Hilary Swank was in Paris on Tuesday night to check out the Louvre’s latest exhibit, ‘‘The Saint Anne,’ Leonardo Da Vinci’s Greatest Masterpiece.’

The actress attended the event, sponsored by Salvatore Ferragamo, wearing look from the designer’s Pre-Fall 2012 collection.

Hilary’s dress has all the see major elements associated with the Fall collection, such as the loose-fitting design, intricate scallop detailing and rich colour.

The detail in the dress is undeniably gorgeous, but I’m a bit let down by Hilary’s styling.

Such a heavy black clutch competes with that fabulous eggplant belt. I’m also not sure how I feel about fishnets with such a pretty dress.

What do you think – hit or a miss?

Alexis Bledel In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Regrets’ Off-Broadway Opening Night

Alexis Bledel In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Regrets’ Off-Broadway Opening Night

Samantha Cameron's Roksanda Ilincic Beatrice Colour Block Wool Crepe dress

Samantha Cameron’s Roksanda Ilincic Beatrice Colour Block Wool Crepe dress

25 Responses to Hilary Swank In Salvatore Ferragamo – ‘‘The Saint Anne,’ Leonardo Da Vinci’s Greatest Masterpiece’ at Musee du Louvre

1. Jones19 March 29, 2012 at 11:13 #

This dress does nothing for me, there’s really nothing she could have done to make me like it.

• bm March 29, 2012 at 14:50 #

The dress itself is bad. I still doesn’t understand the shoulder’s detail.

2. Innaker March 29, 2012 at 11:16 #

total MISS imo

3. Nat March 29, 2012 at 11:19 #

Miss.
    The dress is just hanging on her. And everything else (expecially the hair) seems very shabby.

• Valeria March 29, 2012 at 14:24 #

plus one. Poor choice – way too baggy and styling lets her down

• EmmaWoodhouse March 29, 2012 at 15:34 #

Totally agree. It’s a very sloppy, unfortunate look. The fishnets were a bad choice as well.

4. Yeliz March 29, 2012 at 11:32 #

A miss. Hate the styling too. Fishnets with such a dress? A no-go. And I don’t like the hair either. A wavy up-do would’ve been preferred. The dress itself is gorgeous on the model, Hilary can’t sell it to me.

5. Joy March 29, 2012 at 12:20 #

I think it might be the hair that is ruining this look for her. I love the dress, but I think it is lacking the polishing that this dress, belt and stockings require. Blame it all on the hair. Too bad because I think this could be great.

• Jennifer H-K March 29, 2012 at 16:00 #

I agree with you Joy, the hair is frumpy.Half up/Half down would have looked sweeter.The colour is nice on her.

• Nat39 March 29, 2012 at 19:22 #

I also think that in this case it’s the messy loose hair more than anything else that is ruining the look.

6. piksi March 29, 2012 at 12:24 #

i love the fishnets. they don’t go with much and you have to have an incredible pair of legs to pull them off but they look really nice in this case. only problem is the clutch that feels really old and heavy. a gold minaudiere would have improved this look sooo much!

7. Molly March 29, 2012 at 12:56 #

She “styled” it exactly as in the model shot, with the exception of omitting the necklace (an improvement, I think, as It gives more attention to that neckline) and her hair, which most definitely let’s her down here. A pretty look, awful hair, overall nothing special.

8. Alina March 29, 2012 at 13:40 #

This is a disaster.

9. Emmeline March 29, 2012 at 14:33 #

Absolutely a miss.

The dress is unflattering, the fishnets unnecessary, and her hair looks horrible.

10. Christy March 29, 2012 at 14:47 #

Looks like aside from swapping out the eggplant clutch and belt for black she styled it the exact same way as the model’s look. I wonder if the fishnets were supposed to add a bit of edge to the look?

I do like the dress on her its a bold color and the silhouette is completely feminine. Its not the best look but I don’t think its a disaster.

11. dee March 29, 2012 at 15:27 #

I think it’s the hair I don’t like. Maybe if she wore her hair slicked back in a ponytail.

12. CreoleLady March 29, 2012 at 16:28 #

I like everything bur the hair and makeup. Like, not love. The long sleeves plus the (admittedly beautiful) color remind me of cranberries and merlot. I’m in the mood for spring, not a harvest festival.

13. Christine March 29, 2012 at 16:41 #

The accessories is off putting. I like the dress better on the model.

14. sonia March 29, 2012 at 20:13 #

it’s a nice dress but it’s not for her! totally miss!

15. Sharon March 29, 2012 at 22:35 #

I’m not crazy about the dress, but Hilary’s styling is almost exactly the same as the runway, including the fishnets. This is a lovely color on her, but the dress is just too busy for me.

16. pipsqueak March 30, 2012 at 05:51 #

It’s a miss. This is not a great dress but I like the color a lot. The look could’ve worked if Hilary had lost the fishnets and pulled up her hair into a ponytail or bun. I think the fishnets would work on Sofia Coppola, if she wore this dress and paired the fishnets up with black flats. Her languid, gamine body and elegance would make this overdesigned dress work.

17. kiwi March 30, 2012 at 15:56 #

Miss.. love the colour though

18. D March 30, 2012 at 19:38 #

NOOOOO!! bad fit. and the hair is really aweful.

19. Shaina March 31, 2012 at 00:45 #

The dress is very pretty but the stlying is a miss. The hair also really lets her down.

20. Parvati March 31, 2012 at 11:58 #

The dress itself is great, but I don’t like the accessories she chose here.