29.03.12

Alexis Bledel In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Regrets’ Off-Broadway Opening Night

Completely calm and composed, Alexis Bledel attended the opening-night celebration of her off-Broadway debut in ‘Regrets,’ which premiered in New York City last night.

The stunning young actress chose a shimmery Alberta Ferretti dress for her big night.

While ‘Regrets’ may take place in the ‘50s, Alexis was clearly inspired by the style of the ‘20s, with this drop-waist sequined look so heavily favoured by flappers of the time.

Alexis accessorized the look with a pair of Jean Michel Cazabat ‘Ozara’ black-and-silver sandals.

Bright red lippie is the perfect finishing touch.

Credit: Getty

Who Wore Carolina Herrera Better? Manuela Velasco or Olivia Wilde

Who Wore Carolina Herrera Better? Manuela Velasco or Olivia Wilde

Hilary Swank In Salvatore Ferragamo –  ‘‘The Saint Anne,’ Leonardo Da Vinci’s Greatest Masterpiece’ at Musee du Louvre

Hilary Swank In Salvatore Ferragamo – ‘‘The Saint Anne,’ Leonardo Da Vinci’s Greatest Masterpiece’ at Musee du Louvre

26 Responses to Alexis Bledel In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Regrets’ Off-Broadway Opening Night

1. Yeliz March 29, 2012 at 10:50 #

I don’t like the hair very much but she still looks beautiful.

2. gurlygurl March 29, 2012 at 10:58 #

She is so strikingly beautiful it’s hard to get past those eyes and that face. I’m not mad about this dress but I think it works on her because it’s delicate and pretty like she is. I actually love the silver on her and that she’s added that vibrant red on her lips and nails. Pretty as a picture.

• Christine March 29, 2012 at 16:42 #

I agree on all points. She gorgeous!

• mm March 30, 2012 at 17:49 #

I agree, it is hard to get past those eyes

3. CreoleLady March 29, 2012 at 10:58 #

Although I sometimes wish she would wear stronger colors and more youthful/shorter looks, this pale shimmery dress simply becomes an ever so appropriate backdrop when I look into her eyes. Mesmerizing. My goodness, her eyes need to be surrounded by armed guards, they are so jewel-like.

4. Innaker March 29, 2012 at 10:59 #

The make up is so OFF. This foundation is way too bright for her skin tone.
    Great dress, bad shoes choice.

• Valeria March 29, 2012 at 14:26 #

agree. Seems foundation is too thick, it makes her face flat

5. wilwarin March 29, 2012 at 11:00 #

i love the dress it’s divine but those shoes: i like the shape but colour is so wron, it’s kind of too strong for this dress… everything else i love…

6. Jones19 March 29, 2012 at 11:16 #

She still looks about 14 years old,…anyway very pretty dress.

7. Nat March 29, 2012 at 11:23 #

Maybe I’m biased beacuse I kinda have a soft spot for her, but may I propose this as a BDOTW contender?
    I really love this look. The dress is lovely: ethereal and with exquisite details, as one expects from Alberta Ferretti, and it’s perfect against her complexion and really makes her eyes pop.
    Plus, the makeup is flawless.

• Alina March 29, 2012 at 13:38 #

Her eyes are STUNNING !

8. rita March 29, 2012 at 11:24 #

She has the most gorgeous blue eyes I have ever seen in my life!

• Barbs April 2, 2012 at 00:04 #

True! Never saw eyes like this in all my life!

9. Lynxy March 29, 2012 at 12:02 #

I’m less than impressed! I get the 20s look, but to me the shape of the dress, along with its length make her look so boxy. The strap on the heels only serves to make this ensemble less flattering, and the hair is awful!

Pretty girl, terrible outfit. A bit shorter, better shoes, and it could have been magical.

10. Joy March 29, 2012 at 12:23 #

I SO love her! She always looks so beautiful. And she always looks like herself, if that makes any sense. I generally dislike red lippies, but the smudging or matte finish of hers is absolutely lovely.

11. manja March 29, 2012 at 12:50 #

Her eyes are just out of this world,and I like this look,but her foundation is too pale,ghost like.Even so it’s a beautiful look on beautiful girl

12. msd March 29, 2012 at 13:20 #

She’s beautiful but the makeup is far too harsh. It looks as though she still has her stage makeup on? The dress is nice but we’ve seen so many of these sparkly flapper dresses lately that they don’t have much impact anymore.

13. Jess2 March 29, 2012 at 13:20 #

I don’t know of anyone else who has such beautiful eyes, they are just mesmerising!! She looks beautiful but it doesn’t wow me.

14. bm March 29, 2012 at 14:56 #

She’s gorgeous. Stunning. Hope she’ll find a project in movies soon.

15. dee March 29, 2012 at 15:29 #

Her eyes are exquisite. She looks pretty.

16. EmmaWoodhouse March 29, 2012 at 15:34 #

Not really a fan of the 20s shape, so this look doesn’t work to me. Her hair could be better too. Just OK.

17. Jennifer H-K March 29, 2012 at 16:03 #

I think she looks amazing mainly because she is 31 and still looks like a teenager.Great genes!!

18. Nat39 March 29, 2012 at 19:43 #

The dress really suits her delicate beauty but the shape is a bit too hip-widening for my liking, not the best shoe choice and hair unfortunately, would’ve preferred simple silver delicate sandals and soft wavey ‘do perhaps.

19. andrea March 29, 2012 at 21:02 #

What a gorgeous dress!

20. Sharon March 29, 2012 at 22:46 #

I love her and I love the dress, but the two together – not so much. Maybe in person and under the lights where the dress can shine more, but in these pictures it just looks lackluster on her. With those gorgeous blue eyes, color works so much better.

21. Shaina March 31, 2012 at 00:47 #

The dress, I like, but this look is still boring. Hate the hair. But those eyes…they are her best accessory. The woman is gorgeous.