Cobie Smulders In Alexandra Vidal – The Avengers’ London Premiere

Thank God for Cobie Smulders, otherwise the ‘The Avengers’ premieres would be a total snooze fest.

The actress upstaged Scarlett Johansson once again at the London premiere at the Vue Westfield tonight.

It may have been raining, but Cobie brought the heat wearing a fiery red Alexandra Vidal Fall 2012 gown.

Cobie didn’t travel thousands of miles to stand in anyone’s shadow, oh no.

This long-sleeve keyhole dress with a textured hemline is the epitome of the phrase ‘go big or go home’.

ScarJo should be killing it on the red carpet like this as she is the female lead.

Hopefully Cobie’s appearance in London means she’s tagging Scarlet out of this promo tour so she can take over.

A simple headband and a gold clutch completed her look.

Credit: WWD.com & Getty

Nina Dobrev In Vera Wang - Elle’s 19th Annual Women In Hollywood Celebration

Nina Dobrev In Vera Wang – Elle’s 19th Annual Women In Hollywood Celebration

Emily Blunt In Michael Kors - 'Your Sister's Sister' Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

Emily Blunt In Michael Kors – ‘Your Sister’s Sister’ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

37 Responses to Cobie Smulders In Alexandra Vidal – The Avengers’ London Premiere

1. auntychrist April 19, 2012 at 21:06 #

I was looking forward to this post.. She looks amazing!

2. justme April 19, 2012 at 21:16 #

As much as I find Scarlett underdressed, I do think Cobie is doing too much lol.
    And while I’m pleased that at least she’s wearing gowns, I haven’t liked any of the ones she’s picked so far. I wasn’t impressed with the Donna Karan’s and this one leaves me cold too. Especially with that headband.

3. Nat39 April 19, 2012 at 21:21 #

While she looks fantastic, loving the colour, the textured hemline, the open back, the updo (can see from the back shots) is gorgeous with the gown, and is certainly bringing some attitude, but I can’t get too excited about it due to her bad posture (she has to get rid of that slouch, same in all photoes), it makes her bust appear saggy and affects the silhouette.

4. fromchi-town April 19, 2012 at 21:33 #

An amazing look from her. We don’t see her much on the red carpet, but she has been flawless every time. The only issue is her pose.

5. alliehstyle April 19, 2012 at 21:35 #

STUNNING. So regal! She could def have better posture though.

6. Riley April 19, 2012 at 21:36 #

Colbie makes me swooooon. Look, if ScarJo isn’t bringing the heat, somebody has to, so good for Colbie. The gown is gorgeous and props to Colbie for picking a designer no one has heard of and still upstaging the main star in Prada.

BDOTW.

7. Yeliz April 19, 2012 at 21:36 #

Cobie definitely should take over Scarlett’s place. She is doing amazing so far.

8. Christine April 19, 2012 at 21:42 #

Is she even the 2nd or third female lead?? This look is a total 180 from Scarlett’s. You will think Cobie is the lead actress LOL.

Kudos to her for wearing the better dress. Scarlett needs to step her game up!

• Kaylie April 20, 2012 at 00:39 #

Yes, she is the 2nd female lead. There are only 2 female heroes in the movie. ScarJo is an assassin and Cobie is 2nd-in-command of the agency that forms the Avengers. :)

• Christine April 20, 2012 at 03:24 #

Oh ok thank you :)

9. marvel April 19, 2012 at 21:45 #

She looks amazing!!!

Knew she wouldnt let me down. I pray she is on the promo tour. I couldnt care less about ScarJo.

• Fashion Critic April 19, 2012 at 22:03 #

Ditto to your whole comment

10. Kaylie April 19, 2012 at 21:51 #

I’ve watched Cobie in “How I Met Your Mother” for years, and I’ve always liked her. So I’m happy she’s getting all of this Avengers attention now. This is a great look for her! Hope she keeps it up.

• CreoleLady April 20, 2012 at 00:09 #

THAT’s where I recognize her. Have caught the show occasionally. Hadn’t been interested enough to google her. But she’s looking so good (upstaging ScarJo) that I’m getting interested, lol. Good on her for bringing the glam.

• Lee April 20, 2012 at 13:05 #

11. alliehstyle April 19, 2012 at 21:56 #

STUNNING. so regal. Gowns like this make these big ptemieres way more fun to follow. I do wish she had better posture.

12. Dhppy April 19, 2012 at 22:45 #

Though I like her in this gown, this is something I’d expect to see at the Oscars or Cannes. It seems a bit much for this event.

13. Hannah April 19, 2012 at 22:49 #

Although Ifeel like teh top half is a little old looking, it reminds me of a cardigan, frankly, I adore her dress. I especially love the back.
    She also always looks so elegant and she doesn’t wear snoozey dresses. And she wore the Alberta Ferretti aqua bleu gown to the emmy’s, I beleive, and so I will forever love her for that.

14. auntychrist April 19, 2012 at 23:24 #

Can we also get some guys from Avengers too? Like Tom Hiddleston please

15. Aline April 19, 2012 at 23:47 #

She looks fantastic!

16. EmmaWoodhouse April 19, 2012 at 23:56 #

I don’t know, I like the drama but I’m not sold on the dress. The top seems a bit fuddy-duddy to me, and her poor posture isn’t helping. And while I love the skirt and the color, it’s almost blending into the carpet.

17. abasss April 20, 2012 at 00:02 #

For once, dear FC we don’t agree. This looks matronly, it doesn’t have the greatest fit, and it looks like the carpet is swallowing her.

18. Rebecca Z April 20, 2012 at 00:25 #

I don’t like this at all. Don’t really like the dress and I don[t like her hair with that headband. I agree with justme–she is overdoing it. This is an action hero movie–I like Scarlett’s looks much more.

19. Nury Jacobsen April 20, 2012 at 04:07 #

The dress is stunning! Not to familiar with the actress so will only talk about the dress. It’s on trend with the big, bold and bright. Tricky trend that can easily go wrong. The designer nailed it! It is sophisticated, refined, elegant and ladylike. Genius!

20. gurlygurl April 20, 2012 at 08:41 #

Wonderful color, wonderful shape, wonderful face yet something just isn’t working for me. Perhaps the “gurly” headband against that uber feminine silhouette. I think I would have loved this dress if it did not have that little piece of fabric at the neckline. The v-neck with the long sleeves would have been a bit more punchy.

21. Alina April 20, 2012 at 09:08 #

THIS is what I’m talking about. FLAWLESS!

22. Katyr April 20, 2012 at 09:24 #

LOVE!! BOTW!!!

23. Bec April 20, 2012 at 09:33 #

Love her, she is never boring on the red carpet – she always brings her A-Game!

24. Jess2 April 20, 2012 at 09:51 #

gorgeous!!

25. susie April 20, 2012 at 10:26 #

She looks amazing. Relax about her posture This is just one photo.

26. dee April 20, 2012 at 13:37 #

I like the dress but I think her hair kinda kills the look. Would have liked her hair down.

27. Jones19 April 20, 2012 at 14:33 #

I could not care less about ScarJo. Cobie is my girl!

28. FelipeA April 20, 2012 at 17:26 #

She looks amazing, but the dress feels very Givenchy circa 2007 to me. I’m happy for the designer though. Nice to see someone getting a break post Project Runway

• Nury Jacobsen April 22, 2012 at 01:02 #

Bergdorf Goodman carries Alexandra Vidal’s collection. I have also seen her gowns on Scarlet Johansen and a few of the stars from Gossip Girl. I too, am impressed!!

29. belisa April 20, 2012 at 17:45 #

LOVE THIS

30. Stephanie April 20, 2012 at 21:34 #

Pic of her with better posture here. She DOES sell the dress :)

31. GLady's Fernandez June 15, 2012 at 01:41 #

Her elegance & chi style convince she’s the best.