Debra Messing attended the Broadway opening night for ‘Peter and the Starcatcher’ on Sunday in New York City.

The actress looked great wearing a Michael Kors Spring 2012 dress.

Her exotic safari-inspired zebra-print stretch crepe dress with long sleeves would’ve been perfect with the runway belt to give her a more defined waist.

Instead she opted for brown leather accessories including a snakeskin clutch and Christian Louboutin knotted peep-toes.

Luscious curls and a diamond-accented snake necklace completed the look.

I like neither the heels nor the necklace with this look.

The necklace feels a tad fussy for such a print and the shoes would’ve also been better had they been simpler.

This dress sells itself; it didn’t need much else.

You can buy Debra’s Michael Kors dress from Net-A-Porter.com which comes with a belt.

Rashida Jones In J Brand, Ann Taylor & H&M - 'Today' Show

Rashida Jones In J Brand, Ann Taylor & H&M – ‘Today’ Show

Charlize Theron's Givenchy Nappa And Suede Sandals

Charlize Theron’s Givenchy Nappa And Suede Sandals

15 Responses to Debra Messing In Michael Kors – ‘Peter and the Starcatcher’ Broadway Opening Night

1. J April 17, 2012 at 18:05 #

She almost always gets it wrong. I so miss her as Grace. Grace had a stylist.

• pipsqueak April 18, 2012 at 23:38 #

+1 And that hair and those shoes … oy, Debra Mess.

2. Nat39 April 17, 2012 at 18:28 #

This is too much zebra-print, it’s overwhelming. Don’t mind the absence of the belt much, without the obvious waist-definition, the dress skims her figure defining her curves in a more subtle way, love the pretty hair – the only standout element needed, no need for the necklace, agree, would’ve preferred simpler shoes as well.

3. EmmaWoodhouse April 17, 2012 at 18:28 #

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley would have rocked this. On Debra, it’s a mess.

• Alina April 18, 2012 at 06:24 #

*Imagine the dress on Rosie* SWOOOOON

4. Marybeth April 17, 2012 at 18:46 #

Oh how I wish she had worn the belt! It makes the dress look much more shapely and elegant. Too bad.

5. Rebecca Z April 17, 2012 at 19:00 #

Way too fussy for the necklace. She seems lifeless to me.

6. Jones19 April 17, 2012 at 21:01 #

She always looks so frumpy on Smash, this is slightly better but a belt and better heels would have improved this.

7. Aline April 17, 2012 at 21:05 #

Yeah, the necklace is a no. But I don’t really mind the shoes and the absence of the belt. I think she looks great, actually.

8. Riley April 17, 2012 at 21:40 #

She needed slick hair with this busy dress. Fiercer shoes, smaller clutch. I definitely think she could’ve pulled off the runway belt.

9. Sharon April 18, 2012 at 02:34 #

Debra has always had the most gorgeous hair, but doesn’t always use it to her advantage. I don’t think the belt would have helped save this dress, and I dislike the color brown as much as FC dislikes white shoes, so she loses more points from me for her accessories.

10. bm April 18, 2012 at 02:58 #

This is one dress that i’d never ever buy, coz i know this dress isn’t doing nothing with women with size 4, 6 and so. Debra should know it.

11. A. April 18, 2012 at 04:34 #

The belt would have added an extra dimension to the dress. And I prefer the thick belt on the model more than the one on netaporter

12. Jess2 April 18, 2012 at 13:50 #

I definitely think a belt would have improved this look, but I am not really feeling it. I think that because of the high neck and long sleeves I would have liked her hair up.