Taylor Swift In J. Mendel – 2012 Academy Of Country Music Awards

Taylor Swift was easily the best dressed on the red carpet for the 2012 Academy of Country Music Awards, held on Sunday in Las Vegas, Nevada.

She looked outstanding wearing a J. Mendel Fall 2012 dress.

Gilles Mendel is very much Taylor’s go-to designer, but on this occasion she opted for a very modern, sleek sleeveless dress with metallic gold accents and cut-outs.

I guess she has read your comments because not a single sequin or embellishment was in sight for two red carpet appearances in a row.

Lorraine Schwartz jewels and Christian Louboutin ‘Summerissima’ criss-cross platform sandals accessorized her look.

Wavy hair, blunt bangs, kohl-rimmed eyes and a nude lip colour provided the finishing touches.

No sequins, no updo and no red lips. I think I need to lie down from the shock.

This by far one of Taylor’s best ever red carpet looks. I hope she ditches the ballerina-style dresses and gives us more of this in the future.

I just hope you guys haven’t put her off sequins for good.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

58 thoughts on “Taylor Swift In J. Mendel – 2012 Academy Of Country Music Awards

1. Riley

Phew! Finally her stylist put her in something that is new, fresh and interesting! Love this look.

2. fromchi-town

Wow – that’s all I can say. I think this is her best look ever. BDOTW nominee for sure!!!

3. Christine

She finally looks like a GROWN UP! Not like a little kid who’s playing dress up :)

Hope she keeps this up.

4. Christine

Also, I have to say, Blunt bangs works magic on her. I prefer Blunt bangs to the typical taylor sweet updo.

1. Saree

So she looks terrific – I can’t really fault anything.

But I will agree with Vicky but I’m more on the awkward side. It looks like it should either be a little longer OR shorter. That length, when you look at it too long, appears awkward for me. It may just be her poses or height cause the model makes it work – just something about that main picture.

But she is definitely BDOTN and should be considered for BDOTW.

2. Rebecca Z

Totally agree–didn’t they have time to hem her dress? It would have looked so spectacular if it were the right length. As it is,when you see the full length picture she just looks like she’s dressed up in her mom’s dress.

5. Teresa

I really like the simplicity of this look, but I find the silouette eerily similar to the gold Prabal Gurung dress Jennifer Lawrence wore to “The Hunger Games Premiere.”

6. CreoleLady

I’m feeling a bit faint myself, lol. A very nice change. If she were not the umpteenth blonde on this red carpet, I would need smelling salts ;). Lordy, I can’t believe I’m longing for some blue-haired Katy Perry. But my blonde fatigue in no way diminishes how great Taylor looks.

7. Oscar

I adore the dress, hair, styling and everything, but, am I the only one who think it fits her a little too big? In the model it looks more fitted. But like you all said, this is the best she has look in centuries. BDOTW nominee.

8. justme

The dress is a tad too long and the hair should have been slicker but she gets a pass because she stopped the cutesy factor.

9. ay

I’ve always liked what Taylor wore on the red carpet but this is something different and sophisticated. Love it.

1. Jones19

Ditto. I love Taylor’s girly looks but this new direction has taken me pleasantly by surprise. Love the mature look on her.

10. Chanel

I don’t like this girl, but goodness it is so refreshing to see her like this. She really does look great, though the bangs are weird.

11. Fiona

Wow – I love this on her, she looks amazing from top to toe. It very much reminds me of Jennifer Lawrence’s gorgeous gold Prabal Gurung gown, definitely the same cut and style, and it has the same effect, she wears it well.

12. Francy

She looks amazing, I had’nt even recognized her without sequins and her usual wavy hair. She looks edgy
    Definitely keep it up with this style!

13. Ade

JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH, IS THIS TAYLOR SWIFT?? She looks amazing, ethereal, devoid of any flaws, BDOTW, e.t.c

14. Amy

hallelujah! Taylor without a princes-sy glitter dress? Is it a late april fool?
    Anyway I’m not a fan of her bangs but I’m glad her stylist woke up and is trying new things.

1. bee7

it reminds me of the prabal gurung worn by Jennifer lawrence at the LA premiere. taylor looks stunning nonetheless

15. Mol

She does look great and deserves a BDOTW nod, but if I see this waist cut out style again (which not only Jennifer but Gwynth have done well, not to mention numerous editorials), I might get tired of it….but kudos for dropping the sequins.

16. EmmaWoodhouse

I have one slight caveat: the waist cut-outs. (I’m really not a fan of cut-outs). OTher than that, this is a stunning, flawless look–I think it shoudl definitely be considered for BDOTW! She looks so mature and elegant, with sleek hair and makeup. :)

17. Yeliz

Finally! She looks so amazing that I can forget her previous thousand ballerina-like dresses and pretend that she always looked that flawless. I love everything about this look and agree that this is her best look ever.
    FC I believe that she read our comments too.

18. Aline

Okay, so I’m totally alone here but, although I do appreciate her effort on doing something different, IMO this is far from being her best look. I’d chose sequined!Taylor any time. But I prefer sequined dresses myself than this kind of minimalistic looks. I don’t know, it always seem more glamurous to me when you wear a dress with some really good embroiderings, sequins etc than when you wear a dress so… simple as this one. Other than the cut outs and those gold straps (which I don’t like at all ’cause they seem to be an afterthought) it’s just… fabric. But this is just my opinion, of course.

She still looks beautiful, I mean, her hair and makeup are flawless. Let’s just say this type of dress is not my cup of tea.

19. Jill

oh my, let me catch my breath. dear lord… she actually looks like a superstar in this. and this is coming from a person who borderline hates her. I wish I could like this look less BUT THIS FREAKIN ROCKS.

20. jK

WOW … What a pleasant surprise.
    It’s probably one of the rarely occasions, when the star’s body is as skinny as the model’s. SEXY!

21. Leo

Quite edgy for her. Nice to see her going all out and it paying off. This is a great direction for her.

22. molly

Wow! She looks amazing! I didnt like the dark eye makeup at first but the more I look at the pictures, the more I like it. What a knock out, BDOTW!

23. Mana

She looks fantastic! Finally like the adult she is. Hope to see her more like a grown up person in her next red carpet appearences. Also, it’d be nice if her street style would become this sophisticated.

24. Chanel

Ah, I can’t stop looking at her! She is so beautiful! It’s modern, sexy, glamourous, young, elegant, pretty… the lists goes on.
    But I still feel the Taylor Swift-vibe to it. So I hope she wears more of these types of dresses, or at least mix her style up a bit :)

25. Jess2

Outstanding!! Now this is how a superstar is suppossed to look!! Flawless and BDOTW and BDOTE!