01.04.12

Taylor Swift In Maria Lucia Hohan – 2012 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

Taylor Swift was honoured yesterday at the 2012 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards with the ‘Big Help’ Award from First Lady Michelle Obama for her ongoing charitable work.

The singer accepted her award wearing a Maria Lucia Hohan ivory dress.

Her ballerina-inspired silk-satin halter bustier dress with a flowing pleated chiffon skirt was paired with gorgeous gold Nicholas Kirkwood sandals and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry.

A braided updo, coral lips and a pop of colour via her blue nails completed her look.

You can buy Taylor’s Nicholas Kirkwood sandals from Saks.com.
Credit: Getty

Michelle Obama In Wes Gordon - 2012 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

Michelle Obama In Wes Gordon – 2012 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

Jada Pinkett Smith In Catherine Malandrino - 2012 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

Jada Pinkett Smith In Catherine Malandrino – 2012 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

19 Responses to Taylor Swift In Maria Lucia Hohan – 2012 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

1. Mahima April 1, 2012 at 23:00 #

Is it just me or does the neckline look off? Like it’s ripped or something.

2. Riley April 1, 2012 at 23:17 #

Taylor has worn this type of look many times. She and her stylist need to change things up because as she grows up her look must change a bit too. I’m not saying Taylor should dress more seductive or go Gaga on us or anything, I’m just saying she can’t dress like a 23 year old ballerina doll forever.

• Angela April 1, 2012 at 23:38 #

+1 Change would be preferred for me too, but at least she looks elegant as always

3. Carys April 1, 2012 at 23:29 #

She always looks cute, but I wish she’d look fun for once

• Lynxy April 2, 2012 at 02:42 #

Agreed! Everything about Taylor seems overly controlled, like she’s worried that doing something a bit fun might ruin her ‘little miss perfect’ image.

I would have preferred to see Taylor in Kristen Stewart’s outfit. Now that would have been interesting.

4. Aline April 1, 2012 at 23:38 #

I really like the dress and makeup, but don’t really like the hairdo and the sandals.

• Alina April 2, 2012 at 09:51 #

5. Yeliz April 1, 2012 at 23:42 #

A very typical Taylor look. Love the sandals though.

6. cami April 1, 2012 at 23:55 #

She actually looked beautiful in person. I was there with my niece and we were up front so we could see everyone. I would have liked to have seen here hair down though.

Her eyeliner looked great, that was my favorite part of her look. I read that she uses The Get in Line Eyeliner stencil kit to do her own cat eyeliner. I wonder if she did it for the show?

7. Dhppy April 2, 2012 at 00:15 #

I think the dress is darling. It may be time to scale back those bangs, though. They’re about to stage a coup.

8. Jessica April 2, 2012 at 00:33 #

I think she looks great! I like the dress a lot.

9. bm April 2, 2012 at 02:17 #

Love the sandals, and congrats for her awards.

10. Rebecca Z April 2, 2012 at 02:18 #

At least there are no sequins. She looks lovely. I love her bangs.

11. bee7 April 2, 2012 at 04:04 #

the cris-cross design of the dress seems unflattering

12. Carolina April 2, 2012 at 06:21 #

I think she is really cute, but I have to say that I’m not on board with this look at all. The bodice appears to be a 1940s rubberized corset wrapped with a satin ribbon – and having had that view I cannot unsee it! Altogether, the posture and facial expression are simpering. She has done much, much better than this.

13. Oscar April 2, 2012 at 07:57 #

She doesn’t need to look like a BOMBSHELL! but, c’mon, she could try something a little bit more different.. she looks so prudish all the time. Hate the hair and shoes… and the dress is kind of… hmmm, boring.

14. ullis April 2, 2012 at 09:16 #

FC, have you seen pics of taylor at the CMAs? STUNNING! Defo BDOTW!

15. EmmaWoodhouse April 2, 2012 at 13:57 #

Although I generally love Taylor’s style, the dress didn’t work for me. The bodice is sitting too low and looks kind of like a corset. Also, I prefer her in color. The shoes are great and her hair is chic but I would be constantly brushing my bangs out of my eyes!

16. Amy April 2, 2012 at 14:29 #

yawn!
    Every time I see on the red carpet I feel like she’s wearing the same outfit in different versions : princess meet ballerina with a gold touch.
    Come on try something different even a little bit of color.