16.04.12 Premiere

Penelope Cruz In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘To Rome With Love’ Rome Premiere

Late on Friday evening, Penelope Cruz attended the premiere of her latest movie ‘To Rome With Love’ in Rome, Italy, following the photocall earlier in the day.

The Spanish actress arrived at the Auditorium Parco Della Musica looking beautiful wearing a Dolce & Gabbana corseted gown.

Her nude lace strapless gown with gathering detail at the hip was accessorized with a bronze Roger Vivier minaudière and Chopard jewels.

With a braided top knot, Penelope completed her look with smouldering dark eyes and a nude lip colour complementary to her dress.

An elegant updo would’ve been preferred, but this is a much improved look from the photocall.

Credit: Getty

Mulberry 'Firepit' Coachella Party

Mulberry ‘Firepit’ Coachella Party

‘My Valentine’ Premiere - Part 1

‘My Valentine’ Premiere – Part 1

17 Responses to Penelope Cruz In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘To Rome With Love’ Rome Premiere

1. Alina April 16, 2012 at 09:30 #

Gorgeous colour on her, but the hair is a complete disaster.

2. Nat April 16, 2012 at 09:31 #

My only complain would be that it looks a little too tigh on the bust.
    Other than that, I LOVE this look.

3. beta April 16, 2012 at 09:37 #

she looks absolutely fantastic!

4. bas April 16, 2012 at 12:09 #

I like it, but I think the make up is a bit heavy for the dress.

5. zoe April 16, 2012 at 12:57 #

penelope for bdotw! i rarely like how she dresses but she is really glowing here. she looks breathtaking :)

6. Christine April 16, 2012 at 14:12 #

She wears the same shape and style constantly. Which is good to know what works for you but it gets boring too. Nothing special but I have to admit the color is gorgeous on her.

7. Hannah April 16, 2012 at 14:15 #

I like her, and I love when she does gowns because she loosk so elegant and glamorous, but I just don’t like the dress. I think that her hair & makeup is wonderful, but the dress is so deja vu to me, as all Dolce lace dresses are, and this lace reminds me of that layer that goes underneath curtains or something. Ilike the colour but the gown just doesn’t do anything for me.

8. Riley April 16, 2012 at 15:38 #

The gown is gorgeous, and I agree this is MUCH better than that horrid Emilio Pucci tar mess, but this isn’t flattering and isn’t her best. Not BDOTW.
    It certainly is a step back in the right direction.

9. Jess2 April 16, 2012 at 17:10 #

She looks very beautiful and the dress is gorgeous. I have a soft spot for lace :)

10. Thomas Monks April 16, 2012 at 17:24 #

This is the first time that I can actually say that I love a standard Dolce & Gabbana lace gown on the red carpet . This is totally a best dressed of the week nomination worthy!

11. Yeliz April 16, 2012 at 17:53 #

This is SO much better than her photocall disaster.

12. Lucía April 16, 2012 at 19:06 #

I missed her so much I loooove this.

13. EmmaWoodhouse April 16, 2012 at 19:35 #

Glowing. A BDOTW contender even with the topknot!

14. Dhppy April 16, 2012 at 22:41 #

It looks like D&G could take some lessons from McQueen or Vivienne Westwood on how to make a corset. Her breasts are little hemmed in and her waist is undefined.

15. Aline April 16, 2012 at 23:16 #

She looks fantastic. This really is a beautiful dress.

It’s only Monday and I already have 3 gowns (Penelope’s, Angelababy’s and Delta’s) that I’d put for BDOTW.

16. Ramsay April 17, 2012 at 01:00 #

She looks good – but I find she always overdresses to movie premieres – I mean this dress could easily be worn to an award ceremony (I actually like it more than her lacklustre oscar dress) – without setting a strict rule but don’t you find that many celebrities are overdressing to premieres? A cocktail dress, jumpsuit, pajamas, etc are enough, no need for a lace corsetted Dolce with a braided updo – what do you think FC?

• Fashion Critic April 17, 2012 at 07:34 #