16.04.12

2012 Logie Awards

Delta Goodrem was joined by many more stars on the red carpet at the 2012 Logie Awards held at Melbourne’s Crown Palladium to celebrate Australia’s finest talents on television.

Megan Gale: It’s no surprise to see Megan wearing an Alex Perry gown as she’s worn the designer on several occasions. Her sultry black dress with sheer panels including a deep-v cut-out was teamed with a black-and-white Bulgari clutch. Had the clutch been nude and black, this look would’ve been a perfect 10. As presented, it’s a 9.5.

Kate Richie: My, hasn’t Sally Fletcher grown. Those who grew up watching ‘Home & Away’ after school won’t recognise Kate Ritchie. I can’t believe she’s now 33 years old and looking absolutely stunning wearing a Steven Khalil midnight-blue gown. She really brought the glamour to this event with her sequined dress and with an equally bedazzling clutch and jewels. Ladylike sexy chic red-carpet dressing at its best.

Asher Keddie: You can’t have a high-profile event in Australia without a look from the Australian Couture kings from J’Aton Couture. It would be like an Oscars without Elie Saab. This might be the Marmite dress of the group; you’ll either love it or hate it. I love it. It’s tantalizing sheer without being tacky, as it’s worn with much grace and sophistication. The attention to detail on the embroidery is magnificent and Asher let the dress do all the talking by not adding any accessories.

Kat Stewart: The actress also wore a stunning nude J’Aton Couture gown. Once again it is sheer with black floral embroidered details. I love the dress, but the nude pumps are a tad stale for this type of masterpiece.

Jennifer Hawkins: The model spent the most part of her time on the red carpet showing off the daring thigh-high split in her aqua Toni Maticevski gown. I wish the dress looked a lot less flammable because the colour is beautiful on her. Coral slingbacks and a printed Pucci clutch completed her look.

Jesinta Campbell: The model wore a beautiful Burberry Prorsum keyhole dress with a gold bow tie and a Burberry box clutch. As she opted for accessories which perfectly complemented her look, she skipped on the jewels.

Credit: Getty

Steal Her Style: Lauren Conrad @ Coachella

Steal Her Style: Lauren Conrad @ Coachella

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2012 Hong Kong Film Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2012 Hong Kong Film Awards?

53 Responses to 2012 Logie Awards

1. Hannah April 16, 2012 at 23:10 #

I always feel embarassed when we have an English red carpet, so I nwo have another reason to be envious of Australians, everyone here loosk amazing.
    The only thing, besides the satin, is that Jesinta’s look was already worn, rather memorably, IMO, by Keira Knightley.

• Lynnette Lai April 17, 2012 at 04:27 #

I like Jesinta’s colour and accessories better although Kiera always brings a lot of class and with Burberry that is a given! But great hair and lovely presentation by Jesinta :) So awesome that RFA covered our awards night!

• Fashion Critic April 17, 2012 at 06:10 #

I enjoyed it x

• june April 17, 2012 at 10:12 #

oh god no, in the past the fashion on the red carpet in australia has been absolutely awful. this trend of dressing really well is a new one, believe me. i think the added spotlight of bloggers and online news websites circulate images around more, so there’s more attention and discussion and therefore everyone’s upping their game

• mllew April 17, 2012 at 11:10 #

Then you should see the red carpet here in Denmark – it is absolutely horrible!!!! ;o)

• Clover April 18, 2012 at 01:07 #

Hannah, you only have to google ‘Brownlow dresses’ to see Aussie fashion at it’s most hilarious! FC has kindly picked the top looks. There are always shockers.

2. The Dame April 16, 2012 at 23:16 #

Oh my! So in love with that J’Aton Couture dress! Stunning! All the other looks are gorgeous too! The Aussies know how to dress unlike the British IMO

3. Karis April 16, 2012 at 23:17 #

Wow @ Kate Richie! Stunning!

4. Marvel April 16, 2012 at 23:18 #

I cannot beleive that is Sally Fletcher. Asher’s dress reminds of Givenchy Couture

5. Aline April 16, 2012 at 23:26 #

Kate is my favorite here, she looks amazing. But I don’t like the clutch, so I’d give her a 9.7.

I agree about Megan, she looks great and is my top 2 here.

As for Asher, I like the dress all right, my problem here is with the boring hairdo.

Kat’s look would’ve been perfect had she indeed opted for different shoes and if the dress was shorter. It’s swapping the flor. Too bad.

The other 2 I didn’t like, so…

6. Lola April 16, 2012 at 23:29 #

Although Asher looks incredible, I seriously dislike J’Aton Couture. This dress in particular is just a wannabe Givenchy. (FYI I’m from Australia).

Kate Richie is an absolute knock-out!

• gurlygurl April 17, 2012 at 02:23 #

Thank you Lola! One of the few people who picked that up! I kept think I’d seen this dress before and then someone finally called it as a knock off. I think Asher looks great but how disappointing that it was not an original concept.

I really disliked Jennifer Hawkins look. Although the colors were great the dress looked cheap and unlined. It looked more like a high school textile project than a finished, polished designer dress.

Kate Richie was my favorite although I would have preferred it if the dress didn’t have the cut out at the bust. That color is divine and it sits so beautifully on her.

• Leah April 17, 2012 at 09:32 #

If you look back at the Jaton dresses designed for rebbeca Judd and Danni Minogue they are all very simular to this givenchy ‘inspired’ piece, the piping and appliques

• Brad April 17, 2012 at 09:38 #

I am a New Yorker in Fashion even I know J’Aton make incredibly unique Gowns and have started trends way before they have become trends. This is classic J’Aton work they have been doing over 10 years.
      We heard about the tall poppy syndrome in Australia that’s pretty sad you should be very proud of your talent, this brand is the real deal and this is signature to their aesthetic, colour wise and fabrication way before the Givenchy S2011 collection. Congratulations to J’Aton on an incredible result. B.D.O.T.YEAR!

• Fashion Critic April 17, 2012 at 09:41 #

Thanks Brad.

Whilst I did see the resemblance to Givenchy, I do know that the boys have a catalogue of these Couture pieces in their archives which have been there for years.

It would’ve surprise me if this dress was made before Givenchy’s Spring 2011 Couture collection.

• Rebecca April 17, 2012 at 09:47 #

Thank you for depending the master that are J’Aton. I am so proud of these fellow Aussies and it is so disappointing that other of our counterparts cannot share and more importantly recognise talent when blatantly hitting them in the face

7. Dhppy April 16, 2012 at 23:39 #

I like the J’Aton on Keddie in both the fit and print, but my my, that is sheer.

8. bec April 16, 2012 at 23:51 #

Ashers dress looked AMAZING on television, not as sheer as in this photo, I think its the lighting! It reminded me of Givenchy too. BDOTW!

9. Mahima April 17, 2012 at 00:11 #

Asher Keddie’s dress takes me back to Cate Blanchett In Givenchy Couture at the 2011 Oscars.
    Maybe it’s the similar colours.

• Saree April 17, 2012 at 13:15 #

Argh ya beat me to it! Whilst in comparison it doesn’t reach that level but it is still very reminiscent of that dress Cate wore.

I think it is more colours and the neck line as opposed to detail & this is a little see-through.

FC – do you get a similar vibe?

• Fashion Critic April 17, 2012 at 13:36 #

not really

10. SkirtTheIssue April 17, 2012 at 00:14 #

Asher was my favorite on the night, but Sonia Kruger and Emma Booth looked lovely too- it was really all over fab red carpet!

11. Riley April 17, 2012 at 00:21 #

Kate Richie deserves BDOTW. Her gown is stunning. She makes me swoon and I’ve never heard of her, so definitely BDOTW.

Everyone looks good, but Kate’s the best.

• Jessica April 17, 2012 at 01:49 #

I agree with all of your statements!! I definitely think she is the best dressed here, and the colour is to die for!

• Rebecca Z April 17, 2012 at 02:23 #

• Clover April 18, 2012 at 01:09 #

BDOTW!

12. Grace April 17, 2012 at 03:11 #

Is no one else noticing how terrible the fit is on Kate’s dress?!! It’s giving her weird uni-boobs in the front, like two cells half way through osmosis. And her right one is making a break for it!

13. lin April 17, 2012 at 03:18 #

Didn’t like Kat Stewart’s dress at all, thought Jennifer Hawkins’ dress was too tight, especially the back view, but couldn’t fault the others. You didn’t show a picture of Sonia Kruger’s dress, which I thought was one of the best, along with Kate Ritchie, Asher Keddie and Jacinta Campbell.

14. Leah April 17, 2012 at 03:40 #

As beautiful as Jennifer Hawkins is she never achieves that look of polished perfection on the red carpet especially in comparison to Megan Gale and Miranda Kerr.

15. Lisa Villeneuve April 17, 2012 at 04:21 #

Yay- was wondering FC what you thought of our Aussie Red Carpet. I love Kate Ritchie- my fav.

16. wendy April 17, 2012 at 04:23 #

Steven Khalil is an amazing Australian Couturist check out his facebook and website!!! The most beautiful Wedding dresses and couture gowns! http://www.facebook.com/pages/steven-khalil/41820085361

17. adriana April 17, 2012 at 04:55 #

love this post FC as i am from australia and was hoping you would do a coverage! thankyou so much :)) also, seeing as you’re from england, how do you know about megan gale always wearing alex perry (as you are very correct)and kate ritchie? are they well know there? xx

• Fashion Critic April 17, 2012 at 06:08 #

My pleasure.

I have featured Megan a few times, that’s how I know

• Clover April 18, 2012 at 01:10 #

If it’s fashion, FC knows about it ;-)

• Fashion Critic April 18, 2012 at 07:43 #

why thank you ;)

18. Alina April 17, 2012 at 05:01 #

Kate Richie is a BDOTW contender for me.

19. pipsqueak April 17, 2012 at 06:04 #

When I look at the red carpet in Asia or that in Australia, I hardly know anyone in either show business, so I’m not biased. I just have to say the Asia red carpet looks a lot more polished. I can’t say the same about these ladies. Well, to each his own. Overall, Jesinta Campbell looked the best – simple, stylish and fresh.

20. Jess2 April 17, 2012 at 06:59 #

Yay I was hoping you would do a Logies coverage :) Thank you :). I am always left a bit disappointed after an Australian awards show and this is no exception as I expect so much more from Jennifer, Rebecca Judd and also from Megan even though she did look lovely. I love the colour of Jesinta’s Burberry dress and Kate was definitely a standout. I can’t decide between Delta and Kate yet but both are BDOTW worthy :)

21. Jess2 April 17, 2012 at 07:10 #

I also thought Magdalena Roze, Carrie Bickmore and Kylie Gillies looked quite beautiful

22. alannah April 17, 2012 at 07:33 #

Hey FC,

Your favourite Elie Saab made an appearance at the Logies too! On Lisa Wilkinson – http://www.lifestyled.com.au/fashion/diary-of-a-logie-dress-lisa-wilkinson-edition/

x

• Fashion Critic April 17, 2012 at 07:36 #

the yellow one was my favourite

• alannah April 17, 2012 at 07:55 #

sorry i phrased myself wrong! i meant your ‘favourite Elie Saab’ as in the man not the dress ;)
        but hot dang that yellow dress is gorgeous!

• Fashion Critic April 17, 2012 at 08:20 #

Oh I see….LOL…yes you are right ;)

• bec April 17, 2012 at 09:23 #

OMG, I can’t believe Lisa had an Elie Saab gown!! Out of interest FC do you know how much an Elie gown like this would cost to buy??

• Fashion Critic April 17, 2012 at 09:38 #

According to Boutique1.com, approx £3,000

• Bec April 17, 2012 at 10:52 #

Eek.

P.S Asher for BDOTW!

23. Amanda April 17, 2012 at 08:54 #

Asher and Kat look out of this world!
    Incredible, as an Aussie myself very proud… have seen this label for the past 20 years masterfully re-create lace and corsetry like no other. Congrats Boys! About time the world is exposed to your talents.

24. effieee April 17, 2012 at 14:01 #

I was hoping to see a Sophie Lowe feature. Her pyjama chic ensemble was a standout, amongst a sea of sequinned gowns.

25. Mary Jane Anderson April 17, 2012 at 14:25 #

Asher looks amazing! She reminds me of Kate Winslet with her cuvaceous body and amazing posture. What a magnificent dress.

26. EmmaWoodhouse April 17, 2012 at 17:21 #

Megan: I don’t like the sci-fi costume sheer inserts.
    Kate: love the dress but she’s bursting out of the top too much.
    Asher: I may be the only one, but I really dislike it. If it were lined it would be great (and yes, it does remind me of the Givenchy collection) but the sheerness seems tacky to me.
    Kat: the whole thing isn’t working. I wasn’t impressed.
    Jennifer: love the color but the gown looks cheap.
    Jesinta: loathe that enormous keyhole. it’s like a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.

27. Yeliz April 17, 2012 at 18:39 #

My favourite is definitely Kate Ritchie too. Never heard of her but if she’s looking this stunning on the red carpet, you should feature her more often FC. :)
    My second favourite is Jesinta Campbell. It’s a very chic look.
    I don’t completely agree on the Givenchy comments about Asher Keddie’s J’Aton dress. Whilst it has a hint of Givenchy in it, I still think it’s a unique and beautiful design. But the hair ruins the look for me.
    Kat Stewart would be nice too, if she had styled her hair differently and had chosen definitely another shoes.
    I dislike Megan Gale’s dress. The v cut-out looks like a key chain.
    And Jennifer Hawkins is my worst dressed of this event.

28. Pedrie April 18, 2012 at 14:16 #

magdalena rose was the best dressed. check her out if you can.

29. Nico April 19, 2012 at 10:08 #