La La Anthony In Emilio Pucci – ‘Think Like A Man’ New York Premiere

White pumps and ombre hair?

La La Anthony was really embracing my pet peeves on the red carpet at the ‘Think Like A Man’ premiere in New York City last night.

Thankfully she’s wearing a pretty Emilio Pucci Resort 2012 frock to focus my attention.

Her coral sequin dress with fringed detail was both complementary to her skin tone and flattering to her figure. I love how the middle part of the dress nips her in at her waist.

Glossy lips completed her look.

I will have nightmares about those pumps tonight.

Credit: Getty

Brooklyn Decker In Katie Ermilio - 'Battleship' Seoul Press Conference

Brooklyn Decker In Katie Ermilio – ‘Battleship’ Seoul Press Conference

Brooklyn Decker In femme d'armes - 'Battleship' Seoul Premeire

Brooklyn Decker In femme d’armes – ‘Battleship’ Seoul Premeire

32 Responses to La La Anthony In Emilio Pucci – ‘Think Like A Man’ New York Premiere

1. Sabrina April 5, 2012 at 19:04 #

Nothing special.

2. Hisadora April 5, 2012 at 19:06 #

I’m sorry to say, but even black pumps would have worked better here…

3. MEME April 5, 2012 at 19:07 #

LOL… you havin’ nightmares about those pumps… why not send Beverly Sutphin to attack her wit’ a phone…. Lala doesn’t dress for her shape which his very unfortunate…. this outfit plus that God Awful Ombre hair does nothin’ for her…. lol….

4. Christine April 5, 2012 at 19:08 #

I don’t lie the two little holes in the front part of the dress. But, I love the color. Nice to see spring colors on the red carpet this time of year.

5. Christine April 5, 2012 at 19:09 #

Like*

6. Riley April 5, 2012 at 19:59 #

Oh FC the second I saw those white pumps I knew you’d have goosebumps (but not Cate Blanchett Goosebumps which are the opposite kind of goosebumps). She looks great in the dress except the shoes and the hair. La La tends to be tacky, which tends to be a default of all those who hang out with the Queens of Tacky, the Kardashians.

• Fashion Critic April 5, 2012 at 22:45 #

I went cold when I saw them

• EmmaWoodhouse April 6, 2012 at 22:00 #

Lol I’m not usually so affected by them (I generally don’t mind them with white or pale dresses) but they are blood-chilling here! The ombre hair…*shudders* At least it’s not blue! :D
        The dress doesn’t save it for me, as I’m not a fan of it. I don’t like how it fits her and the texture is a bit too crochet.

• Hailey May 17, 2012 at 02:53 #

I think they are the only ones who can make amazing clothes look cheap and tacky. And this is just an example, although it wouldn’t have been that bad without those cringe worthy shoes. White patent leather pumps, she is the only person who would pair those with that dress.

7. Carolyn April 5, 2012 at 20:37 #

Great dress on her but nude shoes would have been so much better!

8. Nia April 5, 2012 at 20:40 #

I really love this dress and it does not look terrible on her, but I don’t think it is the most flattering choice for the bottom-half of her figure, although it does look nice on the top-half.

The blue nail varnish is tacky and I am trying hard to pretend that those shoes do not exist.

9. Jeremy April 5, 2012 at 21:02 #

And she was voted 25 Best-dressed New Yorkers. Never get her style anyway.

• MEME April 5, 2012 at 22:52 #

When you are married to a star player of The Knicks, you get special favors done… lol…

10. bm April 5, 2012 at 23:27 #

I don’t hate white pumps as much as you do, but i agree that white pumps with this dress is not a perfect choice. I think nude pumps suits this dress much better.

11. Tiffany Nicole April 6, 2012 at 00:27 #

FC, you’re lucky. I’m going to have nightmares about the whole outfit. For me she’s boring and too much at the same time.

• Fashion Critic April 6, 2012 at 01:29 #

OMG>>>LOL

12. shaun April 6, 2012 at 00:32 #

i use to have a boss when i worked at a magazine that use to say to me, red shoes are for whores and small children, my reply was white shoes are just for whores… thats my feeling about white shoes

she looks liek a wannabe karadashian. she just tries to hard for me

13. NH April 6, 2012 at 00:58 #

FC I dont understand why you dont like white high heels. I try to see it how you see it but I gave up :P…everytime you see white heels you just never give it a chance if it looks good with the dress or not…I usually agree with you but sometimes i just dont get it why you hate it so much

I bet you have no white heels in your closet :P..

Thanks for your hard work :)

• Fashion Critic April 6, 2012 at 01:29 #

They just look really tacky to me…case in point

Thanks ;)

14. Joy April 6, 2012 at 01:25 #

Not fond of the dress or shoes, but wouldn’t it be nice if someone taught these women to pose properly?

15. Tina April 6, 2012 at 04:43 #

The white pumps are sticking out like a very very sore thumb. Even black pumps are preferable to this.

16. Alina April 6, 2012 at 06:44 #

Gorgeous dress, wrong way to wear it.

• manja April 6, 2012 at 09:11 #

17. Emi April 6, 2012 at 13:46 #

Great look for Tackyville.

18. Fiona April 6, 2012 at 15:16 #

I don’t think this dress looks good on her, she has completely the wrong body-type for it. I can see she might have liked it, but it really is a Michelle Williams/Carey Mulligan dress to me. As for the white pumps, anyone growing up in the UK in the late 80’s/early 90’s has a phobia about white pumps – I totally get you FC!!!

• Fashion Critic April 6, 2012 at 15:17 #

19. effieee April 7, 2012 at 00:02 #

Her shoes are awful. She really should’ve worn a nude pair of Louboutin Lady Dafs, which would elongate her legs and make her look taller.

20. Joy Taylor April 8, 2012 at 16:45 #

“Nightmare about the white pumps”…thank you for the much needed giggle.

21. Katharine April 10, 2012 at 06:34 #

These are really glaringly white pumps : detract from appreciating dress …

22. LaSarah April 16, 2012 at 20:24 #

The gold shoes were a better option. Even nude! Heck almost anything but WHITE!