Lana Del Rey In Giorgio Armani – 2012 Echo Awards

Lana Del Rey joined Katy Perry on the red carpet at the 2012 Echo Awards in Berlin, Germany, last night where she also performed her new song ‘Video Games’.

The singer wore a Giorgio Armani Spring 2012 strapless ice-blue gown with a gathered detail at the waist which drapes into a silver-lined layer.

A Versace blue pendant necklace was teamed with large gold hoop earrings, a statement ring, glitter ballet flats and her mobile phone to accessorise her look.

Her beauty regime was kept to neutral colours and her hair was teased into a half-up, half-down style.

I’ve tried, but I just can’t get it up for this girl. I’m never excited about anything she wears on the red carpet.

As nice as this dress is, I prefer the shorter length on the runway. Had Lana worn heels, the length of her dress wouldn’t have been so bothersome.

She’s still in the early days, so hopefully she will give me something to wow about in the future, but I’m not holding my breath.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Elizabeth Banks In Andrew Gn - Restoration Hardware Spring 2012

Elizabeth Banks In Andrew Gn – Restoration Hardware Spring 2012

Yoona In Louis Vuitton - 'Love Rain' Press Conference

Yoona In Louis Vuitton – ‘Love Rain’ Press Conference

34 Responses to Lana Del Rey In Giorgio Armani – 2012 Echo Awards

1. Alina March 23, 2012 at 13:34 #

God, I love the entire look on the model! It’s breathtaking.

Lana looks sloppy.

• mm March 23, 2012 at 13:49 #

That is exactly how i feel. She cant in any way top the model.

2. Henrique March 23, 2012 at 13:40 #

She’s beautiful. And boring.

The necklace is desnecessary and… flats? Really?

3. couturecoco March 23, 2012 at 13:40 #

Oh dear, I’ve no idea who she is but she just destroyed that beautiful dress!

• manja March 23, 2012 at 14:05 #

4. bm March 23, 2012 at 13:55 #

The dress looks like a robe for me. But, the model really can pull off this look gracefully.
    Btw, recently, i’m obsessed by her song.

5. Carolina Roq March 23, 2012 at 13:57 #

I love her, but she is making very difficult to like her fashion choices.

6. Emi March 23, 2012 at 14:02 #

First of all I think she’s beautiful and sexy, so she could easily work such a gorgeous dress, but… what she was thinking when she decide to wear ballet shoes, which look like slippers to wear at home… and that necklace is totally wrong with the dress. What a pity, she could look great.

7. bee7 March 23, 2012 at 14:11 #

ballet flats on the red carpet? what was she thinking?

8. TeaAtTwo March 23, 2012 at 14:30 #

If she’d worn it exactly like the runway look she would be BDOTW worthy.

9. JG March 23, 2012 at 14:41 #

She just has absolutely no presence. She always looks so aloof and that she can’t be bothered.

10. Mick March 23, 2012 at 14:41 #

Way to kill a beautiful dress with an awful styling! The flats and the jewellery are so pointless! I am obsessed with some of her songs too (although the live performances are a mess), but she needs to hire a stylist asap (or fire her current one!) because her RC and street style are both dreadful. Still can’t believe Mulberry named a bag after her…

11. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) March 23, 2012 at 14:44 #

Magnificent on the model. She took all the joy and beauty out of it.

• Rebecca Z March 23, 2012 at 16:08 #

Totally–way to kill a fabulous dress

• Koma March 24, 2012 at 11:24 #

12. Cátia Santos Reis March 23, 2012 at 15:00 #

It looks like she’s wearing a knockoff of the actual dress!

13. Melrose March 23, 2012 at 16:21 #

She definitely won’t be a fashion powerhouse at all.

Why? Because she wears SNEAKERS/trainers while performing and on the red carpet! Big no-no

14. Yeliz March 23, 2012 at 16:40 #

I really like her and I’m in love with her songs but I can’t say the same thing regarding her fashion choices. This is a breathtaking dress but on Lana it just looks like unfinished fabric. And on her insistence of wearing flats on the red carpet.. is she afraid of falling down when she wears heels or what?

15. MG March 23, 2012 at 19:01 #

imagine her with high heels, updo and no necklace… it couldve been a great look cuz its a beautiful dress

16. Angela March 23, 2012 at 19:24 #

I love the dress, but her styling is for llama spit. This is a gorgeous, elegant dress. It didn’t deserve the extra inches, nor that hideous necklace that looks like it came from American Eagle Outfitters. And really, neutral flats? Really? I also would’ve preferred an updo.

17. Annel March 23, 2012 at 19:41 #

Stunning dress! But Lana looks like she’s just waiting to get it all over with.. Not really present. And ballet flats? For a robe like that? But to her defense I believe it makes quite a difference to the look that the model is in motion and she’s not.

18. MReid March 23, 2012 at 20:27 #

“I’ve tried, but I just can’t get it up for this girl.”

LOL! Me neither.

• 2c March 24, 2012 at 18:12 #

looool this cracked me up also, I had to check the comments to see if anyone else noticed?! :p

• Niki March 25, 2012 at 05:25 #

Hehe

19. Nat39 March 23, 2012 at 23:27 #

Agree with everyone, she KILLED the gown with her styling, and does not have any presence whatsoever to pull it off. Someone should give her a call on that mobile.

20. Tina March 24, 2012 at 19:37 #

Sigh…she really does not have the stage presence to pull such a beautiful gown.

21. EmmaWoodhouse March 24, 2012 at 23:06 #

On Cate Blanchett or Tilda Swinton, the dress could have worked, as they both have the edgy yet elegant presence needed to pull it off. On Lana it’s just a sad sack.

22. sugar March 25, 2012 at 00:16 #

is she not getting this gown altered or what. Why does it fall below her ankle?

23. Caitlin March 25, 2012 at 02:46 #

I adore Lana, but here’s the thing: she’s got her trailer park Queen/modern day Nancy Sinatra persona down pat. She can smoulder better than Veronica Lake in any photoshoot.

But she can’t do red carpet style. Maybe it’s because she’s so good at all the nostalgic posing, she can’t figure out how to keep it up when she’s simply standing there with people snapping photos of her.

How do you translate her “look” onto the red carpet? I think her stylist should be asking themselves that question.

24. tiffany nicole March 25, 2012 at 03:01 #

shorter length and she would have knocked this out of the park. The necklace is genius.

25. Niki March 25, 2012 at 05:24 #

Much better on the runway. As you said FC, the length was far better and how it tapers in towards the hemline was lovely. I like music, but there is always something not-quite right with her red carpet looks, plus she always looks either bored ore miserable. And people complain about Kristen Stewart on the red carpet…

26. Jones19 March 25, 2012 at 19:08 #

Ewww I hope they never let her wear Armani again.

27. Sandy June 26, 2012 at 03:41 #

“I’ve tried, but I just can’t get it up for this girl.” HILARIOUS!

That dress is divine, but not on her.