16.03.12 Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In Elie Saab – ‘The Hunger Games’ Berlin Premiere

‘The Hunger Games’ promo tour, which has given us many amazing red carpet looks this week, keeps rolling on.

At this rate we will only have two contenders for Best Promo Tour Looks of 2012; Elizabeth Banks and Jennifer Lawrence.

Both were on fire again tonight.

Elizabeth was already in my good books for:

a. wearing an Atelier Versace Spring 2012 look
b. wearing bright colours and;
c. wearing my favourite look from the Marc Jacobs Fall 2012 collection.

How could she top that?

Wearing Elie Saab of course.

The actress wore a fully embellished Elie Saab Spring 2012 orange gown to the Berlin premiere this evening.

Once again she was embracing colour plus she was head-to-toe perfection with glossy waves and flawless makeup.

I know many of you are going gaga over Jennifer, but I have been more impressed with Elizabeth on this tour.

Bill Blass was the leader in the poll I posted earlier today.

Do this do you prefer the Elie Saab gown to the Bill Blass gown?

Credit: WENN

Kiernan Shipka In Miu Miu – ‘Mad Men’ Season 5 Premiere

Kiernan Shipka In Miu Miu – ‘Mad Men’ Season 5 Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence In Marchesa - 'The Hunger Games' Berlin Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence In Marchesa – ‘The Hunger Games’ Berlin Premiere

61 Responses to Elizabeth Banks In Elie Saab – ‘The Hunger Games’ Berlin Premiere

1. Eliza March 16, 2012 at 22:33 #

The Bill Blass gown definitely is my favorite. Though this one is lovely, there is something fresher about the Blass gown.

I love all the bright fruit colors Elizabeth is wearing on this tour so far.

2. EmmaWoodhouse March 16, 2012 at 22:34 #

Um, excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! Elizabeth is ON FIRE, as you said FC! She is absolutely stunning here…I preferred her Marc Jacobs look over the Bill Blass, but leave it to Mr. Saab to rock my world! I don’t know if I can decide between the MJ and this…:) I’m indecisive in a good way! (Side note: her hair and makeup look divine as well!)

• Emma March 16, 2012 at 22:43 #

Totally agree. INCREDIBLE

3. Jessica March 16, 2012 at 22:38 #

OH MY GOD!! THIS! There are no words to express how beautiful she looks here! First, the colour is to die for, and secondly the dress itself is stunning. Elizabeth Banks works it though! This is definitely my pick for BDOTW

4. edson March 16, 2012 at 22:38 #

you should make a BDOTW poll with only Jennifer Lawrence and Elizabeth Banks, they are on fire.
    And by the way, did you see Leven Rambin,and Kalia Prescott at the LA premiere of The Hunger Games, they look really good.

5. noo March 16, 2012 at 22:39 #

the bill blass is a better dress imo, but the hair and make up on this look make it a clear winner for me :D

6. Nat39 March 16, 2012 at 22:39 #

She should have a talk with her makeup artist. Both gowns are wonderful on her but let down by the makeup unless my monitor is playing games with me. The pinkish makeup doesn´t work with the orange gown for me, and her previous look was brought down by her orangey face.
    But I still like both looks and choose this Elie Saab for BDOTW poll.

• asherlev1 March 16, 2012 at 23:48 #

I think the pinkishness is all right here, but maybe that’s just because I’m thankful she doesn’t look orangey/red again!

7. V March 16, 2012 at 22:43 #

THIS ONE!

8. Hisadora March 16, 2012 at 22:43 #

Oh God… I’m speechless at how amazing she looks here. Pretty fantastic!

9. TeaAtTwo March 16, 2012 at 22:45 #

Fabulous. I will remember her looks come BDOTY polls. The HG girls have gotten me more excited than most of the Oscars outfits.

• E'Odell March 16, 2012 at 23:46 #

This and Leven in red. BANANAS!!!!!!

10. T from Sydney March 16, 2012 at 22:46 #

she is killing everyone this week!!!

i love all the bright colours!!

its all perfect

• Dani March 16, 2012 at 23:51 #

+1. I was going to type exactly that!

11. Vicky March 16, 2012 at 22:51 #

WOW! This is it, absolutely amazing!

With Elie Saab it can’t go wrong!!

12. abasss March 16, 2012 at 22:52 #

I adore how she blends with the logo. The dress is perfect and she looks better than ever. Just beautiful.

• Nora March 16, 2012 at 22:57 #

Yes! It looks like she is exploding out of the floor. Kudos to her handler for getting that shot.

13. rita March 16, 2012 at 22:54 #

I wholeheartedly agree with you FC. Her looks were daring, colourful and more polished.

• maria March 16, 2012 at 23:01 #

14. Christine March 16, 2012 at 23:02 #

I prefer the Bill Blass dress but her promo looks so far have been nothing but remarkable!!

Jennifer, too. But wow Mrs. Banks is leaving her in the shade.

• Shaina March 17, 2012 at 00:35 #

100% agree. I prefer her looks much more than Jennifer’s.

• aiyu March 17, 2012 at 05:42 #

I totally agree, Elizabeth Banks has been the most exciting to watch this week

15. Sher March 16, 2012 at 23:05 #

Thank you Elizabeth for setting the bar for all actresses this year! I hope all the stars promoting their films this summer follow her example and also blow us away. This look is gorgeous, I can’t possibly pick a favorite after all the amazing options she has given us!

• Quinn March 17, 2012 at 00:52 #

16. molly March 16, 2012 at 23:13 #

Wowza! She looks amazing. This is how you wear sparkly dress after sparkly dress without it getting boring. Well done, Miss Elizabeth. Well done.

• Wong Hiao Hiao March 17, 2012 at 06:26 #

Ditto “This is how you wear sparkly dress after sparkly dress without it getting boring.”

Taylor Swift, are you taking notes?

17. CreoleLady March 16, 2012 at 23:16 #

Hmmmm, I am starting to wonder who the star of this movie is. So wish the Berlin dresses on Jennifer and Elizabeth could have been swapped somehow. Anyway, I prefer this look over the yellow because the makeup is better. I’m glad to see improved hair as well.

18. Yeliz March 16, 2012 at 23:16 #

No FC don’t do this to me, how am I supposed to choose between that jaw dropping Bill Blass gown and my favorite designer Elie Saab? That’s a big challenge for me.
    But somehow I did choose and it’s the Bill Blass gown which stole my heart. And although it’s not typical for me to put an Elie Saab gown as my second choice I have to admit that I knew that it is Elie Saab the second I saw the dress, so it is a typical Saab design. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t like it. I love the gown as I always love Elie Saab gowns. It’s gorgeous and stunning and Elizabeth looks perfect. But I prefer the Bill Blass gown because it is something very new and refreshing for me.
    BTW I agree with you FC, I’m more impressed with Elizabeth on this promo tour too.

• Fashion Critic March 17, 2012 at 06:04 #

It’s gonna be SUPER tough

19. Rosalie March 16, 2012 at 23:16 #

elie
    no question

20. Kennedy March 16, 2012 at 23:25 #

There’s no need for a poll, Elizabeth Banks just won BDOTW by a landslide. OMG. The color, the fit, the hair, I LOVE IT!

21. bec March 16, 2012 at 23:36 #

I just squealed a little bit!! Amazing. perfection. BDOTY contender for sure!

22. asherlev1 March 16, 2012 at 23:47 #

YESSSSS. Everything is on point here – hair, makeup and that GORGEOUS dress. I will say I appreciate her wearing yellow, orange and red on this tour as a fan of The Hunger Games.

23. ramsay March 16, 2012 at 23:53 #

Isn’t that a bit too much for a film premiere?

• Fashion Critic March 17, 2012 at 06:02 #

Eh??? Not at all.

24. McKenzie March 17, 2012 at 00:00 #

Man, she is just knocking it out of the park every time!! She looks amazing!

25. Giuseppi Giraffe March 17, 2012 at 00:05 #

Oh! Amazing!!!

26. Natalie March 17, 2012 at 00:08 #

I was expecting Elizabeth Banks to take no risks and go for her go-to usual designers but she’s really wowing us during this tour. I think she’s trying to keep it fun and different and at the same time have a sophisticated aura as to not take all the spotlight away from Jennifer. I’m impressed!

• Wong Hiao Hiao March 17, 2012 at 06:28 #

while I prefer Elizabeth’s looks (because I’m a sucker for dramatic gowns), I think both ladies are knocking it out of the park, age-appropriately.

27. Martin March 17, 2012 at 01:22 #

The Elie Saab dress is such amazing and looks stunning at her. It is a wonderful dress and a fantastic colour. Best look I have seen of her so far!!

28. Leo March 17, 2012 at 02:10 #

Elizabeth Banks is the star of this promo tour. She has been an interesting person to watch on the red carpet (she always brings it in Cannes) but she’s on fire this time around.

29. M March 17, 2012 at 02:17 #

She looks amazing and until this week I never realized how amazing her body is! The Marc Jacobs look is my favorite so far, but this has to go down as one of the best promotional tours (style wise) in a very, very long time. Let’s hope she avoids any mis-steps in the flawless run!

30. Ingrid March 17, 2012 at 02:19 #

this is the best!!! much prefer the makeup here and love the hair – and the DRESS is stunning!

31. nadine March 17, 2012 at 02:58 #

Wow, this is good.

32. Marybeth March 17, 2012 at 03:11 #

THIS!!!
    I loved the Bill Blass too, but I think her hair and make-up are much better here.

33. Alina March 17, 2012 at 07:02 #

I think I prefer this to everything else this week. FLAWLESS!

34. Lola March 17, 2012 at 07:12 #

The color of the bill blass was totally wrong for her… Hence the orange face i guess…this color is beautiful (even if the pinkish tone of the makeup is a bit off) on her – and the dress is divine perfection. The bill blass gown is fabulous too but not on her.

35. Hannah March 17, 2012 at 11:52 #

I ADORE this look. I love how they have both changed it up every time on the red carpet. This is, imo, her best look to date, without a doubt. It even challenges Jennifer’s Prabal Gurung. I beleive that her stylists are Wendi & Nicole, who I think also styled Octavia Spencer and IMO, they outdid themselves.

• Hannah March 17, 2012 at 21:31 #

Oh my goodness, I just check Getty and it has an open back. I didn’t think it could get any better!

36. Belisa March 17, 2012 at 12:03 #

god this woman is on fire right now.

37. roxana March 17, 2012 at 14:07 #

this is one of the best promo tours!

38. Jess2 March 17, 2012 at 14:23 #

I am soooo in love with Elizabeth on this promo tour!! Super outstanding!! This dress is perfection on her with the silhouette, colour and fit and perfect hair and makeup. This is probably my favourite look but all of her looks have been amazing and this is my favourite promo tour in ages!!

39. DP March 17, 2012 at 14:34 #

Amazing! She is really blowing me away. The colours she’s picking are fantastic- I love the bright embellished look, the simple styling and the confidence. She’s upping her game! I didn’t like her hair with the Atelier Versace or her make up with the Bill Blass (although the dresses were gorgeous) but here she gets it just right!

• Katharine March 18, 2012 at 03:58 #

Totally agree, which makes this Elie Saab the outstanding choice for me, and my choice for BDOTW. It’s been a great promotional tour : looking forward to more.

40. Amy March 17, 2012 at 21:59 #

she nailed it.I LOVE this look, the color is very unusual for a sparkly dress and it really suits her.

41. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) March 18, 2012 at 01:29 #

Drop Dead Delicious.

42. Jones19 March 19, 2012 at 00:37 #

UH-MAZING! Banks is on fire!

43. jkrau March 20, 2012 at 04:26 #

“On fire” is what everyone keeps saying… but isn’t Jennifer supposed to be the girl on fire?!?! Ha! Elizabeth has been KICKASS on the red carpet the last year or so; I can’t get over how much I love her lately (often once an actress becomes a mom they tone down because they don’t have as much energy, but DAMN GIRL!).

Also, I LOVE when actresses dress to match the background posters on the red carpet. They know the dresses will be seen in that full visual, so why not coordinate the entire shot?!

44. JC March 23, 2012 at 03:36 #

This Elie Saab gown is absolutely spectabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang November 7, 2012 at 03:17 #

Who wants more heat?? Just ask Elizabeth Banks who looks every bit the woman on the flame wearing this spicy tangerine fully embellished floor length gown by Elie Saab!! Love the retro hairdo and the makeup is flawless!! She’s in head-to-toe perfection!! Absolutely BDOTY strong contender, bravo!!

46. Bailey November 11, 2014 at 01:46 #

Another beautiful gown and colour on her, however I think the hair could have been better