Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Cate Blanchett or Yoona

Cate Blanchett helped Louis Vuitton open a new boutique in Sydney, Australia, back in December last year.

Donning a white embroidered dress from the Spring 2012 collection, the actress added white LV ‘Merry Go Round’ pumps and glossy pink lips.

Yoona of Girls Generation wore the same dress last week.

The singer/actress kept accessories to a minimum by only adding nude pumps to her look.

Yoona wins for me.

I didn’t like the dress on Cate at the time as I felt it washed her out and did nothing for her. My opinion hasn’t changed.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jennifer Lawrence In Victoria, Victoria Beckham - 'The Hunger Games' Fan Event

Jennifer Lawrence In Victoria, Victoria Beckham – ‘The Hunger Games’ Fan Event

Felicity Jones' Proenza Schouler Silk Dress

Felicity Jones’ Proenza Schouler Silk Dress

12 Responses to Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Cate Blanchett or Yoona

1. Jess2 March 27, 2012 at 09:31 #

Yoona wins for me, the dress is much more suited to her age. I do like the bottom of Kate’s dress with the pleats at the side though.

2. CreoleLady March 27, 2012 at 09:36 #

I’m torn. On the one hand, Yoona’s coloring keeps the look from being a washout. I thought I liked the fit better on Yoona just based on my memory. But now that I see the modifications side by side with the original and Cate, I prefer the fit on Cate. Lordy, look at what was done to the hem of the dress.

3. bec March 27, 2012 at 09:54 #

God I hate the top of this dress…it looks unfinished and messy..would be so much lovelier if it was a V-neck

4. Trin March 27, 2012 at 14:29 #

Cate, of course.

5. Alina March 27, 2012 at 15:54 #

Yoona.

6. 麗林 March 27, 2012 at 16:32 #

Yoona because the dress fit better and the hemline doesn’t look as weird as on Cate

7. EmmaWoodhouse March 27, 2012 at 19:20 #

I wish that the neckline wasn’t filled in with that awkward sheer piece. Yoona looks sweet but I voted for Cate because she’s Cate :) The dress looked better on both than it did on the runway.

8. Sharon March 28, 2012 at 01:59 #

Even though it does wash her out a bit, Cate still gets my vote. The dress looks so messy and ill-fitting on Yoona. I hate the alterations that were made to her dress. Cate wears it so beautifully and allows all the pretty details to show.

9. Jcky March 28, 2012 at 14:32 #

AGE is a problem here ! this dress is cute ( even though a bit messy )…

10. Dhppy March 29, 2012 at 19:49 #

Interesting. Yoona chose to shorten the length of the dress by bringing up the waist and exposing the underlay at the bottom. It gives a youthful look. Cate stuck with the original design. It’s interesting to see how one dress can look suitable for girls in one instance and women in the other (of course their poses underscore this). I prefer a womanly look at all times, so Cate for me.

11. Ellieloveskpop July 27, 2012 at 10:22 #

Yoona wins because it looks way better on her and I love Girls’ Generation<3 all sones vote!

12. Crhimsdeley May 16, 2014 at 05:07 #

Asia Goddess Yoona of course.