Ryoko Yonekura In Giorgio Armani – ‘The Avengers’ LA Premiere

Ryoko Yonekura joined Scarlett Johansson and Cobie Smulders on the red carpet for ‘The Avengers’ in Hollywood, California last night.

I have been dying to see this Giorgio Armani Spring 2012 gown on the red carpet since it was presented in Milan with models embodying The Three Graces, goddesses of charm, beauty and creativity.

Whilst Ryoko does embody beauty, her gown doesn’t photograph very well.

The light just never hits it right to capture the breath-taking nature of the gown.

All the detail and splendour is unfortunately lost.

The actress opted for taupe accessories including a glitter clutch and Jimmy Choo ‘Kiln’ booties, which also had light embellishments.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jennifer Lopez In Catherine Malandrino - 'American Idol' Season 11 Top 7 Live Performance

Jennifer Lopez In Catherine Malandrino – ‘American Idol’ Season 11 Top 7 Live Performance

Charlize Theron's Alexander McQueen 'Folk' Clutch

Charlize Theron’s Alexander McQueen ‘Folk’ Clutch

14 Responses to Ryoko Yonekura In Giorgio Armani – ‘The Avengers’ LA Premiere

1. Alina April 12, 2012 at 14:42 #

I really don’t know why the dresses from the Giorgio Armani collections don’t translate well on the red carpet – they are STUNNING.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 12, 2012 at 15:56 #

I am a retail Brand Ambassador for Black Label. It is maddeningly frustrating when they photograph poorly. They are works of art in person.

That said, I really don’t care for her shoe choice. It is reading very casual.

• Rebecca Z April 12, 2012 at 19:57 #

I would say her entire presentation of the exquisite dress is too casual–hair, makeup and shoes–and why pick a glitter clutch with THIS dress???

• Jones19 April 13, 2012 at 15:48 #

Debbi I’m also getting the too casual vibe from her shoe choice. It’s sad the the dress doesn’t photograph well :/

2. bm April 12, 2012 at 14:44 #

I blame the lights for made this look a little bit cheap. But, i think she is working this gown. We don’t know her, but bravo for her for brought this gown to a premiere.

3. Nat April 12, 2012 at 15:00 #

Wow, this must been the strangest photo of a dress I’ve even seen. It looks like someone just put Tipp-ex (correction fluid) over my screen, exactly in correspondence of her dress.
    It’ weird but also somehow fascinating, LOL.

By the way, even if the photo is so odd, you can tell that the dress is gorgeous.

4. Riley April 12, 2012 at 15:23 #

BDOTW is all I have to say. She looks stunning.

5. EmmaWoodhouse April 12, 2012 at 15:47 #

You can see the detail more clearly here :)

I think she looks elegant and it’s such a shame that the subtleties of the dress didn’t translate in the photo. She was the BDOTP (best dressed of the premiere) imo!

• Fashion Critic April 12, 2012 at 16:06 #

yes, better in the close up, not so much on the long shot sadly.

6. chita April 12, 2012 at 17:06 #

Those eyes are like Greek tragedy provokingly coming out of her face!!!!!! yikes

7. Christine April 12, 2012 at 17:28 #

Stunning dress.

8. Zineb April 12, 2012 at 17:34 #

Why oh why didn’t Scarlett pick a gown ?! Ryoko looks amazing, regardless of the shot which doesn’t give the dress justice.

9. Hannah April 13, 2012 at 05:25 #

I feel as though the accessories are too heavy for the dress, adn they clash. There’s a photo of her full length which hasn’t got the flash effect, except she’s holding the dress up.

Her shoes are the Jimmy Choo ‘Kiln’ booties.

• Fashion Critic April 13, 2012 at 08:44 #