10.04.12

Olivia Palermo For Marie Claire Spain April 2012

Despite many of you still questioning “what does Olivia Palermo do?” The former reality TV star continues to rank in fashion campaigns and appear on covers for glossy magazines.

This month the New Yorker covers Marie Claire Spain for their April 2012 issue shot by Sergi Pons.

The famous for being famous star wear a Christian Dior Spring 2012 dress on the cover plus the rest of her editorial, shot by Andrew Yee, sees her wearing Prada, Valentino, Louis Vuitton and Masscob.

In the mag Olivia talks about dressing for special occasions and daywear, she gives explains how she looks amazing on whilst wearing high-street clothes, she shares style tricks and her current must have pieces.

Here are some extracts from her interview.

On dressing for a special occasion versus the everyday: “For a special occasion, a cocktail dress from Giambattista Valli. For the regular day to day, there is nothing like a simple pair of jeans from Paige, blouse from VBH, ballet flats and a tailored jacket – to make it feel a bit more formal.”

On how she looks killer on a sensible budget: “I love mixing low cost pieces with some things that are higher end.” – citing that she pairs clothes from Topshop with shoes from luxury brand Jimmy Choo.”

On other styling tricks she has up her sleeve: “Invest in a special piece and make sure it’s wearable each season.”

On some of her current must-have pieces: “Patterned trousers with a basic jersey top and spike heels.” – noting her obsession with floral print pants.”

Credit: Style.com & Marie Claire Spain

Samantha Cameron's Alessandra Rich Swarovski Crystal Lace Gown

Samantha Cameron’s Alessandra Rich Swarovski Crystal Lace Gown

Kim Kardashian's Roland Mouret Annabelle Crepe Wool Dress

Kim Kardashian’s Roland Mouret Annabelle Crepe Wool Dress

35 Responses to Olivia Palermo For Marie Claire Spain April 2012

1. alex April 10, 2012 at 18:06 #

She looks absolutely stunning!

I love her in the Louis Vuitton.

2. Dorian Gray April 10, 2012 at 18:13 #

OMG they could give her at least a clutch!

3. Christine April 10, 2012 at 18:37 #

Love the spread! She is really beautiful.

4. andrea April 10, 2012 at 18:43 #

Did they mean to write upper “eats” side??? Hahaha!

• MoxieSue April 10, 2012 at 21:28 #

I wondered that myself!

• jkrau April 11, 2012 at 05:23 #

Seriously! I can’t imagine that they meant to write
      “eats”, but I also can’t imagine they’d MISS A TYPO like that!!!!

• Tania April 11, 2012 at 16:34 #

It’s definitely a typo!, LOL!!

• Dee April 11, 2012 at 21:46 #

i caught that before i even noticed she was on the page lol.

5. mm April 10, 2012 at 18:53 #

I often dislike her editorials because of the facial expressions as scene on the cover. Her mouth needs to be closed or a full on smile.

I am huge fan her style love the prada pics and the last one.

• mm April 10, 2012 at 18:54 #

meant “seen” oops

6. GiGi April 10, 2012 at 19:22 #

That cover dress is horrific, but the rest are gorgeous. (Good catch, andrea!!)

• Molly April 10, 2012 at 19:49 #

Agree with this completely. In each of the looks, she makes the clothing look infinitely more stylish and appealing than the runway model. Impressive.

7. Riley April 10, 2012 at 19:33 #

Olivia Polermo is a better version of Alexa Chung- she is known for her style, has random jobs and makes a living off of other people accepting her in certain social circles. Let’s just be honest. But Olivia is no doubt stylish and apparently a sweet person, as FC met her.

She does look amazing in these looks.

• Ahot April 11, 2012 at 18:53 #

She is a born socialite no? I for myself can take her more more seriously than overrated Alexa-why-even bother-Chung. Plus she is ridiculously beautiful so that helps. :)

8. lollypop April 10, 2012 at 20:45 #

I love all the looks except the valentino and dior.
    Her hair looks wonderful and i love the 50′s theme

9. Zineb April 10, 2012 at 20:53 #

I voted for her earlier this year as the 2011 fashionista ! I looove her style. Who cares what she does when she looks this great ! More famous celebrities ( whom we actually know what they do ) should take notes on her style tips !!!

• Nadine April 11, 2012 at 04:09 #

I may like her more because I don’t know a lot about her – except that she’s having fun with fashion, which I enjoy seeing the results of! Thanks for the sneak peek.

10. MoxieSue April 10, 2012 at 21:29 #

Some of the dresses are just way too big on her. I’m not wowed by any of them. The last one with the blouse and pants is probably the best.

11. EmmaWoodhouse April 10, 2012 at 21:48 #

I didn’t like any of these pieces on the runway. On Olivia, they’re GENIUS! She is gorgeous in all of these pix.

• Aline April 10, 2012 at 23:28 #

My thoughts exactly. She looks lovely.

12. kim April 10, 2012 at 22:34 #

She’s very pretty but her hideous personality makes it impossible for me to like her. She was so horrible on The City not to mention she is such a social climber/famewhore.

• chisyelda April 11, 2012 at 03:34 #

the hills,the city. they’re all scripted reality show. maybe she acted that way on the producer’s request to boost the ratings. who knows.

13. J.A. April 10, 2012 at 22:54 #

She looks stunning in every picture, I don’t know how she manages to make every dress her own. Loved her in the Louis Vuitton.

14. Rebecca Z April 11, 2012 at 00:51 #

The Prada print looks like a nightgown on the model, but it looks adorable on Olivia. The Dior cover dress is a really bad pick for her–maybe for anyone. the Louis Vuitton is the best in my opinion.

15. Tina April 11, 2012 at 01:17 #

I really like her style – she actually gives useful fashion advice unlike some proclaimed fashionistas whose “advice” is absolutely useless on ordinary people like us.

16. Alina April 11, 2012 at 05:48 #

Stunning!

17. roxana April 11, 2012 at 07:01 #

a very beautiful girl with great style!

18. manja April 11, 2012 at 08:22 #

I love her style,and love this editorial as well.My fav is LV and last photo.She is so beautiful and stylish,and obiviously it’s enough for her to live of that.So good for her.

19. Gabriela April 11, 2012 at 08:35 #

I suppose you didn’t read the whole article, because it is way disappointing. I live in Spain and bought the magazine bacause of her, and boy, did she deliver in the photographs… She is gorgeous, and gives the clothes a flair and elegance that is hard to find.

But, after drooling over the pics, dresses, hair and make-up, I started reading and I got the distinct impression that she wasn’t easy to work with -refused to wear the shoes the stylist had prepared- and that she is somewhat distant and cold. Her answers to the very few questions asked are really vague and something you’ve read a thousand times.
    She looks like a billion dollars, but I wouldn’t bother to read any article she is in.

• sandy April 11, 2012 at 13:59 #

well, i know the show she was on was fake-scripted reality tv… but she didn’t come off very humble in the city so i assume her personality would be similar irl.

still, she is a gorgeous girl with impeccable style.

• Gabriela April 12, 2012 at 08:11 #

Well, as I don’t live in the States, and I don’t really favor reality shows; I didn’t know what to expect. I only knew her from pictures and fashion blogs; and I agree, she is impeccable, gorgeous always gets it right….
        But comes across as a really dislikeable girl…

20. Emi April 12, 2012 at 06:43 #

She looks gorgeous!!!! Every piece looks great on her but the dress she wears for the cover fits her quite bad…

21. Jones19 April 13, 2012 at 16:22 #

She’s got an Audrey Hepburn thing going on. Stunning.

22. Ondo Lady April 14, 2012 at 15:33 #

There was a snarky interview with Olivia in the Evening Standard over a month ago and she admitted that she can be very uptight and too serious. Maybe she takes a while to warm up to strangers. She seems very opinionated when it comes to fashion and as Joe Zee kept on saying in The City, she has a great eye for style. Maybe she just did not like the shoes. As for The City, well we all know it was scripted and Olivia played the role as the villan in order to make it half way interesting. The comments on her being a better Alexa Chung is very insulting. She is about a million times better than Alexa, I would not even mention them in the same breath. At least Olivia looks like she made an effort.

23. eve June 6, 2012 at 13:50 #

I need a belt like the one she wears on the marie claire cover. Can you help ID it?