17.04.12 Photocall

Emma Stone In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Cancun Photocall

Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield continue their promo tour for ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ during the Summer of Sony 4 Spring Edition in Cancun, Mexico, on Monday.

Unlike Kerry Washington, Emma opted for a more summery look by wearing a Dolce & Gabbana white ensemble.

She kept her look simple wearing a white short-sleeve top with an embellished collar paired with a matching button-down skirt.

I have to say I find the look very blah. It’s like she’s about to take centre court at a Wimbledon women’s final in the 1940s.

I’m starting to worry that Emma is losing her fizz. Even her hair looks a bit limp here, or maybe I’m just missing her as a red head.

The only thing that grabs my attention is her colourful Brian Atwood ‘Angela’ criss-cross and peep-toe platform sandals and that rich red lip colour.

Credit: Getty

Alessandra Mastronardi In Valentino - 'To Rome With Love' Rome Premiere

Alessandra Mastronardi In Valentino – ‘To Rome With Love’ Rome Premiere

Mena Survari In Pamella Roland - ‘American Reunion’ London Photocall

Mena Survari In Pamella Roland – ‘American Reunion’ London Photocall

30 Responses to Emma Stone In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Cancun Photocall

1. Bec April 17, 2012 at 11:22 #

“It’s like she’s about to take centre court at a Wimbledon women’s final in the 1940s.” made me lol.

I agree though, very blah, even her usually flawless make up looks strange in this photo.

• Fashion Critic April 17, 2012 at 11:30 #

;)

But she does look like that, right?

• Bec April 17, 2012 at 11:44 #

Definitely. If I was more computer savvy I would Photoshop a little old wooden tennis racquet in her hand lol :) :)

2. Amy April 17, 2012 at 12:17 #

I like the whole. It’s not a showstopper but it’s nice

3. Ida April 17, 2012 at 12:24 #

Miss the red hair so much! That was her true characteristica! She shouldn’t be a blondie. Suddenly she is more like everyone else…

4. A. April 17, 2012 at 13:24 #

You’re right. she looks so much better with the red hair. Even brown would suit her, just not blond.

5. EmmaWoodhouse April 17, 2012 at 13:24 #

I prefer her with red hair but I think this outfit is super-cute! Love the shoes.

• NooG April 17, 2012 at 20:28 #

6. justme April 17, 2012 at 14:00 #

Yikes @ the make-up.
    The Wimbledon comment is spot on.

7. Alina April 17, 2012 at 14:14 #

It’s just OK.

8. Liana April 17, 2012 at 14:44 #

The fabric and structure of the skirt doesn’t work with that top IMO. I don’t like the hair either (texture isn’t great).

I think it would have look great on the street, but for an event, it could have been more polished.

9. fromchi-town April 17, 2012 at 14:57 #

I totally agree with you FC, this is very blah. And I don’t like her hair at all. I wish she could go back to being a red head.

10. Gillian April 17, 2012 at 14:58 #

I love this look! The all white is unexpected tbh with the turquoise shoes and then the bold red lip. Plus the collar is super cute :)

11. Riley April 17, 2012 at 15:01 #

Meh. Her makeup doesn’t look good. Move on the the next look.

12. Like, ROAR! April 17, 2012 at 15:41 #

Andrew was the better dressed out of the two.

• e April 17, 2012 at 16:18 #

hahaha i loved your comment. as for HER look, i dont really mind the blond hair, i just wish she had put a little less blush.

• manja April 18, 2012 at 13:24 #

+1 on the blush,other then that it’s cute appropriate look for the occasion and season

13. Rebecca Z April 17, 2012 at 15:48 #

I think she looks really cute. How do the guys get away with what they wear to these things?????

14. Christine April 17, 2012 at 17:30 #

Her better half looks cute. I like his outfit better than hers :(

15. Christine April 17, 2012 at 17:30 #

P.S I miss her red hair. That blonde is not working for her!!

16. Hannah April 17, 2012 at 17:48 #

I agree, I’m not a huge fan, but if I’m honest I think it isn’t a bad outfit, I just expect mroe form her. I also am finding the hair hard to love, because it is an awkward shade, she looks amazing with red hair & she looked amazing when her hair was blonder, but this shade just doesn’t suti her, IMO.

17. Yeliz April 17, 2012 at 19:16 #

The only things I like about this look are the top, because I’m in love with those embellished collars nowadays and the shoes. I’m definitely missing her as a red head too, it made her so special.

18. Ritika April 17, 2012 at 19:33 #

The make up is the worst bit of this look. Eagerly awaiting her promo tour, coz I’m confident she’ll do a whole lot better than this.

19. Jones19 April 17, 2012 at 19:45 #

Whaaa? I don’t get you guys, I LOVE everything about this look.

20. Jill April 17, 2012 at 19:52 #

I hope you are kidding – she looks amazing! the makeup is a great contrast to the white outfit. the outfit itself is laid-back and summery, while remaining formal enough (especially when you look at the details). her sandals add some spark and imagination to the look. I like the way she finally looks alive and not too pale and washed out (because that’s what her previous peach-colored and beige outfits made her look like)

21. Aline April 17, 2012 at 21:39 #

From the neck down, it’s great. This is a very cute ensemble and her sandals are divine. But gah, the makeup is just horrible and the hair is awful… But well, it’s Cancun, it’s hard to keep your hair polished with the insufferable beach breeze.

22. Carmen April 17, 2012 at 23:35 #

She does look “blah”, which is so unusual for Emma. :/ I do love her shoes though. Also, even thought I think she and Andrew are so cute together, don’t you think they look kind of awkward in the photo?

23. Parvati April 18, 2012 at 01:10 #

I actually think the look is quite OK for a photocall. It’s simple and chic, plus she added a fun touch with the shoes. I’m not crazy about the hair, as I always preferred her as a red-head and I also don’t like the red lipstick. It looks a bit weird on this occasion.

24. pipsqueak April 19, 2012 at 00:01 #

The picture of Emma and Andrew made me cry out of joy – so adorable! I don’t like Emma’s make-up, but the dress was simple and chic. The shoes were interesting but I’m not crazy about them. Overall, a good look for photocall. Andrew … if you continue to choose your scripts wisely and adapt to Hollywood superficiality when needed, you will be the next Ryan Gosling!

25. PaulyneZI April 20, 2012 at 13:02 #

This is a pre-fall 2012 dress.