Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Stella McCartney

Prior to hitting the red carpet for the ‘Safe’ premiere with boyfriend Jason Statham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was spotted out in New York City yesterday running errands.

The supermodel/actress looked gorgeous wearing a Stella McCartney ‘Portman’ dress from the Spring 2012 collection which we will all agree looks amazing on her.

Her white-and-plum dotted silk dress with a double-layer lace hem was accented with a black leather bow belt and teamed with a cool pair of aviator sunglasses and Alexander Wang ‘Chloe’ sandals.

A Jason Wu ‘Jourdan’ tote white bag, which I’m not too fond of, completed the look.

Is this a Stella McCartney Spring 2012 dress that you like or does Rosie fail to make you like this collection?

You can buy Rosie’s Stella McCartney dress from StellaMcCartney.com and farfetch.com
and her Alexander Wang ‘Chloe’ sandals from AlexanderWang.com and Browns Fashion.

Credit: INFDaily

Julie Bowen In Hervé Léger by Max Azria - Audi Celebrates Emmys' Week 2014

Julie Bowen In Hervé Léger by Max Azria – Audi Celebrates Emmys’ Week 2014

Naomi Watts In Stella McCartney - Tribeca Ball 2012

Naomi Watts In Stella McCartney – Tribeca Ball 2012

31 Responses to Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Stella McCartney

1. Nat April 17, 2012 at 13:42 #

I hate the lace hem, but everything else is very pretty.
    I think the key to make this look work was the belt: without it the dress (as presented on the runway) looks a lot less flattering and a lot more like a nightgown.

Many other Stella pieces (think about the jumpsuits, like Rihanna’s) would have benefited by the addiction of a belt giving them some shape.

2. roxy April 17, 2012 at 13:42 #

She looks great but the dress looks kinda cheap. From what I’ve seen of the collection on the red carpet it’s so ugly it’s unfortunate

• Liana April 17, 2012 at 14:27 #

Rosie looks pretty much amazing in anything but I also get the cheap vibe from that dress. That said, she still looks better than anybody who wore this hideous collection…!

• Riley April 17, 2012 at 14:52 #

I agree with both of you. The dress looks cheap but she looks amazing and her accessories are on point.

• Jones19 April 17, 2012 at 19:43 #

Rosie looks great in spite of the dress…cheap is right.

• manja April 18, 2012 at 13:26 #

3. jz April 17, 2012 at 13:43 #

The dress looks divine on Rosie. Not so much on the model with the unbuttoned sleeves without the belt. Seriously, ifit weren’t for Rosie I would have absolutely hated every part of this collection

4. vicky April 17, 2012 at 13:54 #

This I like.
    But I put it down to the fact that she’s not on a red carpet, she’s added a belt and rolled up the sleeves and she’s Rosie Huntington-Whiteley!

Ever since she went on the PR tour for some movie (I can’t remember which, I just focused on her outfits :-D) I’ve been awed by her style. So far I can’t recall a single miss (or I’ve managed to block that…)

5. bee7 April 17, 2012 at 13:58 #

ugly dress but the addition of belt is very clever

6. CTgirl April 17, 2012 at 14:02 #

Someone just needs to stop the Stella madness. Boycott these horrible designs and save taste and eyesight across the globe! This public service announcement was brought to you by Save the World From Stella.

7. ClaraAnne April 17, 2012 at 14:07 #

Acttually, this is the first time I’ve seen a dress from this collection worn in a non-body con style. Love it! It’s stylish but quite subtle without any cut-outs or swirls.

8. Alina April 17, 2012 at 14:18 #

She’s just flawless.

9. Lori April 17, 2012 at 14:19 #

Stella McCartney spring 2012, making supermodels look bad since Spring 2012.

• Fashion Critic April 17, 2012 at 14:23 #

oops…that made me lol really hard.

10. Elle April 17, 2012 at 15:11 #

I’m sick of the SM dresses! There are so many beautiful designer collections and why everyone keeps wearing SM?? At least, Rosie could do something with this ugly dress and make it look much prettier than it looks on a runway version.

• roxy April 17, 2012 at 16:09 #

I don’t get it either last year it was all about her spotty and illusion dresses

• Christine April 17, 2012 at 17:24 #

I am confused too. LOL seriously what’s up with the constant SM dresses? Are we missing something?

11. Rebecca Z April 17, 2012 at 15:33 #

Nope. not even Rosie. this is just dull and ugly.

12. Like, ROAR! April 17, 2012 at 15:39 #

She’s making the best she can out of a really poor situation.

• Christine April 17, 2012 at 17:25 #

LOL. While I admit, Rosie looks great in this dress, I am still not a fan of this collection.

Just fug.

13. EmmaWoodhouse April 17, 2012 at 17:36 #

Leave it to Rosie. I hate this dress on the runway, hate the whole darn collection, but Rosie’s almost making it work. She is amazing. The dress is not.

14. Hannah April 17, 2012 at 17:45 #

I really do nto like this look. The heels & her hair and sunglasses are teh only thing that work for me. I think that the dress is just ugly, and I don’t like the bag. None of the pieces go, and of course she looks very pretty, she is a model, but I think that thsi outfit is nothing to call home about, and is actually pretty bad for model street style, which seems better than this.

15. Jill April 17, 2012 at 19:40 #

well, Rosie IS a supermodel, isn’t she. I say she makes the best out of this dress but the dress itself still sucks. the bag is out of place altogether for this look. back to the dress – I think the sleeves are completely wrong on this dress. imagine the same cut but lose the sleeves – better, right? I am not a fan of the hem either. I think this hem is wrong with the fabric of the dress.

16. Yeliz April 17, 2012 at 19:40 #

As I said previously, Rosie gets hardly a no from me and this look is no exception. She looks flawless. I really disliked this dress on the runway but Rosie completely changed it with her styling. Maybe Rosie will be a competition to Miranda for best street style? :D

17. Peter April 17, 2012 at 21:23 #

I love how you say ‘Many of you have been very critical of the Stella McCartney Spring 2012 collection.’ when it seems you live to be critical of the Spring 2012 collection!

• Fashion Critic April 17, 2012 at 22:51 #

I would include myself…absolutely, but that has been obvious, so it didn’t need to be mentioned.

I know you were expecting a different answer but I take full ownership alongside many others who don’t think this collection works ff the runway.

You can be as sharky as you wish, but there you have it.

18. Aline April 17, 2012 at 21:30 #

I really like it on her, she makes it work. My problem with this look is the white bag with the black sandals though. I think she should have opted for a black version of the bag.

19. bm April 18, 2012 at 03:13 #

i agree with people who said that SM SS 2012 is sucked, but i’m open minded person, and not like you guys, i still have a hope on this collection, and what a miracle. Now i have one dress that i actually like from this collection.

20. Louise April 18, 2012 at 08:52 #

Yuk. Celebrities seems to have a blind spot where Stella is concerned. She must be a really lovely person as lately she’s definitely more miss than hit.

• bm April 18, 2012 at 10:27 #

+1 . Maybe Stella is a kind person, and that’s why celebs like her.

21. pipsqueak April 18, 2012 at 23:48 #

“Many of you have been very critical of the Stella McCartney Spring 2012 collection.” — I was surprised to read this. What’s wrong with people? Well, I love the collection. I’m not a fan of Rosie, but I thought she looked fantastic here, better than the runway model. The shoes and the belt gave the look an edge. Perfect!