Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron made a guest appearance on ‘Today’ to promote their new movie, ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’.

Charlize donned yet another all-black look, this time wearing a Christian Dior black sleeveless turtleneck dress.

She teamed her dress with black strappy wedges and Anita Ko 18k rose gold spike stud earrings.

Kristen sported a casual yet edgy ensemble which is the type of look I have been longing for her to wear for a long time.

She wore a Diesel abstract-print shirt with Helmut Lang leather and jersey skinny pants which she topped off with a black Rebecca Minkoff ‘Becky’ jacket which features a draped collar and an asymmetric hem.

She finished off her look with a half-up, half-down hairstyle.

There was a point when I was looking forward to this promotional tour, but thanks to Elizabeth Banks and Jennifer Lawrence, my expectations are very high.

On current form, I’m not sure Charlize will meet those expectations.

Let’s hope she’s saving the wow moments for the red carpet.

Credit: Style.com & Peter Kramer/NBC/NBC NewsWire via Getty

Michelle Williams In BCBG Max Azria - BET’s Celebration of Gospel

Michelle Williams In BCBG Max Azria – BET’s Celebration of Gospel

Thandie Newton - OK! Magazine Nigeria Launch Party

Thandie Newton – OK! Magazine Nigeria Launch Party

32 Responses to Charlize Theron In Christian Dior & Kristen Stewart In Diesel – The ‘Today’ Show

1. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) March 20, 2012 at 13:18 #

Well the dress is certainly more interesting standing. Kristen’s looking a bit goth for Matt and a morning audience. No great shakes.

2. CTgirl March 20, 2012 at 13:22 #

I really like KS’s outfit. The shirt, jacket, pants, and shoes are individually, and together, great. Not loving the hair (the extensions are still looking pretty ragged) or the serious eye makeup for a morning show.

3. Alina March 20, 2012 at 13:24 #

IMO, both looks seem a little too dark for a morning TV show.

• AW March 20, 2012 at 13:32 #

I totally agree.

4. T from Sydney March 20, 2012 at 13:26 #

Both look amazing
    I am loving KStews leather pants.

FC this movie comes out in June.

• Fashion Critic March 20, 2012 at 13:37 #

good news…plenty of time for her to regain her sparkle

• Anton March 20, 2012 at 15:28 #

I think what we should really look forward to is the premieres of the Jennifer Lopez / Cameron Diaz movie. :-)

• Fashion Critic March 20, 2012 at 15:30 #

that will be epic

5. dee March 20, 2012 at 13:28 #

On this occasion I actually like Kristen’s outfit better then Charlize. Maybe Charlize wanted to tone it down for the TV interview.

6. Christine March 20, 2012 at 13:43 #

I like Kirsten’s look. I hope she bring it on this promotional tour!

That diesel shirt is the business.

7. Shaina March 20, 2012 at 15:24 #

Kristen looks great, I hope she keeps it up!

8. ellie. March 20, 2012 at 16:08 #

I’m praying for kristen to get some versace and christopher kane numbers- maybe even one of those jil sander dresses from the autumn/winter collections and just get her stylist to do something with her hair… How hard is it to just straighten it? Look at the candids from her vanity fair shoot in paris, they did stuff with her hair and it changed her whole look. The hair always makes her look messy.

9. Beta March 20, 2012 at 16:10 #

Charlize’s looks gives me a basic-instinct-in-black vibe

10. Ro March 20, 2012 at 16:41 #

They both play off of each other very well, I can’t wait for the promo tour to start!

11. Yeliz March 20, 2012 at 19:01 #

Charlize looks boring, I really hope she will show us some more interesting looks on this promotional tour because I know that she can do it.
    I love Kristen’s whole outfit. Although I agree that it’s a little bit dark and the make-up a little bit too much for a morning show, it’s something that stays true to her own style and at the same time something cool and modern.

12. jane March 20, 2012 at 19:02 #

Kristen looks great and the look really fits her personal aesthetic. Charlize looks boring and uncomfortable; she’s actually overshadowed by Kristen and never in my life would I think I would admit to this. It’s a sad day.

• Fashion Critic March 20, 2012 at 19:50 #

I agree, she was overshadowed by Kristen.

The balance was off, but I couldn’t figure out what was bothering me, but you hit the nail on the head.

• ellie. March 20, 2012 at 20:29 #

Kristen has the ability to outshine Charlize, which I hate to say she should be, she is the fairest of them all after all. Lets just hope her stylist isn’t too scissor happy and goes back to the New moon press tour fashion stage.

• Rahel March 22, 2012 at 18:49 #

Is that a joke? I do like Kristen’s outfit but she doesn’t overshadow Charlize. Kristen can’t overshadow anyone because she doesn’t have the ability to shine.

• jessie November 18, 2012 at 02:52 #

This comment is just screaming bitter.

• manja March 21, 2012 at 14:18 #

+1 here

13. Kennedy March 20, 2012 at 19:33 #

Wow, I think Charlize looks incredible. I really really like this dress. There are pics of her coming out of her hotel in this dress and with her sunglasses on and she looks like a genetic mutation… it’s insane how perfect looking she is. I like her style- she doesn’t have to try hard and she always looks stunning.

J.LO on the other hand…

14. Bec March 20, 2012 at 21:37 #

its a big year for promo tours – I’m excited! Hunger Games, Snow White and the Huntsman, The Avengers (hopefully Scarlett Johansson and Cobie Smulders bring it) and The Dark Knight (Anne Hathaway and Marion Collliard – EPIC!)

• Fashion Critic March 20, 2012 at 21:51 #

I’m drooling at all those prospects

15. ashley March 20, 2012 at 22:40 #

i love the way they both look. it might be a tad too dark for a morning show but i think it kind of fits because the movie seems very gloomy. i’m in love with kristen’s outfit!

16. Kay March 21, 2012 at 03:09 #

Not loving Kristen’s Balenciaga oxfords, wish she’d worn heels. But I’m sure Ruth picks her battles on that front and a comfortable Kristen is a happy Kristen so nbd. Love the edgy clothes with the feminine half-up do. Don’t love her makeup, Beau Nelson did it I think. Much prefer Jillian Dempsey’s softer hand, would have been better for a morning show. All said she had the more compelling look. Advantage: Kristen. Which is great because I’m tired of seeing people complain she was miscast as Snow White, the comparisons to Charlize shallow and getting old.

17. pipsqueak March 21, 2012 at 03:12 #

Stylist, can we see Kristen with nude makeup just once? I’m so tired of the dark eyes + greasy hair combo. Are you unaware of the “she needs a shower” comments everywhere online? Charlize seems a bit “distracted” fashion-wise. I don’t like her long, lackluster hair. She, Maria Bellow and Abby Cornish look like sisters now. Well, maybe she’s had enough wow moments on the red carpet. It’s not her focus anymore. Elizabeth Banks is totally a C-list. She needs to seize the rare opportunities to look good. Whatevah…

18. Gaber March 21, 2012 at 16:29 #

Kirsten’s look is an absolute dream! She just completely sells it.

19. Amy March 21, 2012 at 22:35 #

Charlize look is a little bit boring but Kristen nailed it.About the promo tour I’m sure they won’t disappoint.

20. Maha March 22, 2012 at 10:36 #

I really like Kristen’s look and makeup but it’s too much for a morning show.

21. EmmaWoodhouse March 22, 2012 at 14:37 #

Kristen looks great, Charlize looks boring. I preferred the look on the model–does Charlize even have the embellished skirt?

22. Jones19 March 25, 2012 at 20:31 #

Wow Kristen looks better than ever. Can’t believe she’s outshining Charlize.