03.04.12

Cheryl Cole For Marie Claire UK May 2012

Cheryl Cole has kept a very low profile ever since being booted off the US version of ‘The X Factor’ and being humiliated by her cheating husband yet again, but she’s on the comeback trail; she is currently shooting a new music video and covering the May 2012 issue of Marie Claire UK.

In the issue, which hits newsstands on April 5th, the 28-year-old pop star looks great on both the newsstand cover wearing a cut-out dress and on the subscribers’ cover wearing Dolce & Gabbana.

The rest of her editorial shot by Tesh sees Cheryl wearing Fendi, Carven and Dior.

Cheryl opens up to Marie Claire about her biggest regrets, her serious shoe addiction and her hopes for the future.

On how she sees the next chapter of her life panning out: “Who. The hell. Knows. In life, in general, you just don’t know. That’s the fun of it.”

On her shoe addiction: “It’s definitely got worse over the years, my shoe thing. Just worse and worse and worse. I should really seek a little bit of therapy. Me doing my own shoe range is quite cathartic.”

On her life being much more normal than portrayed by the tabloids: “I’m from such a normal family and background. I’m grateful for that; otherwise it could send you crazy… People have this crazy idea of my life.”

On people analysing her life: “I mean, sometimes, when people say things like, ‘Is the fact she’s wearing a pair of jeans sending out a signal?’, that still freaks me out. People psychoanalysing every move you make is weird.”

On if she has any regrets: “In life? No. Life’s too short to have regrets. Mistakes are life. I don’t live like that. I don’t have that mentality. I think that things are sent to you so you learn and grow. If you regret them, you would never be the person that you are.”

Cat Deeley In Tadashi Shoji - 33rd Annual College Television Awards

Cat Deeley In Tadashi Shoji – 33rd Annual College Television Awards

Fergie In Givenchy - Fergie's Birthday Party

Fergie In Givenchy – Fergie’s Birthday Party

15 Responses to Cheryl Cole For Marie Claire UK May 2012

1. Alina April 3, 2012 at 11:38 #

She has a beautiful smile.

2. Badaboum April 3, 2012 at 12:04 #

Beautifull summer photoshoot!
    The subscriber cover is really stunning: do you know who is the designer of the top/dress on it?

She seems to be back to her best! Well done Chezza!

3. Riley April 3, 2012 at 14:24 #

Cheryl really is a beautiful woman and does have good personal style, even if she does have three stylists ;)

4. EmmaWoodhouse April 3, 2012 at 15:16 #

Love the second cover–she looks happy and beautiful.

5. Christine April 3, 2012 at 16:23 #

She is beautiful.

6. Felicia April 3, 2012 at 19:04 #

Love them both…. Beautiful

7. Teleholic April 4, 2012 at 00:51 #

Oh, please, that standard “I don’t believe in regrets” celebrity answer. I would regret Ashley, and I wouldn’t be afraid to say so.

• Fashion Critic April 4, 2012 at 07:54 #

If I was her I wouldn’t regret Ashley.

Ashley made her.

Don’t forget that we all hated Cheryl Tweedy after the incident in the toilet.

Ashley and Cheryl became the new Posh and Becks, and that is when she became (and I hate the phrase) the Nations sweetheart.

She would be one of the other forgotten ones had it not been for Ashley.

So I believe her when she says she doesn’t regret anything.

The situation with Ashley would’ve made her stronger as a person. I don’t believe you should live life with regrets. Everything happens for a reason.

• Teleholic April 4, 2012 at 16:44 #

(I’m so sorry, that last comment was meant to be a reply to you!)

8. Teleholic April 4, 2012 at 16:42 #

The regrets thing, I just can’t see myself not regretting getting back with someone who I knew cheated on me once for him to do it again. Once, yes, I would say “I’m stronger because of it”. But I would regret allowing myself to go through it again with the person who did it to me once already. I like your outlook though, but I haven’t had any real experience to be able to say that. Who knows how I’ll react.

Hmm. I’m not from the UK so I actually am not familiar with Cheryl other than the fact that she was a judge on X-Factor and a member of Girls Aloud and that she had a husband who cheated on her. I’m not sure what the toilet incident is *newgoogletab* and I thought she became famous on her own, not because of him. In that sense, I get why she wouldn’t regret him.

• Fashion Critic April 4, 2012 at 16:56 #

Thanks Teleholic. I see your points too.

I just know that if I hadn’t lost my job and been made redundant, I would’ve never worked on my blog full-time, been then forced to figure out how to make money from it, and been able to make a career out of it ever since and have traveled to Fashion Weeks and met many famous people and designers.

The worst thing in my life turned out to be the best thing in my life

• Teleholic April 5, 2012 at 01:19 #

Haha NOW I know what the toilet incident is. Wow! I just want her to get back to her couture wearing fashion queen days sometimes.

I love that last sentence “The worst thing in my life turned out to be the best thing in my life” :) And if it wasn’t for what happened, I may never have discovered this site, and for the last 3 years there would have been a hole in my life. Seriously, I’m glad that you’re glad you lost your job because now I can say that I’M glad you lost your job, for purely selfish reasons. This blog is my addiction. My one goal in life is to have a career I actually enjoy doing which is so clearly true for you and fashion. I’m so happy it worked out for you like it has and I’m sure I speak for the rest of us when I say we’re happy you made a career out of it.

• Fashion Critic April 5, 2012 at 08:06 #

Believe me doing a job you love is the best feeling in the world. You wake up actually looking forward to the day.

9. debbie April 5, 2012 at 20:57 #

Does anyone know the designer of the t-shirt style jewelled dress? i love it!!!

• Fashion Critic April 5, 2012 at 21:58 #