18.04.12

Hollywood power couple Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas joined Dakota Fanning and Leelee Sobieski on the red carpet for the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival Vanity Fair Party in New York City, which was held at the State Supreme Courthouse last night.

Catherine wore a Michael Kors grey sequined one-shoulder jersey dress with an asymmetrical hemline.

The Welsh actress accessorized with sparkling jewels as radiant as her dress, plus she added a grey clutch to her look.

What I find baffling is her choice of gold Christian Louboutin heels.

Surely silver would’ve been the best choice. No?

Credit: Getty

Taraji P. Henson In Black Halo -  The Wendy Williams Show

Taraji P. Henson In Black Halo – The Wendy Williams Show

Elizabeth Olsen Loves Her Chloé 'Angie' Tote

Elizabeth Olsen Loves Her Chloé ‘Angie’ Tote

21 Responses to Catherine Zeta-Jones In Michael Kors – 2012 Tribeca Film Festival Vanity Fair Party

1. Lori April 18, 2012 at 15:06 #

I let out an involuntary “OOOOOOH!” at this. It’s awesome.

2. robbie April 18, 2012 at 15:08 #

she looks pretty nice, personally im glad she didnt wear silver shoes.

• Tiffany Nicole April 18, 2012 at 21:32 #

oddly, I think I like the shoes. i like the play on the muted nature of the metals. i also feel like she is using the gold as a neutral. not unlike the fastenings and the tone of the clutch. maybe i’m over-thinking. she’s not a usual favorite of mine, so that i like this at all is a good sign.

• gurlygurl April 19, 2012 at 02:41 #

Agreed Tiffany. I wouldn’t have chosen that shoe myself but looking at more pics it actually works and it probably is because it is a deeper muted gold. I would have opted for black or silver shoes but I think it may have made the overall look a bit flat. I don’t like the cut of dress myself but I like the color and it looks amazing on her.

3. Riley April 18, 2012 at 15:11 #

This look bores me. Yawn. Nothing special.

4. A. April 18, 2012 at 15:23 #

ITA about the heels, also don’t you think the dress could have been a tad bit longer? I think it would look so much more elegant if it was slightly longer. Apart from the shoes, she’s accessorized well.

5. AW April 18, 2012 at 15:44 #

She’s beautiful but I feel like an lady at the mall could buy this dress.

6. CreoleLady April 18, 2012 at 15:55 #

I love gold with a rich gray like this. It also looks like the hardware on the clutch might be gold as well.

7. Alina April 18, 2012 at 16:18 #

Not a fan of this.

8. dee April 18, 2012 at 17:19 #

I hope Michael Douglas has recovered completely..

9. CTgirl April 18, 2012 at 18:03 #

This makes CZJ look older than she is. The dress, accessories, and styling make her look like a country club matron.

10. dee April 18, 2012 at 18:34 #

I like a lot. I think the bag could have been dressier but other than that she looks great.

11. gabis April 18, 2012 at 19:59 #

The styling has a few problems but it’s something that could have been easily overlooked if I had liked the dress which I didn’t. I don’t like the liquid metallic effect on the fabric plus the twins area looks weird.

12. EmmaWoodhouse April 18, 2012 at 19:59 #

Maybe it’s just the angle of the photo, but she looks a bit lopsided. I like the way the skirt of the dress falls, but the top is too tight and shiny for my taste. Also, I love the shoes–but NOT with this dress. No mixed metallics please!

13. Aline April 18, 2012 at 20:05 #

Until two years ago, Catherine was to me the most beautiful woman on Earth. But lately she hasn’t been looking this good (what made Beckinsale steal her spot).

I mean, she looks so very tired here, her eyes are very weird and so are her lips. That saddens me.

However, until now, she still had kept her style flawless; hopefully this is just a mistep :(

14. Dhppy April 18, 2012 at 22:18 #

I can’t tell that the shoes are gold from this photo. In any case, they are gorgeous. I say keep the shoes and ditch the dress.

15. bm April 19, 2012 at 02:16 #

the shoes doing just fine to me, but the biggest let down is her hair and make-up.

16. Chiklet April 19, 2012 at 12:32 #

Does anyone else thinks that the bust fit is off?

17. Sharon April 20, 2012 at 03:55 #

I looked all over for a close-up photo of the shoes because they looked like black mesh on my screen. Of course, FC is always right :) They are gold (found the picture on Just Jared). One of the pictures there also settles the “are they lopsided” question — they’re not. The saddest thing about the close-up photos is how not good Michael is looking. I hope he’s healthy now, but his illness really took a toll on him.

18. Sandra Cass January 19, 2013 at 23:09 #

Well, her boobs look lopsided. I don’t think her dress is the right length, plus that liquidy metallic drapy fabric looks dated. Oddly, I like the shoes in that they don’t clash with the color of the dress. Personally, I think the dress color washes her out. Her eyes look swollen and the brown winged eye makeup doesnt help. She used to be one of my favorites, however time has kind of made her look hard and rough around the edges. My take on Catherine’s style is that, like most of us, she needs a makeover. She has had this look since she started in the business, and something new would be refreshing. Demi Moore going short in the 90′s was great. Going long at 40 was awesome. She is another one who would do well with a little revamp.