28.03.12

Valentino Rodeo Drive Boutique Opening

It was a very busy red carpet last night at the new Valentino Rodeo Drive boutique as celebs gathered to celebrate the flagship opening.

Ciara: I just can’t get past that hair. I mean really?

Teresa Palmer: The Australian actress opted for a sexy red leather Valentino strapless dress with a rose detail on the waist. Nude accessories including a Valentino bow clutch completed her look.

Isabelle Fuhrman: The ‘Hunger Games’ actress donned a delicate white mini dress with flutter sleeves. With her braided hair swept to one side she completed the look with a blue patent Valentino studded clutch, Valentino slingbacks and Blue Nile jewels.

Rose McGowan: The actress, who has barely had a night in in recent weeks, oozed sexy wearing a Valentino red one-shoulder dress. I love the rosette detail on the shoulder. Nude accessories and a red lip colour provided the finishing touches.

Cat Deeley: The British TV presenter opted for a navy lace jumpsuit. Even though she looks as gorgeous as always, I find myself immediately drawn to her gold sandals. A cross-body bag on the red carpet is my kryptonite, but her Mulberry bag is a cute addition to her look.

Ellie Kemper: The red-haired actress also opted for Valentino red. Her short-sleeve dress was more conservative with a ruffle detail cascading from the hip. Navy pumps and a gold Kotur clutch completed her look.

Isabelle is my favourite here, followed by Rose.

Credit: Getty

Lizzy Caplan In Roksanda - 'Masters Of Sex' Season 2 Summer TCA Press Tour Event

Lizzy Caplan In Roksanda – ‘Masters Of Sex’ Season 2 Summer TCA Press Tour Event

Rihanna In Maison Martin Margiela - Waterloo Station

Rihanna In Maison Martin Margiela – Waterloo Station

30 Responses to Valentino Rodeo Drive Boutique Opening

1. Kaz March 28, 2012 at 10:05 #

I think Rose looks great and perhaps worthy of a BDOTW nom!

Ciara – what was she thinking? Yikes.

• Jones19 March 28, 2012 at 14:35 #

Agreed. Rose looks amazing. Ciara’s hair is an abomination.

2. Nat March 28, 2012 at 10:12 #

Overall (and Ciara aside), a classy and quite well-dressed red carpet. Which is what I always expect from Valentino looks. :-)
    My favourite is also Isabelle Fuhrman.

3. ange March 28, 2012 at 10:17 #

I love ombre hair normally but Ciara just looks skanky. Agree with you about Cat – she always looks beautiful but bag is distracting.

4. manja March 28, 2012 at 12:11 #

2nd row I like,the 1st one no

5. Alina March 28, 2012 at 12:36 #

1. Rose McGowan
    2. Ellie Kemper
    3. Cat Deeley
    4. Isabelle Fuhrman
    5.Teresa Palmer

100. Ciara

6. dee March 28, 2012 at 13:36 #

This is all boring to me.

7. EmmaWoodhouse March 28, 2012 at 14:18 #

Ciara–unspeakably awful. Remember when Drew Barrymore had black tips on her hair? This is like that. Backwards.
    Teresa: Not a fan. It’s rather an ugly dress, imo, particurlary the way it’s hanging.
    Isabelle Fuhrman: Gorgeous! Love it. I’m really a fan of her style from the few looks we’ve seen.
    Rose: too short and tight, so I don’t like it, but the color is nice.
    Cat: As I really dislike jumpsuits I’m not sold. Would’ve have preferred a dress.
    Ellie: Sweet and chic.

8. justme March 28, 2012 at 14:19 #

Isabelle is also my favourite here, I love that bag.

9. Yeliz March 28, 2012 at 14:41 #

My favourite is Teresa Palmer, followed by Rose McGowan.

10. Jess2 March 28, 2012 at 15:02 #

Rose looks amazing!! BDOTW for sure! I very much like Isabelle as well! I think Ciara’s hair is the worst attempt at ombre I have seen, horrible!

11. JG March 28, 2012 at 15:14 #

Isabelle Fuhrman. At 15 she is definitely one to watch.

12. Christine March 28, 2012 at 17:37 #

Is Rose McGowan the new Camilla Belle? She’s been hitting the red carpet hard lately without nothing to really promote? Lol just asking :)

Guess that’s Hwood.

I like Isabelle Fuhrman and Ellie the best. I feel that dress is out of place on Ciara

13. Nat39 March 28, 2012 at 19:07 #

Isabelle for me as well, adorable, suits her age. Like her choice of the blue clutch with this simple white look, it’s not too bright to pop too much and simply adds a nice touch of colour, well done.

14. Jill March 28, 2012 at 19:26 #

you are not going to believe this but I actually think Ciara’s hair work. at least in that particular picture. it just works. looks unusual but fresh and not trashy as such hair tends to.
    Rose McGowan needs more eye makeup, while Cat Deeley looks plain ugly – that jumpsuit does nothing for her body, the shoes look cheap and tacky, the cross body purse cheapens her look even further.

15. Errun March 28, 2012 at 20:33 #

All these dresses are so boring..blah!!

16. chantal March 28, 2012 at 21:00 #

rose BDOTW for sure. exquisite and so valentino!

17. DeeDeeRockefellerLaFontaine March 28, 2012 at 21:03 #

love isabelle’s look, but i am over this hair. it’s alexander wangs runway hair from 5 seasons ago, and it’s been done to death! someone needs to put a stop to it. and this dress looks familiar, no? didn’t someone else already wear this on the red carpet??
    rose and alice eve were the best for me… (where is alice’s pic??)

18. Aline March 28, 2012 at 22:17 #

Isabelle definitely is my favorite, her look is very cute and age appropriate.

I would’ve liked Teresa’s look too had the fitting been better.

19. C March 28, 2012 at 23:14 #

I think Cat Deeley’s wearing a Whistles jumpsuit.

Isabelle Fuhrman has looked good for every red carpet appearance. She’s one to keep an eye on!

20. bm March 29, 2012 at 02:43 #

Isabelle also my fav. Makes me wanna try the braided side hair style.

21. TeaAtTwo March 29, 2012 at 03:07 #

Isabelle’s angelic look with the fun braid and Teresa cute dress with the rosette detail were my favourites here.

22. Emi March 29, 2012 at 06:36 #

My favorite is Ellie Kemper, so chic.

23. stylistliz March 29, 2012 at 15:26 #

I’m not sure who’s worse, Ciara or Cat Deely. FC– However I am surprised that I didn’t see Kim Kardashian posted only because I thought she attended this opening. Does anyone else thought this??

• Fashion Critic March 29, 2012 at 16:12 #

nope…readers have banned me from writing about her LOL

• StylistLiz April 2, 2012 at 23:56 #

lol that is funny…I remember when that war started! I just assume maybe once in a while when she looks decent! I’m sure I too was riding on that bandwagon of banning Kim K! :)

24. Nina March 30, 2012 at 02:34 #

Oh Tereza just another ugly dress.

At least the fit needed to be adjusted to her size (it´s a bit big/long for her) and I think it would be better w stiletto.

The hair and make up are ok.

Tez you’re cute but is time to change your stylist!

25. Sharon March 30, 2012 at 02:39 #

I think Rose looks lovely. I really like her dress, but it looks familiar to me. Have we seen it somewhere else or on someone else? I’m having deja vu with the shoulder rose especially.

• janet March 31, 2012 at 21:59 #

sharon, kristen wiig wore the jumpsuit version and j lo is photographed in the same jumpsuit in this month’s vogue. i think the dress is lovely!! rose killed it!

• StylistLiz April 3, 2012 at 00:00 #

She does look like a broken record player playing at every event. I got a chance to meet her in person and she is gorgeous, even plain jane style. I would like to see her mature into something that she is, maybe playing around Victoria Beckman or Antonio Bernadi. And away from simple pumps.