Jennifer Lawrence In Marchesa – ‘The Hunger Games’ Berlin Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence joined her co-star Elizabeth Banks on the red carpet for ‘The Hunger Games’ Berlin premiere in German this evening.

The actress wore a Marchesa Fall 2012 dress.

I preferred this red lace, detailed dress on the model.

I don’t know if it’s the dress itself, the return of that familiar hairstyle or the fact that she didn’t build on the momentum of the Tom Ford stunning look, but this just gets an OK from me.

I’m far from being blown away, although I don’t dislike it.

A gold Ferragamo box clutch and Giuseppe Zanotti vibrant red peep-toes to match her dress accessorized her look.

Credit: Style.com & WENN

47 thoughts on “Jennifer Lawrence In Marchesa – ‘The Hunger Games’ Berlin Premiere

1. molly

I prefer the length on the model, but the dress itself is better on Jennifer. I dont care for Jennifers shoes, I think she should have worn a gold strappy one like the model.
    This dress really doesnt look like Marchesa on her. I think that might be why I like it. Its nice to see a simple(as they can get) Marchesa dress that doesnt look like a costume on the red carpet.

2. Mahima

It falls flat on her. She doesn’t have the soft look of Marchesa to pull it off. Would have looked better on someone like Taylor Swift.

3. Nat39

Pretty dress and the styling is fine, don´t mind the matchy pumps, just don´t like the dress on Jennifer that much, def. looks better on a thinner smaller-waisted model with the lace detailing shaping beautifully around her figure.

4. Kennedy

Um… can I just say this dress is ugly? Because it is. I feel like Marchesa is becoming increasingly more and more pageant/figure-skater and less high fashion. J. Law has an AMAZING body, and this dress is not flattering. I want her to explore the Giambattista Valli Spring and Fall 2012 collection. My dream…

5. Angela

I loved her shoes! I think Jennifer Lawrence doesn’t really have the hips to give the Marchesa dress that hourglass shape like the model. She should have altered it so that the sleeves were a little more flowy.

6. E'Odell

The shoes and hair are awful, the fit is off, and she is lacking support in the chest sadly.
    High hopes but its a MAJOR miss.

7. bec

There is always something about her hair that looks messy to me and in turn makes her whole look feel unfinished..

8. asherlev1

That hairstyle. DDDD:

But otherwise, I like it. I miss her hair from the Winter’s Bone promo tour tbh.

9. Rebecca Z

The model is totally flat chested (or appears to be) which is why I think this dress works better on her. On Jennifer the lace pattern makes her look like she is wearing a graphic designed to illustrate the chest and abdominal muscles on an adult woman ! Too bad–it just isn’t very flattering. Agree that her hair is boring though I do like the shoes. But Elizabeth Banks is leaving her in the dust right now–or in the anatomy lab.

10. EmmaWoodhouse

I like the dress better on the model, although this is my favorite Jennifer premiere look so far (I haven’t really been wowed) I think that the hairstyle needs to go and that the red shoes were a bit too predictable. A good, but not amazing look.

11. Natalie

I think it’s the hair… it just doesn’t have that wow factor to go along with such a dress. And I would have much preferred the shoes from the runway. BUT nonetheless, Jennifer looks stunning as usual

1. Hannah

I agree, the shoes aren’t great, they aren’t nude or black pumps, but gold sandals would have looked better. Also I like the dress on Jennifer, it makes it look less McQueen ‘inspired’. I increasingly hate her hair though. Either leave the bgans normal or clip them back. How they are now, ‘open curtain’, not so great.

12. AW

When I first saw this picture I thought the dress looked like that anatomy poster that shows all the muscles. Not a good look.

13. Quinn

I actually thought that she look better than the model. the fit could be better but i really like it!

14. Dirk

I think its just the dress. It looks like its straight out of the Bodies exhibit.

Well, to be fair, it is pretty hard to complete with Elizabeth Banks and her Elie Saab.

15. Martin

I love Marchesa but I think the dress isnt perfect for her shape. Dont know exactly what it is but I like it much more on the model. My result as look scout: I agree with you. Its just an OK!

16. pipsqueak

I love the dress! My first reaction was actually ‘stunning.’ But then I saw the hair. Very unstylish and unexciting. Her hair and outfit don’t share one identity.

17. Meg

Ill fitted so much that the dress no longer even have the same portions or features, I think she has too much boobage to pull off the dress, hate to say it. the other problem is the styling, her hair does’t go with the dress as it just looks exactly the same as the london and LA premiere’s of the hunger games, when Elizabeth is showing so much variety Jennifer should be out-shining her be a long shot, what happened to the sexy calvin klien and oscar de la renta numbers of award seasons passed. it isn’t a good look, it just adds so much more weight to her, she should have worn a more flowing dress from the collection and worked the ethereal look or even one of those incredible Jil sander couture-like pieces from his new collection. thumbs down.

18. Marybeth

I like it a lot but it doesn’t quite have the WOW factor the event deserved.
    I also agree with “molly” that gold shoes would have been nicer.

19. slashdot

I had a big problem with the back zipper. It’s really made poorly. How can Marchesa, a high fashion brand apparently, present delicate dresses with such visible and ugly zippers? There’s something really fishy about this.

20. Emi

I prefer the fit of the model, but what I dislike of this look is the make up and the hair. From the back the hairstyle is beautiful but the bangs are a bit too “casual” for the rest of the look.

21. Jacqu

She’s a great actress, and the movie will be fantastic, I have faith in it, but damn, her red carpet is disappointing! Couldn’t elizabeth banks give her dresses to her? Because jeeze, she’s supposed to be the star of this thing!

22. CTgirl

I really love the idea of this dress on Jennifer Lawrence. However, she’s a bit busty and the dress doesn’t have the inner construction to really work with her chest. She’s looking a little droopy here.

23. Jess2

I feel the same FC, I like this better on the model and while this is a good look it is not mind blowing. Not loving the shoes.

24. justme

I’m still waiting to be blown away by Jennifer the way I am by Elizabeth. The dresses she picks are nice enough but something is missing for me.

25. Amber

I finally figured out why I totally did not like this dress- it looks like a diagram of all of the muscles in her chest! The red striations are just so off putting. Well, and the make up is terrible with this look, too. Way too nude/tan.

26. marina

Needs a better bra or a different dress, and maybe funkies shoes.
    Elizabeth Banks is dressing better than Jennifer, save for one dress, and she is not even the protagonist!

27. kirsty

the shape of the longer dress and the way its fitted around the hips is so much more flattering then the shorter version on Jennifer, I think she would have looked awesome if they hadn’t changed the fit and her shoes obviously