16.04.12

‘My Valentine’ Premiere – Part 1

On Friday evening at the Stella McCartney boutique in LA, Paul McCartney hosted the premiere of ‘My Valentine’, which he directed, with his daughter Stella, who outfitted the guests on the night.
Here are the best dressed on the night. The ones who I didn’t like will follow later.

Miranda Kerr: The supermodel wore a dress from Stella McCartney’s Spring 2012 collection. The model, wisely, opted for a solid black version of the runway dress which still has the curvilinear embroidered and the mesh panel inserts above and on the waistline. I love the Stella McCartney yellow faux-python clutch, but the black pumps are really anonymous. She could’ve punched up the look with black sexy sandals, yellow pumps or gold sandals to complement the gold hardware on her clutch.

Gwen Stefani: The singer nailed her look wearing a chic Stella McCartney Fall 2011 black silk jumpsuit with sheer panels and a peplum waist which I prefer to the runway version with polka dots. She teamed her jumpsuit with a Kelly Wearstler perforated clutch and black Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ pumps which work so well on this occasion. A twisted top knot and her signature smouldering red lip colour completed her look. She was easily one of the best on the night.

Jordana Brewster: The actress donned a two-tone Stella McCartney Spring 2012 mini dress with a swirling embroidered detail which we have already seen on Salma Hayek. With her ombre hair tumbling down her shoulders, she completed her look with a blue faux-leather ‘Falabella’ clutch and two-tone faux-leather sandals.

Gwyneth Paltrow: The blonde actress was one of the first to bring the Stella McCartney Spring 2012 collection to the red carpet, so that may explain why she wanted to keep the look simple on this occasion. She wore a simple white tee with a Stella McCartney black blazer with Stella McCartney ombre jeans. Her McCartney accessories included a perforated box clutch and black leather ankle boots with white platforms from the Fall 2012 collection.

Reese Witherspoon: The mother-to-be opted for Stella McCartney black long-sleeved loose-fit dress with sheer accents to cover her baby bump. Gold jewels, black pumps and a Stella McCartney faux-python clutch provided the finishing touches.

Jayma Mays: The ‘Glee’ actress wore a simple black Stella McCartney dress with a polka-dot yoke, opting to make a statement with her accessories. She added a Stella McCartney ‘Falabella’ fold-over faux-leather clutch with an electric-blue chain and H&M neon-yellow strappy sandals which made her stand out on this red carpet. Glossy layered waves and a red lip colour completed the look.

Credit: Getty

Kate Moss In Alexander McQueen - Alexander McQueen And Frieze Dinner Celebrating Frieze Art Fair 2013

Kate Moss In Alexander McQueen – Alexander McQueen And Frieze Dinner Celebrating Frieze Art Fair 2013

‘My Valentine’ Premiere – Part 2

‘My Valentine’ Premiere – Part 2

35 Responses to ‘My Valentine’ Premiere – Part 1

1. Alina April 16, 2012 at 09:47 #

Miranda, Gwen and Jordana were my favourites at this event.

2. vicky April 16, 2012 at 09:52 #

All in black and so boooring, Snooze-fest personified!
    Unfortunately for the only one who opted for colour it looks like Jordana just woke up and stepped out in her nightie.
    On the plus side, as much as I’ve hated the SS2012 collection, Miranda is so far the only one who have made it work, I guess it’s because it’s totally modified and just one colour.

• Fashion Critic April 16, 2012 at 10:02 #

be very afraid

• vicky April 16, 2012 at 10:44 #

Just seen it and it’s not pretty.
        I think it’s an insult to fashion!

• Fashion Critic April 16, 2012 at 10:57 #

I agree

• Riley April 16, 2012 at 15:33 #

Did all their stylists go on vacation together?

This is as if Angelina Jolie styled their looks.

Jayma is usally bright and adorable but she’s snoozeville here and I never say that about her :(

I am starting to think Reese doesn’t care anymore.
            Her style is too Momish. She has lost her meow pizazz if you know what I mean- she’s wearing a sack!

• Fashion Critic April 16, 2012 at 15:48 #

LOL….it would appear so.

• EmmaWoodhouse April 16, 2012 at 19:37 #

Haha, yes, we needed to be afraid!! All these looks aren’t really doing it for me…Gwynnie is the best but she’s also very simply dressed. Miranda’s look is better than the ginghams but I find the mesh inserts to be tacky. Gwen’s look was one of the worst, for me, Reese and Jordana wore sacks and Jayma was just…meh. A really terribly dressed event, which doesn’t say much for Stella!

• manja April 16, 2012 at 10:13 #

“As this was the best dressed, I’m afraid to see what’s on your Worst dressed-post…” My thoughts exactly,the only one I like here is Gwen,Reese and Jayma are just OK.Rest is bad.

3. Dee April 16, 2012 at 10:07 #

Isn’t Gwen Stefani’s jumpsuit Fall 2011?

• Fashion Critic April 16, 2012 at 10:37 #

yes, simple error, easily fixed. Thanks

4. lisanne April 16, 2012 at 10:09 #

Haha FC – as soon as I saw the pictures of the event I was dying to know what you would say about those horrific outfits. HOW did so many manage to look even worse in the Spring 2012 collection than the celebrities that have worn it so far?! Can’t wait to see the post about the looks you didn’t like!

• Fashion Critic April 16, 2012 at 10:36 #

lol…just posted the worst

5. beta April 16, 2012 at 10:12 #

miranda kerr, gwen and resees looked very good
    + I really hope the white platform on the shoes doesnt spread because its tacky as hell :P

6. Zineb April 16, 2012 at 10:27 #

Am I the only one who thinks that these Stella McCartney dresses are the new Dolce&Gabbanna stars trend?! I mean we’ve seen them in all colors and shapes on Brooklyn, Leann, now Miranda and many others.

7. Nat April 16, 2012 at 10:53 #

The only look I like here is Gwen’s. She look AMAZING!

The others are just meh.
    Gwyneth is cute enough, but the look feels too casual (plus, I hate the shoes).

• Gianni April 16, 2012 at 14:01 #

• dee April 16, 2012 at 14:37 #

8. Kaz April 16, 2012 at 11:21 #

Love Gwen, and definitely agree that Miranda’s look would have been perfect if the shoes were a bit more interesting.

9. robbie April 16, 2012 at 11:52 #

thank god for jordana the rest are boring as hell.

10. CTgirl April 16, 2012 at 12:31 #

We need an intervention to convince Stella to just stop creating clothing like this and move on to her next thing. This is excruciating.

11. CreoleLady April 16, 2012 at 13:07 #

Must be nice to have a famous dad. As others have said, if these are the best looks….

12. Christine April 16, 2012 at 14:10 #

Miranda and Gwen. That’s it. Just wow, talk about a low key fashion event.

13. Hannah April 16, 2012 at 14:12 #

I don’t get why so many peopel still wear Stella McCartney. I understand for this event, but seriously? I cannot think of the last stella look that was truly incredible or even good, frankly. I used to like some of her collections, but to me even the best dressed here clearly had to put in a lot of effort and still look nothing particularly special.

14. Leo April 16, 2012 at 14:14 #

Gwen Stefani owned , it looks like it was made for her to wear it. Flawless! Effortless.

15. Joy April 16, 2012 at 15:14 #

I think Stella needs to go back to her drawing board and start over. I really can’t wait till this panel dress is a memory of the past. I think I mildly like it on Gwyneth once ,and then in the far distance the polka dot on Kate Winslet. Please Stella do something different. This is not a good look!

16. Rebecca Z April 16, 2012 at 15:24 #

Gwen Stefani looks fabulous. I would nominate her for BDOTW.

17. Alexa April 16, 2012 at 15:57 #

Actually, if you look closer you can see that Miranda’s shoes are really interesting. They are by Salvatore Ferragamo and they have some sort of curved gold metal plate at sides and the heel is gold too. They match perfectly the clutch and her gold bangles! I really love the way she looks :)

18. Jill April 16, 2012 at 16:27 #

Stella McCartney has no designer talent. the only look of these that sort-of works for me is Miranda Kerr’s. and that could very well be mostly because she is a supermodel

19. Jess2 April 16, 2012 at 16:59 #

Miranda made a wise choice in going for all black with her dress and she is stunning as always!! Finally some girls are somewhat pulling off this collection. I really like Gwen’s look as well.

20. Yeliz April 16, 2012 at 17:50 #

Miranda is my favourite. And I like Jayma too but without the clutch.

21. Dhppy April 16, 2012 at 23:11 #

The bottom row smartly chose to stick to McCartney’s basics. Stefani is the only person to manage one of the McCartney cut out looks with aplomb. Frankly, even Kerr can’t do that dress any favors.

22. Aline April 16, 2012 at 23:13 #

Gwen is by far the best dressed here. Though I prefer the polka dot version of the jumpsuit.

23. pipsqueak April 17, 2012 at 06:16 #

I actually like this collage, much better than Part 2. Maybe I’m biased, for I just love Miranda, Gwen, Gwyneth and Reese. They looked chic, if you look at them individually. Miranda is my favorite.

24. Amy April 17, 2012 at 12:38 #

It looks like a parade of boredom.