Jennifer Lopez must have had Steven Tyler, Randy Jackson and most of the male viewers’ eyes popping out of their heads when the diva walked on stage for the ‘American Idol’ top 7 live performance show last night.

For some reason I can hear LMFAO’s ‘Sexy and I Know It’ playing in my internal jukebox, because the diva is exuding sexy from her every pore wearing this Catherine Malandrino Fall 2012 dress.

Some might say that this dress is too sexy for early evening TV, but my response to that is you can’t keep a true diva down.

This black leather long-sleeved dress with horizontal cut-outs is JLo personified.

It’s an honour to see her work her magic.

Christian Louboutin black spiked pumps and a half up, half down hairstyle completed her look.

BDOTW?

Credit: Fashioning.com & Getty

Cheryl Cole's Summer 2012 Collection For Stylist Pick

Cheryl Cole’s Summer 2012 Collection For Stylist Pick

Ryoko Yonekura In Giorgio Armani - ‘The Avengers’ LA Premiere

Ryoko Yonekura In Giorgio Armani – ‘The Avengers’ LA Premiere

38 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Catherine Malandrino – ‘American Idol’ Season 11 Top 7 Live Performance

1. Sally April 12, 2012 at 14:15 #

The dress is super sexy and looks amazing but the hair isn’t doing it for me in the slightest and is she wearing bangles? something about the left wrist looks awkward and clunky

• Jones19 April 13, 2012 at 15:49 #

A sleek ponytail would have made this look pop.

2. Lee April 12, 2012 at 14:26 #

This dress is very sexy and she looks amazing in it compared to the model. I’m not digging the hair either though. However, its still a great look.

3. Riley April 12, 2012 at 14:28 #

JLo looks tacky. This is one of her worst looks.

4. Nat April 12, 2012 at 14:30 #

I’m often not a big fan of her style, but this look is perfect for her and she’s certainly working it.
    Bonus points for being perfectly matched with Steven’s outfit, LOL.

5. Alina April 12, 2012 at 14:35 #

Stunning dress on her, but the hair is bad.

6. bm April 12, 2012 at 14:37 #

Even though she is a diva, i think this is just too sexy, and she should share the spotlight with other contestants. Her Lanvin last week is the perfect example. So, this is not a BDOTW-worthy imo.

7. AW April 12, 2012 at 14:38 #

I don’t think this dress is too sexy for early evening tv.

She looks great, I love that she’s proud of her figure.

I kinda wish for a slightly different shoe.

8. sandy April 12, 2012 at 14:48 #

yes, the dress isn’t “too sexy” but is it age appropriate? i honestly don’t think it flatters her figure as much, i think if there was a customized version of this dress for her, it would have worked. the cut-outs look too busy.

9. Saree April 12, 2012 at 15:04 #

Reminds me a lot of the dress Rihanna wore – was it a NYE party in Vegas or something? – but her’s was white and full length, which isn’t a bad thing. But black would suit a TV show as opposed to a red carpet event.

10. manja April 12, 2012 at 15:06 #

agree with you FC 100%,stunning look,love everything about it,def BDOTW.and one look at the model is a confirmation that the dress was made for JLo.what a difference!

11. Z April 12, 2012 at 15:20 #

Bella! Love this dress!

12. EmmaWoodhouse April 12, 2012 at 15:49 #

I really dislike this dress–it’s one of the tackiest I’ve ever seen and I don’t think it’s age-appropriate.

13. mm April 12, 2012 at 15:53 #

i really wish she could walk out by herself. the men assault my eyes. Steven doesnt have a strong masculine walk and does randy have on skinny jeans. I instantly thought of rap song with a line “all that A$$ in those jeans” gross when that applies to a man

14. evelyn April 12, 2012 at 15:55 #

simply stunning and hot to death..without a doubt BDOTW….too bad the pic doesn’t translate like in tv, on tv the dress looks so rich and her make up and hair was flawless and i mean flawless make up. i still can’t believe she’s pushing 43!!!!

15. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 12, 2012 at 15:58 #

Sizzling. Love her confidence.

16. Kathryn April 12, 2012 at 15:58 #

I would love this look if she had shortened it just a tad bit (maybe get rid of the last mesh and leather layer). Because as is it looks a little too tight around the hips.

17. mandy April 12, 2012 at 16:26 #

Steven Tyler’s trench is amazing !

18. Caro April 12, 2012 at 16:31 #

I agree with FC 100% –she was born to wear this dress. Work it girl!

19. d April 12, 2012 at 16:37 #

is her face swallon or something….

20. Mary Jane Anderson April 12, 2012 at 16:38 #

I don’t really like this look either. Of course she oozes sex appeal but the dress do seem a little too tight, plus I don’t like the length. As for me, it is early evening tv & age appropriate, but there’s just something about the fit that makes it look wrong…

As for her beauty look, the make up is flawless but the lack of volume on top of her head makes her look very severe. She looks wonderful, but definitely not BDOTW worthy.

21. Christine April 12, 2012 at 17:30 #

I say if you got-flaunt it! But in a good way of course LOL.

Her body is to die for!! The dress fits her curves perfectly and I like it. Not tacky imo

22. Zineb April 12, 2012 at 17:34 #

FANTASTIC !

23. Eve April 12, 2012 at 19:49 #

I think someone who is more edgy than diva would do this dress justice. I am not feeling it on Jennifer at all. The hair is terrible, and overall it’s a bit too much for a TV show.

24. Rebecca Z April 12, 2012 at 20:03 #

I’m on the fence. She is a gorgeous woman with an amazing figure and she carries this off well. But somehow to me the dress reveals a little too much upper thigh and so it looks like a cheap peep show.

25. Nia April 12, 2012 at 20:15 #

Lol, the online newspapers have dubbed it the ‘revenge dress’ because Marc Anthony officially filed the divorce papers yesterday.

26. Aline April 12, 2012 at 21:16 #

I, for one, will take sexy over boring any given day. She looks sensational! This dress hugs her curves so perfectly, it seems that it was actually made for Jennifer. On the lookbook the dress is just some few straps put together, on JLo it’s a completely different thing. It’s like it’s another dress. Really.

I do wish she had opted for a different hairstyle, though. She should’ve worn it wavy rather than straight.

27. Shevelle April 12, 2012 at 21:37 #

She look amazing! Age appropriate? Come on if you looked this good at 43 why the hell not? She has an amazing womanly figure and is a great role model for being proud (and working to death) of what ‘mama gave you’ BDOTW for sure!

28. Raquel April 12, 2012 at 22:25 #

Age appropriate? She is 43 and has a body to die for, so what?

One thing we can count on JLo is that she ALWAYS own her looks.

29. Carmen April 12, 2012 at 23:39 #

Love the dress. but definitely not on Ms. Lopez. She just looks a little trashy. Maybe on Leigh Lezark (although I doubt that will ever happen, unfortunately :() or someone of the like.

30. Tina April 12, 2012 at 23:50 #

I don’t know… this dress is incredibly… bandage-y. Not my favorite, and I hope she tries dresses more like the one on the BDOTW list last week. These uber tight, uber sexy dresses are no longer fresh and appealing.

31. roxana April 13, 2012 at 07:06 #

so so so sexy!

32. Francois B April 13, 2012 at 11:05 #

Her hair look SOOOO bad!

33. Pèrè Lenière April 14, 2012 at 14:51 #

i thought this was herve leger

34. junglesiren April 23, 2012 at 00:58 #

She killed it. In fact, she wore it better than the model. Damn, that girl knows how to dress that womanly body of hers.