Leelee Sobieski In Jil Sander – 2012 Tribeca Film Festival Vanity Fair Party

Leelee Sobieski opted for a clean, pure white look whilst attending the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival Vanity Fair Party in New York City, which was held at the State Supreme Courthouse last night and also attended by Dakota Fanning.

Wearing a Jil Sander Spring 2012 dress, she is a picture of elegance.

Her simple v-neck dress, which could be considered as a minimalist wedding gown, was styled with the same slicked-back hairdo presented on the runway.

The only difference between the runway and Leeleeā€™s look is that the actress opted for a deep pink lip colour to complete her look.

You can buy Leelee’s Jil Sander dress from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com, Zuma Press & Getty

49 thoughts on “Leelee Sobieski In Jil Sander – 2012 Tribeca Film Festival Vanity Fair Party

1. gabis

True, but I’m undecided whether she looks like a fancy nurse, a minimalist bride or a chic waitress, either way I don’t like it. The hair is truly awful, the makeup is exaggerated and some gorgeous jewelry is definetely missing.

1. Rosalie

Like the dress but hate her makeup.
    I dont know but the orange eyeshadow makes her look kind of..sickly?

1. Hannah

I agree. She wears interesting clothe sbut always seems to have awful hair & makeup. I won’t go into the hair because every element is tragic, but the makeup – oh dear. I think what makes the orange bad is how it goes underneath her eyes as well, and that it is just that oen colour, and there is no eyeliner or mascara. She looks like she has conjunctivitis, basically.

2. Juliana

While the dress is beautiful, I neither like her hair nor her make up (which, to me, makes her look sick).

1. Riley

I agree. The orange eyeshadow makes her eyes look like she has a rash. Orange eyeshadow rarely works and is unnecessary.

If people don’t like this gown, then they probably just don’t like minimalism.

1. gurlygurl

Agreed! What a shame this could have been a beautiful Grace Kelly moment. I think the dress itself is stunning.

3. Ramsay

Among all the glitz, the mermaid gowns, and the formfitting clearly uncomfortable ones this is refreshing and elegant – my BDOTW

4. Mick

The dress is stunning on the runway, but does not work on Leelee, IMO. Also, hair (such a bad day for hair, with this and Dakota’s nonsense!) and makeup are dreadful.

5. EmmaWoodhouse

The hair is a little OTT, as is the eyeshadow. But I can overlook it because that dress is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

6. Jess2

Love the dress and the full length picture is lovely but I don’t like the makeup. Accessories would have been great but I do like and appreciate the minimalist look.

7. ash

Oh my god, that look is like the evening version of Louise Fletcher as Nurse Ratched. I think the look would`ve been better if she just had her hair in a clean bun.. and maybe a pop of colour..

8. Lee Ann

I so wanted January Jones or Charlise Theron to wear this as she doesn’t have the fashion chops to turn this into a wow -she looks like a nurse. I can’t wait to see what he does at Dior.

9. robbie

i really wish she had done something a little more with her hair. the dress looks nice on her but the hair ruins it, even on the runway.

10. Ritika

What a lovely gown. Could have served as a perfect backdrop to one statement accessory.

And yes! what is with the eye make up?

11. shap_half

I think she looks great. Would a thin belt have helped? Probably, but I love everything about it anyway.

12. Yeliz

I really like the dress but I hate how she styled it. Firstly her make-up isn’t working. I agree with Riley that orange eyeshadow is unnecessary in general. And secondly I hate her hair. It emphasizes her ears very much.

13. Jill

good heavens, what is UP with that dress?? plain old-style short-sleeve button-up plus a skirt that reminds me of no other than a hospital sheet – seriously?

14. Dhppy

Normally, I like Sobieski’s style, but this is a little too dull. I also wonder she’s thinned out so much. Her face is taking on a kind of gauntness, which combined with this minimalist dress, looks like a she’s vying for a role in a stark Dutch dogme film.

15. pipsqueak

Love her style and this dress, but not her hair. It did make her look like someone working in either healthcare or food catering. Every hair would look this way in a hair net. She borrowed the runway look too literally.

16. heather

This will make me sound very old, but ages agao there was a fastfood ad campaign using mature russian workwomen on a fashion runway all wearing the same grey shift but calling it different styles-DAYVEAR and EVENINGVEAR. It was a big joke at the time, and this dress looks like it would have closed the show as BRIDALVEAR. The model’s stern face matches the russian women’s faces, too.

17. Sonya

That business shirt is tucked into the wrong skirt. Try a nice black pencil number next time.

… Wait, it’s a dress? Lies!

18. Jen

I love the dress — she has the height and striking features to pull it off — but how much more elegant would the entire look have been if she’s gone for a Grace Kelly ‘do? Or ANY other hairdo than the one she (disastrously) copied from the runway?