01.04.12

Miranda Cosgrove In Porter Grey – 2012 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

Miranda Cosgrove was the third star to opt for blue on the red carpet at the 2012 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards in LA on Saturday, following Kristen Stewart and Isabelle Fuhrman.

The ‘iCarly’ star opted for a Porter Grey blue sleeveless leather dress with a cut-out back.

Miranda’s shoe choices aren’t usually that great, but on this occasion I do like the black booties, as they work with the edgy nature of her leather dress.

Gold bangles, a gold Edie Parker clutch and sleek straight tresses completed her look.

You can buy Miranda’s Porter Grey leather dress from Shopbop.com.
Credit: Getty

2012 Teen Choice Awards Red Carpet Round-Up

2012 Teen Choice Awards Red Carpet Round-Up

Michelle Obama In Wes Gordon - 2012 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

Michelle Obama In Wes Gordon – 2012 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

20 Responses to Miranda Cosgrove In Porter Grey – 2012 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

1. Nat39 April 1, 2012 at 22:26 #

Pretty clutch, lovely hair and makeup. As for the booties, I think that instead of bringing out the edgyness in the dress they send the whole look straight into a tacky territory.

2. Yeliz April 1, 2012 at 22:36 #

I don’t like booties with short dresses that much so I’m not satisfied with her shoe choice but I do love the dress. The color is great and it looks good on her.

BTW FC maybe this isn’t the right post to talk about it but I just wanted to say about these ridiculous comment(s) you got today that you shouldn’t worry about it. There are always people who don’t have any respect for the viewpoint of a professional. Not everyone has to be in the same opinion. I can say that this is the best and most professional fashion blog I’ve ever visited.
    And FC you said that you will be posting the rest of the KCA looks tomorrow but I noticed that you’re doing it now. I wanted to thank you for that and for all your effort. You’re the best, seriously.

• Fashion Critic April 1, 2012 at 23:00 #

Thanks Yeliz…it still surprises me after all this time

Thanks for your support

• EmmaWoodhouse April 2, 2012 at 14:00 #

Thanks Yeliz! You are totally right–keep doing what you’re doing, FC! I totally appreciate your professional, knowledgeable, and often very witty opinions. This site is my favorite fashion site! :)

3. Emmeline April 1, 2012 at 23:29 #

I kind of love this dress, I think it’s due to the detailing on the back. I can take or leave the booties.

4. firien April 1, 2012 at 23:40 #

I realy like the booties and I thought you wouldn’t like them so I’m glad I was mistaken.

• Fashion Critic April 2, 2012 at 00:13 #

Edgy boots with pretty dresses I find jarring.

They work with this tougher look

5. Riley April 2, 2012 at 00:00 #

You are right about Miranda’s Shoe Plague. I say it’s a plague because it’s haunted her what, 80% of the time. She needs to find a new stylist, because her current one can’t get the shoes right. Miranda does have good personal style, but for some reason it doesn’t reach her feet. I am surprised Victoria Justice didn’t wear this look.

6. victoria April 2, 2012 at 00:15 #

I feel this dress was made for Kristen Stewart!! she would have totally owned this blue leather shift!

7. bm April 2, 2012 at 02:15 #

It’s a 50-50 love-hate look for me.

8. Liana April 2, 2012 at 02:38 #

I like the “feel of it”, but I’m quite disappointed about the fitting at the bust part of that dress.

I like the idea of booties with the dress, but those are some really drab ones…

9. Carla April 2, 2012 at 04:11 #

The booties are Stella McCartney, so it’s interesting that she paired them with a leather dress knowing Stella’s position on leather.

I really like the dress, just not with those shoes.

10. Felicia April 2, 2012 at 05:16 #

The overall styling is fine. But I can’t get past how horribly fitted the top half looks. Isn’t it supposed to be tight like on the model? It doesn’t do anything for her chest. I agree, her stylist needs to get the boot tbh

11. christine April 2, 2012 at 06:30 #

I wish the top of this dress fit her better and if she had to have booties, i wish she had chosen a cuter pair.

12. Alina April 2, 2012 at 09:54 #

I dislike the boots-clutch combination.

13. EmmaWoodhouse April 2, 2012 at 14:02 #

Not a fan of this look. I’m tired of leather mini dresses and I kind of feel like this is something Kristen Steward would have worn a few years ago.

14. andrea April 2, 2012 at 17:52 #

Love the dress, but would have preferred it in a spring color like lemon yellow and the booties are too heavy. A yellow dress with gold embellished sandals to match the clutch would have fared better.

15. Dhppy April 2, 2012 at 18:27 #

I like this look. The booties work with the dress. I just think it might be a bit too sexy for the Kids Choice Awards.

16. Jill April 2, 2012 at 19:39 #

I love how you refer to her leather dress as something that is true to her edgy nature. it is, I just didn’t notice that since the dress was of such a bright, full of life color.
    but I hate her accessories. it should’ve been suede burgundy pumps and a red, flat, a tad large rectangle clutch with a fringe.

17. kristel April 9, 2012 at 18:39 #

too loose dress..and is she having a bad hair day! geez..what is happening to them.