LeAnn Rimes In Stella McCartney – 2012 Academy Of Country Music Awards

LeAnn Rimes was joined by her plus one, Eddie Cibrian, on the red carpet at the 2012 Academy of Country Music Awards, which were held on Sunday in Las Vegas, Nevada.

This is the first time I have loved the Stella McCartney Spring 2012 collection on the red carpet.

On this occasion LeAnn’s red, white, and black printed dress with a swirl pattern and mesh insets on one side doesn’t have that horrible black embroidered detail which has put me off most pieces in this collection.

Her one-shouldered dress was styled with an array of statement jewelry.

I love her art-deco clutch, but I’m kinda wishing she’d opted for red strappy sandals instead of her beige strappy Christian Louboutin sandals.

A high bun completed her look.

Love or loathe?

You can buy LeAnn’s Stella McCartney dress from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

37 Comments
Nicole Kidman In L'Wren Scott - 2012 Academy Of Country Music Awards

Nicole Kidman In L’Wren Scott – 2012 Academy Of Country Music Awards

Martina McBride In Georges Chakra - 2012 Academy Of Country Music Awards

Martina McBride In Georges Chakra – 2012 Academy Of Country Music Awards

37 Responses to LeAnn Rimes In Stella McCartney – 2012 Academy Of Country Music Awards

1. Alina April 2, 2012 at 14:00 #

Who would have thought?
    LeAnn Rimes is one of the fews (+ Brooklyn) who looked good in a dress from this collection.

2. AW April 2, 2012 at 14:02 #

I’m sorry but YUCK. When I see her in clothes, I automatically dislike them.

The shoes are horrible, she’s unsexy and that face…

He is delicious, even tho his suit is a bit boring, too bad he took up with her.

3. EmmaWoodhouse April 2, 2012 at 14:04 #

I have to say that I still despise this collection. It has never worked for me and I still really don’t like it…ugh *shudders* Not to mention that she should have worn red strappy sandals, per your suggestion, FC! I don’t think those Louboutins go very well.

4. bm April 2, 2012 at 14:04 #

Loove, Wow, epic.
    And i’m not expected that word from LeAnn nor Stella SS 12.

• Fashion Critic April 2, 2012 at 14:08 #

I know…on paper it shouldn’t work, but it did

• bm April 2, 2012 at 14:18 #

2nd BDOTW-nominee in a row for Stella SS 12?

• Fashion Critic April 2, 2012 at 14:21 #

i think so

5. Felicia April 2, 2012 at 14:13 #

The dress looks great on her but I still don’t like it. But the shoes are giving me life! The overall look is basically a train wreck. Should have kept her accessories simpler and her hair neatly pulled back in a ponytail.

• MaryJane April 2, 2012 at 15:30 #

I totally agree with you! Her hair looks like those horrible ’98 dos plus her accessories clash with the dress… At least she rocks her look in a very confident way.

6. Simon April 2, 2012 at 14:21 #

I love the dress, but DAMN the hair ?????????? SO 90’S !!!! HATE HATE HATE UGH

7. Vicky April 2, 2012 at 14:31 #

I’m surprised so say this because I really despise this SS2012 collection, but somehow LeAnn makes it work (?!). Better than anyone else who’ve tried and failed miserably before.

Red strappy sandals and a different hairstyle would have made it even better though.

• Rebecca Z April 2, 2012 at 15:45 #

And better make-up. Somehow she does carry off the dress tho.

8. Nat April 2, 2012 at 14:32 #

The dress is probably one of the best of this overall terrible collection, but I don’t like this look at all. The clutch clashes with the dress’ pattern, and the shoes are really tacky…
    Plus, I don’t think that the one-shoulder thing suites her, the breast area looks a bit awkard.

9. mm April 2, 2012 at 14:34 #

dont like shoe coice. they look too heavy

10. Janet Snakehole April 2, 2012 at 14:39 #

I dont like it. This whole collection is quite attrocious and no one has made it work, especially not the homewrecker with terrible shoes and 90’s hair. Horrible.

11. bee7 April 2, 2012 at 15:16 #

i am loving this from the neck down. i think the shoes are perfect, red would be too matchy matchy.

12. Riley April 2, 2012 at 15:25 #

Even though LeeAnn Rimes is a millionaire to her own credit, she has become tacky and in the same league as the Kardashians. I wish she wore a gown that made her look like she belonged there rather than attending a Hollywood party.

• molly April 2, 2012 at 22:17 #

I agree. Sometimes I forget why she is on the red carpet at these country shows. What happened to that pretty girl from a few years ago? She always looked good.
      And would it have killed LeAnn to wear a bra?

13. Christine April 2, 2012 at 15:37 #

This collection will never die. LOL.

If I have to pick who wore it best, LeAnn most definitely.

• Fashion Critic April 2, 2012 at 15:38 #

Lol…nope :D

• Christine April 2, 2012 at 18:15 #

Guess we have to get used to it :D

14. D April 2, 2012 at 15:59 #

not again…….

15. Jennifer H-K April 2, 2012 at 16:26 #

This dress would be better suited at a premiere, but for an awards show I think its far too casual.

16. Zmia April 2, 2012 at 17:36 #

Love the dress and shoes, but to me It looks like she going to some beach party, and look at the back of feet, they’re dirtty

17. Tiffany Nicole April 2, 2012 at 17:45 #

I’m just going to say it: the reason she looks good in it is because she is the same size as the model. Every dress isn’t made for every girl.

The shoe is a mistake. There is something about Leann that while sweet, seems a bit off, which leave question marks for me always.

18. Jones19 April 2, 2012 at 17:47 #

Why are celebrities wearing these atrocious designs? I agree it looks better without the black detail on the bottom but it’s still an ugly dress.

19. Yeliz April 2, 2012 at 19:01 #

She looks good but I don’t think that it was a event appropriate choice.

20. Eve April 2, 2012 at 20:40 #

I think even a beige-nude-grey sandal would work, if it was less fussy. Right now it is part military, part foot cast to me. But she rocks that dress, that’s for sure.

21. smolls April 2, 2012 at 22:15 #

I really don’t like this look…not a fan of this collection to start + the hair is HORRIBLE & I don’t like the shoes with this dress. It doesn’t help that LeAnn is always pushing her chest out as far as possible, along with her ass, etc…yeah, we get it already – you LOVE yourself lots & lots..congratulations. Please stop shoving it in everyone’s face.

• manja April 3, 2012 at 11:39 #

hahahaha +1 on all you said,she sort of always plays it OTT,with her posture and her expression….tacky

22. Sharon April 3, 2012 at 01:28 #

Don’t like the dress, don’t like the shoes and don’t like LeAnn. This dress is like a bad dream that keeps coming back.

23. pipsqueak April 3, 2012 at 02:57 #

LeAnn’s physical transformation is amazing! It’s big improvement from her body back in the movie Coyote Ugly. Now I think she could play one of those sexy bartender girls. She looked great in the dress, but her hair was a mess. If it could also work on a housewife in a Juicy Couture velour hoodie and pants, it’s bad.

24. Joy April 3, 2012 at 05:33 #

Sorry but loathe. Even for the country music awards she looks too tacky. First I will say I really don’t like these Stella M. dresses. However, I think it looks the best on LeAnn so far. My problem is not with the dress, but with the dress for the occasion and on the person. I don’t understand why she continues to perpetuate our opinion of her as a hussy. Have some class for once girl.

25. ange April 3, 2012 at 09:48 #

sorry but in australia where i’m from the only word we would use to describe this is SKANKY!

26. JG April 3, 2012 at 13:14 #

I just can’t get past the mesh. Everything else is okay, but the mesh is throwing me.

27. Katie April 3, 2012 at 16:10 #

I like the dress and the shoes on the model

28. Jess2 April 5, 2012 at 15:37 #

Ok, I dont love this because of the styling but I don’t loathe it because amazingly this dress does not look bad on LeAnne. Never would I have thought that Stella McCartney SS2012 and Leanne Rimes would work.