Crystal Renn also wore a Zac Posen gown to the 9th Annual Spring Dinner Dance New Year’s In April: A Fool’s Fete in New York City last night.

The supermodel, who’s sporting platinum locks these days, selected a look from the designers Pre-Fall 2012 collection.

I love this forest green gown with feathers on the shoulders.

You need an amazing body and supermodel fierceness to pull it off, which Crystal has in abundance, but the hair and the bleached eyebrows don’t work for me at all.

She’s also looking a tad waxy, like a Madame Tussauds figure.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

35 thoughts on “Crystal Renn In Zac Posen – 9th Annual Spring Dinner Dance New Year’s In April: A Fool’s Fete

1. Jacqu

Agreed! That hair! Those eyebrows. However fierce she poses, it takes away ALL of the pleasure I felt from seeing that dress on the model.

1. Jeremy

She lost me. I was rooting for her when her story of being a “plus-size” model became public. Now she just looks like a malnourished skinny(I’m being generous here) wax doll. She doesn’t have those beautiful curves that make her unique anymore.

1. Riley

The sad thing about Crystal Renn is that she championed curvaceousness but now she looks like everyone she wrote her book “Hungry” against. She looks plastic.

2. Beta

I wouldnt have recognized C.Renn in a million years O_o
    she has completely morphed!
    not only the hair but also her body is unrecognizable
    yes, I also like darker hair better

3. Hannah

I really dislike every single thing about this look. Firstly, the hair, and especially the eyebrows. I’m sure it was like when Coco died her hair red, for a shoot or something, but still. Then the skin, waxy. Then teh dress. It is just a hideous gown to me. I hate the colours, especially all together. The fabrics look ugly, the hem especially, and the creasing on the bodice is killing me, as are those feathers on the straps. It just looks like a cheap barbie dress or a broadway dress or something to me.

4. Christine

She looks horrid. She lost way too much weight. So much for “being happy with her curves”

The dress is ugly. Not a good look!

1. Shaina

I agree completely. Very disappointing…her weight loss, and especially the hair and brows. I want the old Crystal back.

This dress, however, I love.

5. Aurélien

I agree she looks so unrecognizabled, and I’m also disappointed by the dress. I also feel the dress is much more greener than the one on the model … I miss that darker/browner tone

6. Chanel

She became the standard. She wrote a whole book about how society’s ideals made her struggle with her weight, yet here she is skinny as ever and bleached blonde. How sad.

1. taksi

She looks slender but healthy, maybe a size 6. I think that’s rather a more natural weight for her than when she was plus-sized. Being plus-sized model isn’t necessarily healthier either. It’s fine if the models are naturally that weight, but a lot of them have to gain extra weight. It’s a silly requisite of modeling, you have to be either stick thin or plus size.

7. valentine

I am so shocked and so disappointed!
    we saw her going thinner and thinner in the past few months. But this is really sad and shows how this industry is all about stereotypes.
    I hope more hard-headed women will help and change things.
    the dress is gorgeous but the total barbie look, seriously, i was really waiting for more coming from you, crystal!

8. EmmaWoodhouse

She looks like a cheap barbie doll, which is very sad…a far cry from that glamourous gold Zac Posen. I am so disappointed. I don’t like the neckline on the dress, but on the other model the skirt is gorgeous. Crystal makes the whole thing look cheap.
    Thank goodness for Coco in Zac Posen on the same day!

9. Yeliz

I don’t like the gown so much anyway and Crystal just looks horrible with those ugly eyebrows and hair.

10. Tiffany Nicole

that dress belongs on a broadway stage in some over-the-top musical and at a minimum belongs in the Fall.

11. Rebecca

I feel bad for her. You have to wonder how she slimmed down, and why she’d go from darkest brunette to platinum blonde. Does she have an eating disorder again, or is she on drugs?

12. bm

The truth is, I love this dress better than Coco’s. But, Coco win the battle between 2 Zac Possen dresses simply because she looks natural, nothing is more or less.

13. Chisyelda

She’s going against everything she ever stood up for. I used to look up to her (because of her attitude towards body image),but in my eyes now she’s nothing but a hypocrite. if you’re going to eat up all your words,at least try to look good doing it.

14. miranda

She’s a hypocrite and a liar for writing a book about the weight issue and then abandoning her convictions to the fashion of the day.

Having said that, the dress is ugly, her bone structure is amazing, her hair and brow dye job would look better with an edgier outfit, and she poses like a champ.