>

32. Jimmy April 20, 2012 at 23:28 #

It is a beautiful dress but it is not airport attire. What a waste of a gown. I am growing increasingly tired of GaGa.

33. effieee April 21, 2012 at 00:11 #

I honestly see no issue with Gaga wearing couture to an airport. The dress is from a Spring 2011 collection. If it was going to be worn on the red carpet, that would’ve happened by now, considering looks from Spring 2012 collections are emerging on red carpets at the moment, so at least someone wore it off the runway.

My only complaint is Gaga should’ve worn this look, sans mask. There really was no need for the mask. The gloves also aren’t necessary, but that’s just a minor complaint.

34. allie April 21, 2012 at 01:39 #

Stunning!

35. Emi April 21, 2012 at 08:43 #

Great dress, but I’m kinda “bored”. I mean, it must be tiring… trying to astonish with these outfits. She’s a singer, doesn’t she believe so much in her music. Relax Gaga, and wear comfy clothes!

36. Saree April 21, 2012 at 09:19 #

Much like everyone else’s comments, this is a nice dress – but it is made VERY tacky at the location. There is just NO justification for wearing such an outfit in an airport or on a plane.

I get that she ‘feels the need’ to “push” fashion & all that hoo haa she drags on about – but this is not necessary. This would’ve looked LOVELY on someone at an event. I feel mostly for the designer – that fact that Gaga has just ruined the imagination of what the designer probably thought when creating it.

For me, she ruins fashion most of the time. I’m just not interested in her, she has become so irrelevant. The mask is just ridiculous – I say leave it for music videos and concerts, much like other musicians.

37. Gabriel Nikolaidis April 21, 2012 at 10:48 #

Just one question: HOW DID SHE PASS SECURITY?

38. María April 21, 2012 at 23:58 #

Why, oh, why?

39. gonzalomrin April 22, 2012 at 09:31 #

Fcking Ridiculous!, but she looks good

40. Jess2 April 22, 2012 at 13:17 #

The dress is so gorgeous and overall I really like this look but I do feel that there is a time and a place. I understand what others are saying in regards to GaGa having the right to wear whatever she wants wherever she wants but personally I would have loved to have seen this at an event that is worthy of such a gorgeous Couture gown. I am not saying the GaGa should not be herself by any means but I do feel that this gown deserve more celebration and attention than I believe it gets at an airport.

41. SoloJack April 22, 2012 at 13:34 #

Come on, the only woman who can be chic in airport is Victoria Beckam, all the others are bad imitations.
    How could she manage to use the toilet on the plane whit that gown? :D

42. Magnolia April 22, 2012 at 17:31 #

Horrible. What a bad taste!

43. Ramya April 25, 2012 at 07:00 #

Love this look!! Sublime.

44. Serena May 3, 2012 at 13:34 #

Let’s face it, Lady Gaga is always going to get stick for what she decides to wear. If she had walked in wearing jeans people would have complained. Also, this couture look is part of her image. Her fans waited at the airport for her for hours; she was decent enough to put on a show for them, swooping in in full character, signing autographs and taking pictures. Personally I think she looks exquisite. And she made the mask herself, during the plane ride; so she is not all about ‘price’. People really ought to stop being so critical of her, she believes strongly in theatrics and this is part of her vision.

• Faina April 14, 2013 at 17:13 #