Sonam Kapoor In Prabal Gurung – Maxim’s 6th Anniversary Party

Sonam Kapoor attended Maxim’s 6th Anniversary party in India last week.

The stylish beauty wore a Prabal Gurung dress from the Spring 2011 collection.

I’m glad she went back a few seasons to select this dress, as it deserved a red carpet moment.

The black cold-shoulder dress with black, white and grey embellished details also has feather accents on the base of the skirt.

I love the purple sparkling clutch, but I’m not so crazy about the taupe pumps.

A beehive ponytail, smoky eyes and a coral lip colour completed her look.

Credit: Style.com

Rose McGowan In Donna Karan - Orange Filmball

Rose McGowan In Donna Karan – Orange Filmball

Heidi Klum's J Brand 901 Super Skinny Jeans

Heidi Klum’s J Brand 901 Super Skinny Jeans

18 Responses to Sonam Kapoor In Prabal Gurung – Maxim’s 6th Anniversary Party

1. AW March 19, 2012 at 17:14 #

The shoes I will choose to ignore.

This girl is perfect! She looks like a wax figure (in a good way, not the scary Joan Rivers way).

This is anything but a boring LBD and she’s tall enough to carry off the awkward length.

2. GiGi March 19, 2012 at 17:18 #

What made her think taupe pumps would look good? Black is so much better on the model. And as for the dress – those feathers are just one element too many. Just “okay”.

• Alina March 19, 2012 at 17:29 #

ITA.

3. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) March 19, 2012 at 17:21 #

I love it! Its hard to tell if the runway version had the ostrich feathers. It looked a little cleaner which I prefer. Otherwise, still pretty perfect. Love the accessories, hair and makeup too.

4. Penè March 19, 2012 at 17:31 #

She is quickly becoming the queen of style

5. fromchi-town March 19, 2012 at 18:11 #

This is a very strong look. The only complaint being the shoes – very unimaginative!

6. A. March 19, 2012 at 18:17 #

she’s so pretty. i have to admit, dislike the shoes. having said that, id like to nominate her for the BDOTW

7. dee March 19, 2012 at 19:18 #

The shoes ruin this.

8. Rebecca Z March 19, 2012 at 19:54 #

I find the feathers troublesome, and the shoes are unfortunate, but above all that she is spectacular. I even like the length–she has the height and proportions to pull it off.

9. EmmaWoodhouse March 19, 2012 at 19:59 #

I’m impressed! I wasn’t a fan of the dress on the runway but Sonam brings it to life. She manages to look statuesque despite the tricky length and really pulls off the busy silhouette quite nicely. I don’t really like the ostrich feathers (and the shoes are TERRIBLY BORING!) but all in all it’s a chic look.

10. ash March 20, 2012 at 00:13 #

i think she’s stepped up her style even more post the fashion shows she attended but yes FC the shoes do damage the look..her tall figure does helpher pull off the dress better…(approved – the shoes)

11. Sharon March 20, 2012 at 00:16 #

She looks so beautiful that I don’t even care about the shoes.

12. TeaAtTwo March 20, 2012 at 00:44 #

Glad to see someone not obsessed with wearing fall 2012 now. She’s selling the way more than the model. I think the grey embellishment prevent the taupe shoes from being too bad a choice.

13. Supra March 20, 2012 at 04:22 #

double thumbs up. first thumbs up to sonam kapoor for carrying the look off with elan, second thumbs up to prabal gurung, for making such a beautiful outfit.

14. Lalitha March 20, 2012 at 08:01 #

Not feeling the dress although Sonam pulls it off. Very surprised she chose these pumps for this outfit.

15. manja March 20, 2012 at 08:39 #

wld’ve been even better without thoses things on her shoulders,and diff shoes.like her hair.

16. Shaina March 20, 2012 at 15:35 #

This would have been BDOTW worthy for me if it weren’t for the poor shoe choice. I almost wish I didn’t notice.

17. Zina March 27, 2012 at 01:45 #

Honestly, I love the shoes…just not with this dress. the shoes age her. Most of the times she looks more like a woman in her 30s than like the girl in her 20s that she is.

Also, her concealer was a tad bit too strong for me.