Who Wore YSL Better? Kylie Minogue or Emmy Rossum

Here we have two gorgeous women, two bright colours and one beautiful YSL dress.

Kylie Minogue first donned the strapless YSL Edition Soir 2012 satin dress back in February, to the 2012 Brit Awards, in a vibrant blue hue.

The Australian pop star accentuated the gathered waist with a vintage-inspired embellished brooch, paired with large glittering earrings.

Blown-out hair and a glossy nude lip colour completed the look.

Emmy Rossum wore the same dress in magenta last week, to the Metropolitan Opera Gala premiere of ‘Manon’.

The ‘Shameless’ actress took a bold risk styling her dress with a black embellished choker.

Slicked-back hair and a dark pink lip colour provided the finishing touches.

Kylie makes her YSL dress seem so ordinary, while Emmy added a bold accessory to make her look more memorable, so she wins for me.

If you are having trouble deciding, click on the image above for more pictures of Kylie and Emmy in their YSL dresses.

Credit: FameFlynet & Getty

Troian Bellisario's Tibi Cap Sleeve Dress

Troian Bellisario’s Tibi Cap Sleeve Dress

Chloe Sevigny In Opening Ceremony - ‘Damsels in Distress’ New York Screening

Chloe Sevigny In Opening Ceremony – ‘Damsels in Distress’ New York Screening

16 Responses to Who Wore YSL Better? Kylie Minogue or Emmy Rossum

1. JacobGH April 4, 2012 at 09:54 #

ugh, neither

2. june April 4, 2012 at 11:06 #

i love the colour of emmy’s but i really hate the choker. it just reminds me of bad 90s fashion

3. barefoot duchess April 4, 2012 at 12:45 #

Kylie, I think

4. Linda April 4, 2012 at 14:09 #

I dislike both very much in terms of colour, style and shiny fabric. It’s just an ugly dress that looks like a 90′s bridesmaid or prom dress. Also, I really hate the thick choker Emmy’s wearing, which makes her head look really small and is certainly a throwback to a bygone era (at least I had hoped). A high fashion model with a long, slender neck maybe could wear a choker, but the rest of us should not try.

5. Riley April 4, 2012 at 14:30 #

I usually hate chokers and Emmy’s doesn’t work for me, but the fit of her dress is better so she wins for me.

6. msd April 4, 2012 at 14:39 #

Kylie is the lesser of two evils here, only because Emmy’s choker is awful, but it’s just not a good dress. How can YSL look so cheap??

7. robbie April 4, 2012 at 14:55 #

it is nice but looks cheap on both kylie and emmy. although kylie wins for me, purely because she added the brooch which adds a little detail on an otherwise plain and boring dress, not to mention those amazing bvlgari earrings.

8. Moxie April 4, 2012 at 15:28 #

I much prefer the color of Emmy’s dress, but when I look at the picture all I can see is that choker. I much prefer Kylie’s more subtle styling.

9. Like, ROAR! April 4, 2012 at 17:38 #

While the dress doesn’t fit her well, I love the styling so Kylie wins this for me.

10. Jones19 April 4, 2012 at 17:59 #

Kylie’s brooch actually enhances the dress while Emmy’s choker detracts from it. Easy win for Kylie.

11. Nat39 April 4, 2012 at 18:04 #

Although I don’t like the dress on either of them, the fit seems sloppy on both, I prefer Kylie’s styling that accentuates her beauty in a more natural way while Emmy’s look feels a bit too ‘modelesque’ stiff.

12. Emi April 4, 2012 at 18:10 #

Kylie because I can’t stand that choker.

13. EmmaWoodhouse April 4, 2012 at 19:18 #

I don’t love the dress…Kylie wins for her more effortless style. I did not like Emmy’s choker at all.

14. pipsqueak April 5, 2012 at 01:50 #

The black leather choker looks a lot like a dog collar. It’s something very hard to pull off. It’s like wearing a bow tie. Some men can look like a circus host or a caterer. Kylie wins for me. But really, this is a boring dress.

15. bisbee April 6, 2012 at 17:01 #

It’s truly a terrible dress on both! Kylie’s is too big on her, and the styling is old fashioned. Emmy tried to update with the choker and the other black accessories…and it fits her better…but still a double disaster!

16. Shaina April 8, 2012 at 16:34 #

I agree with the dog collar comment. I hate chokers, I always have and always will. I absolutely do not like it here and wish this trend never started.

That being said, Kylie wins for me by a mile. She is so elegant and regal!