19.04.12

Us Weekly Hot Hollywood Style Event

The Us Weekly Hot Hollywood Style Event took place at the Greystone Manor Supperclub in West Hollywood, California, last night.

Busy Philipps: The ‘Cougar Town’ actress is frustratingly inconsistent on the red carpet. She wore an Opening Ceremony dress with a shirt collar, printed top, and striped skirt accented with an orange belt. I would’ve liked to have seen this dress on someone like Lily Collins or Emma Roberts as the look feels too busy – pardon the pun – for the blonde actress. A high ponytail and Alexander McQueen shoes completed her look.

Jennifer Morrison: The actress is almost unrecognisable with flaming red hair à la Florence Welch. She was the one exception, wearing a pretty Andrew Gn Spring 2012 strapless dress. Usually one to wear light summery hues, I’m guessing this dark, mysterious look was to work with her new persona.

Olivia Munn: The actress wore a simple black ASOS midi tank body-conscious dress. She accessorized with a Stella & Dot divine statement necklace and carried a Linea Pelle clutch. I loved the look until I got to the black Gucci ankle boots. Stumptifying.

Julianne Hough: The actress/dancer wore a DKNY berry long-sleeve dress teamed with black Giuseppe Zanotti two-tone heels with an Stark ‘Jackie’ clutch. This is one of her better looks.

Autumn Reeser: The actress was probably my favourite at this event. She wore a super-cute summery multi-coloured striped Shoshanna dress with she teamed with nude accessories. The look is probably more suited to a daytime event, but adorable nonetheless.

Monica: The singer did look chic wearing a Victoria Beckham ¾-length-sleeve ivory dress, which we’ve seen Beyonce wear in navy. Patterned Christian Louboutin ‘Lady Daf’ heels completed her look.

Chelsea Kane: The actress joined the many stars we have seen sporting crop tops. She donned a black bustier and maxi wrap skirt by The Hellers for her sexy red-carpet look.

Carmen Electra: She looked quite cute wearing a Gold Heartloom dress with sparkling Christian Louboutin heels. Meus earrings, a Melinda Maria ring and a gold embellished clutch completed her look.

Shannen Doherty: The actress kills this Lanvin dress. Her toga-inspired white dress was teamed with black Brian Atwood pumps. Easily the worst of the night.

‘Hot Hollywood Style’ or ‘Stylist’s Night Off’?

Credit: Getty

Rihanna For Look Magazine

Rihanna For Look Magazine

Jessica Alba's Tory Burch Robinson Briefcase

Jessica Alba’s Tory Burch Robinson Briefcase

23 Responses to Us Weekly Hot Hollywood Style Event

1. EmmaWoodhouse April 19, 2012 at 18:42 #

Busy looks silly and childish, and the makeup is harsh. Jennifer’s new hair color is great–love her look. Olivia’s dress is sitting too low and she looks orange. (Maybe that’s just the photo)
    Ulianne looks fine but not super memorable. The print of Autumn’s dress is cute but I don’t like the style. I liked Monica’s look the best despite the ugly shoes and ombre hair, because the dress fits her to a T. If Carmen’s dress was a little longer I would have really liked it. Chelsea’s crop top looks dated and trashy. Shannen looks like a mess.

• EmmaWoodhouse April 20, 2012 at 00:02 #

OMG I just saw Julianne (whom I accidentally called Ulianne) from the side and it was COMPLETELY sheer on the side–super revealing. Not good.

2. robbie April 19, 2012 at 18:43 #

busy looks a mess. olivia could have been perfect had it not been for those terrible ankle boots. the only one who looks good is carmen imo, the rest all have at least one things that bugs me.

3. Christine April 19, 2012 at 19:29 #

Love MOnica’s look the best. The rest is blah

4. Yeliz April 19, 2012 at 19:34 #

Definitely ‘Stylist’s Night Off’ for Shannen Doherty, Chelsea Kane, Busy Phillips and Olivia Munn.
    Autumn Reeser, Monica and Carmen Electra are ok.
    Jennifer Morrison and Julianne Hough are the best dressed in my opinion.

5. Riley April 19, 2012 at 19:34 #

Jennifer Morrison always makes me swoon. But she looks best as a blonde. Even she can’t make me buy the red hair. Sorry JeMo.

Busy may not have a stylist. I have come to that conclusion at this point. She might not care enough to even get one. But she did have a moment of triumph in Juan Carlos Obando.

I know Olivia Munn has a stylist, but she must have given them a day off.

Monica looks amazing ‘cept for the Hollywood Hooves.

Carmen Electra looks amazing. Hopefully she’s done with the trash.

Jennifer Morrison takes the Fab Cake on this one.

6. Jeremy April 19, 2012 at 19:47 #

“US hot”? I had to hold back really hard not to say “More like a hot mess…”

7. Francois B April 19, 2012 at 19:53 #

OH MY GOOOOOD, Stylist’s Night Off!!!!! I only liked Autumn like you! It’s been a while since we last saw her by the way!

8. dee April 19, 2012 at 20:33 #

I only like Jennifer Morrison and Carmen Electra’s looks.

9. Hannah April 19, 2012 at 20:58 #

I wouldn’t say Busy Philips is inconsistent, more than she always looks bad, save one Juan Carlso Obando look, which wasn’t spectacularly styles either.
    Also, what do you mean when you say that Jennifer Morrison is ‘the one exception’?

10. Nat April 19, 2012 at 21:44 #

LOVE Jennifer Morrison as a redhead! I’m glad she changed from that very yellow blonde she sported in recent times.

That VB dress Monica is wearing is soooo beautiful. Simple, flattering and classy. I loved it in navy on Beyonce, and I love it in white on Monica (and I would really love it on myself in any colour, LOL). I don’t like Monica’s shoes with it, though.

I also liked Julianne’s outfit (expecially the colour of the dress), untill I saw it from the side: http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Julianne+Hough+Weekly+Hot+Hollywood+Style+gzEoopDg0czl.jpg
    No, no, no!

• Fashion Critic April 19, 2012 at 22:04 #

oops side boob

• Dhppy April 19, 2012 at 22:39 #

Well, at least they’re buoyant.

• Jones19 April 20, 2012 at 14:38 #

Ditto on Morrisson’s hair. She doesn’t work as a blonde!

11. Dhppy April 19, 2012 at 22:43 #

Carmen Electra’s chicly easy breezy approach stands out nicely.

12. Aline April 20, 2012 at 00:09 #

I actually like Chelsea’s look very much. And Olivia’s, from the ankles up; although it’s very simple, it makes her look good.

I love Jennifer’s new haircolor it really suits her. I don’t like the dress though.

I love love love Autumn’s dress but I think it should have been better styled/worn by someone 10 years younger.

13. Rebecca Z April 20, 2012 at 00:35 #

Nothing much here. Busy Phillips lipstick is incomprehensible to me. Jennifer Morrison looks great in that dress but it looks like it is for a different occasion. Agree that the VB dress looks great on Monica, but the shoes are a disappointment.

• Alina April 20, 2012 at 09:10 #

Ditto.

14. Rory April 20, 2012 at 03:38 #

MONICA LOOKS AMAZING AND IS BEST DRESSED AT THIS EVENT despite her hideous shoes.

15. Emi April 20, 2012 at 08:56 #

Night off, definitely. I only like Carmen Electra, cute but nothing special.

16. Jackie April 21, 2012 at 02:53 #

Shannen Doherty looks SO bad. Her face doesn’t match her limbs but her limbs match her dress exactly and then then the clunk of black hooves on her feet kind of exaggerate all that wrongness. No doubt it was Stylists Night Off.

17. StylistLiz April 22, 2012 at 06:46 #

FC if you read this please remove this post. All ladies are missing a stylist. What were they all thinking when they first heard they were invited to this event?? Carmen gets pass and (I love Monica) but why is she so skinny, my gosh??

18. Shaina April 22, 2012 at 17:23 #

Jennifer is the best of the bunch, Carmen Electra is the next best. This is a very disappointing event.