Scarlett Johansson In Versace – ‘The Avengers’ LA Premiere

Scarlett Johansson took the first step to regaining her red carpet mojo at the LA premiere for ‘The Avengers’ in Hollywood, California last night.

The blonde beauty looked sensational wearing a Versace Fall 2012 dress.

I guess you were expecting me to instantly dislike this black frock. Not the case on this occasion as Scarjo plays homage to her ‘Black Widow’ character, plus this Versace number is far from dull with the sexy silhouette, peplum detail at the waist and moon-shaped bodice.

Her look had a touch of sparkle thanks to Van Cleef & Arpels and she further accessorized her look with black Giuseppe Zanotti strappy sandals.

The fresh-faced actress completed her look with nude lips and a wavy updo.

Looking chic and sophisticated doesn’t have to mean boring. I’m glad ScarJo has finally received that memo.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Pixie Lott In Christian Dior - Scottish Fashion Awards 2014

Pixie Lott In Christian Dior – Scottish Fashion Awards 2014

Cobie Smulders In Donna Karan - 'The Avengers' LA Premiere

Cobie Smulders In Donna Karan – ‘The Avengers’ LA Premiere

40 Responses to Scarlett Johansson In Versace – ‘The Avengers’ LA Premiere

1. Bec April 12, 2012 at 09:13 #

I love it but I’m having epic déjà vu? Has she worn something like this before, but maybe in a different colour?

2. Jasmine April 12, 2012 at 09:16 #

She looks gorgeous. None the less I would have liked to see this for a NYC premiere than the first premiere. I would have loved to see her in something more inspiring to pay homage to the Black Widow. But happy to see her looking more sophisticated and less matronly at least, please let’s just pump up octane considering Hunger Games, Titanic, premieres were off the hook!

3. Alina April 12, 2012 at 09:17 #

I like it, not love it.

I LOOOVE the sandals.

• Iris April 12, 2012 at 09:29 #

+ 1, esp at the sandals.

• Artemis April 12, 2012 at 10:19 #

Me too..I think that that dress doesn’t do any favours on her shoulders.

• Yeliz April 12, 2012 at 11:30 #

The sandals are a dream.

4. Kennedy April 12, 2012 at 09:19 #

Whoa she looks like Amber Heard here… or Amber Heard looks like her? Either way, they look alike… but I prefer Amber :) Can’t wait to see Avengers!!!!

• Katie B April 12, 2012 at 09:31 #

OMG she does look like Amber Heard! I was thinking she looked like that girl who wore the red dress at the hunger games premere, they have the same attitude kind of. I like her better i think because she was working it more and her dress had more attitude. This seems safe. Does anyone know who that was? Can’t find her?
      FC, do you think the entire press tour will be this safe?

• Fashion Critic April 12, 2012 at 09:43 #

I think she might play it safe.

• Sally April 12, 2012 at 09:53 #

Are you talking about Leven Rambin?

• E. O'dell April 12, 2012 at 22:55 #

I can see that now that you bring it up. I think Leven at Hunger Games exudes more of the sexuality and glamour that Scarlett once had and we all missed. Her and Amber have obviously taken her place on the Hollywood scene with this red carpet dud on ScarJo’s list. Def not a good way to come back!

5. Katie April 12, 2012 at 09:23 #

I really like it, although I’ve seen better pictures something about this one doesn’t do it full justice.

6. Naomi April 12, 2012 at 09:49 #

I find this look incredibly boring.

7. Jess April 12, 2012 at 10:04 #

A million black dress for fall winter that were to die to for. and this was absolutely not the one to start a maj press tour. Buzz kill. Ruined my day. Cheers.

• bm April 12, 2012 at 12:49 #

8. Zineb April 12, 2012 at 10:21 #

Still not buying it. I mean this was her opportunity to glow, the L.A premiere for god’s sake ! Not liking it at all ! She could do much better and how can she wear exactly the same kinda dress she wore back in the Iron Man 2 premiere just with a different color and designer ! WTH is wrong with Scarlett Johansson !

9. Mick April 12, 2012 at 10:35 #

She looks good, but I’m not at all wowed.

10. Samantha April 12, 2012 at 11:49 #

This is an alright look, but it’s a look she has done frequently in recent years, and I miss the shameless sexy glamour she used to embody.

I do like the sandals, but on her, I think they cut her leg at awful place and make her look a bit… stumpy! Oh no.

11. Tamia April 12, 2012 at 13:00 #

SO boring thar I had to have forty winks just looking at her..sorry Scarlett Amber Heard has got your loook now and totally upgraded it, noone looks to you now for inspiration and major moments, they look to Amber

12. msd April 12, 2012 at 13:36 #

The shoes are great, the dress is just okay. I’m really not feeling the hair. This is a pass overall but nothing special.

13. Penè April 12, 2012 at 13:49 #

I hereby nominate shoes on the upcoming BDOFTW. Who cares its not a dress. Those shoes deserve a poll for looking like that

14. mattison April 12, 2012 at 14:23 #

The shoes are the best part of this look. The dress reminds me of the grey Tom Ford Jennifer Aniston wore to the Wanderlust LA Premiere and I have to say I prefer Jen’s look.

15. Riley April 12, 2012 at 14:34 #

I love this look, but I wish she saved this for a smaller occasion. I wish she wore a gown like Colbie.

16. Nat April 12, 2012 at 14:51 #

This isn’t bad, but it’s awfully boring, I’m afraid.
    The shoes are the best part of the look, but I wish she saved them for another look and wore something more colorfull here (I mean, she doesn’t have to take “the Black Widow” thing too literally, right?).
    Also, hair and makeup make her look older.

It’s frustrating, because we all know she has got potential and can do MUCH MUCH MUCH better than this.
    I hope she doesn’t play it safe like this for the entire promo tour…It would really be a pity.

17. EmmaWoodhouse April 12, 2012 at 15:42 #

It is very simple but I think it’s sophisticated!!! It doesn’t remind me of that Armani dress at all, actually. I love her shoes and think that she’s pulling off this look with such poise. The start of a comeback, I hope! :)

18. d April 12, 2012 at 16:48 #

boring

SJ you can do so much better but for the last few years uve lost the edge

19. Christine April 12, 2012 at 17:38 #

Deja vu

20. Rebecca Z April 12, 2012 at 20:07 #

The dress is too tight in the hips. The fact that the straps on her right shoe are crossed is driving me nuts. I really don’t like the way the bodice is built. But still, she looks great. How can that be?

• Rebecca Z April 12, 2012 at 20:10 #

And, I HATE the tattoo on her right wrist.

21. Emi April 12, 2012 at 20:11 #

Beautiful look from her, the shoes are gorgeous. But it’s a deja vu for me, too.

22. Aline April 12, 2012 at 21:09 #

UGH. So boring. But then again, I never really understood what’s her appeal, so… *shrugs*

23. Dhppy April 12, 2012 at 22:06 #

Not into the dress (just not a Versace person) or the hair, but the shoes are fantastic. The look like hell to actually wear, but they are phenomenal to gaze upon.

24. robbie April 12, 2012 at 23:16 #

not much of a fan of her style but i miss the days when she was going for the old hollywood/marilyn sex kitten look. so bland now.

25. Tina April 12, 2012 at 23:52 #

I LOOOVE the shoes!! If she had ofted for simple black pumps, this look would have been very blah, but now it’s more than presentable.

26. Zineb April 13, 2012 at 13:01 #

Hi FC,I just wanted you to check on Scarlett’s Vogue cover and the photographs taken by Mario Testino: Simply fabulous! She is joined by The Avengers’ co-star Mark Ruffalo. Couldn’t she look like that in the premiere?!

27. Vidhya April 13, 2012 at 21:51 #

Looks absolutely the same as Jennifer Aniston’s Tom ford look but in boring black.. she needs to change her hairstyle too.. updos r getting matronly.. http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2012/02/17/jennifer-aniston-in-tom-ford-wanderlust-la-premiere/

28. J April 14, 2012 at 13:18 #

I miss bombshell Scarlett.