January Jones In Roland Mouret – ‘Mad Men’ Season 5 Premiere

January Jones joined Jon Hamm on the red carpet for the premiere of ‘Mad Men’ Season 5 at the ArcLight Cinemas in Hollywood, California, last night.

My first reaction to January in this Roland Mouret dress was, ‘What happened to her red carpet mojo?’

I don’t blame the look; it’s January who fails to breathe any life into it.

Imagine this look on Amber Heard or even Carey Mulligan, then look at Karlie Kloss, then come back to January.

Lifeless.

Even with the cute retro curls and the glossy lips, she’s not selling this look to me.

Cartier earrings completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ana de Armas In Zuhair Murad - Malaga Film Festival 2014 Closing Ceremony

Ana de Armas In Zuhair Murad – Malaga Film Festival 2014 Closing Ceremony

Katie Holmes In Holmes & Yang & Lanvin - 25 Most Powerful Stylists Luncheon

Katie Holmes In Holmes & Yang & Lanvin – 25 Most Powerful Stylists Luncheon

22 Responses to January Jones In Roland Mouret – ‘Mad Men’ Season 5 Premiere

1. jui ho March 15, 2012 at 11:17 #

Really….Karlie? How can one hold a candle to KK?

2. Emi March 15, 2012 at 11:18 #

Honestly it’s hard for me to imagine Carey Mulligan with this dress. I think that a shorter version would have been better. The dress itself is interesting but I agree with you about the fact that it’s lifeless on her, maybe a different make up, or maybe just a red lipstick would have been a bit better.

3. Jacqu March 15, 2012 at 11:26 #

For me she’s forgiven, she just had a kid and may not be that comfortable with her body/dressing up. Not all people bounce back fashion wise from that. I wish she was more like Miranda Kerr though.

4. Hannah March 15, 2012 at 12:24 #

I remember how she used to be amazing, and then she lost her shoe mojo and we were all hopign that it was a ttemporary blip, but no. I was excited to see her back on the red carpet, but given that she used to be our Versace girl this is genuinely sad. She needs a (new) stylist asap.

5. Aparna March 15, 2012 at 12:38 #

oh but i like it. the shoes are boring else i like the hair and i love the dress

6. dee March 15, 2012 at 13:00 #

I think different shoes would have made this better.

7. Alina March 15, 2012 at 13:04 #

I want to be positive : hair and makeup are gorgeous.

8. Francy March 15, 2012 at 13:14 #

The dress is very interesting on the model, on January not so much. I think it overwhelms her. The overall look is very sad, and I’m sorry to say that cause I used to like her on the red carpet

9. Carolina Roq March 15, 2012 at 13:31 #

Karlie Kloss looks stunning.

10. mm March 15, 2012 at 13:48 #

She doesnt have sex appeal. Even with cutouts the dress doesnt seem sexy on her.

11. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) March 15, 2012 at 15:32 #

Agree 100% FC. Not sold on JJ at all. She looks hapless and uncomfortable here. Karlie killed it.
    Not sure this could really survive in real time other than the runway.

• Fashion Critic March 15, 2012 at 16:01 #

lol @ not sure this could survive in real time

12. Jones19 March 15, 2012 at 16:39 #

January never excites me on the red carpet and this is no different…meh personified.

13. Christine March 15, 2012 at 18:57 #

I blame her posture.

14. Tiffany Nicole March 15, 2012 at 21:28 #

I don’t know. I loathe cut out dresses in general so that’s probably why I don’t think anyone could have pulled this off without looking like they belong on a stripper stage about to take it off. Sorry, I just can’t abide cut outs, especially this many

• EmmaWoodhouse March 16, 2012 at 15:36 #

I am in total agreement! The only thing I like about this look is the hair and makeup.

15. Dhppy March 15, 2012 at 22:07 #

I think this dress looks terrible on Karlie. It requires a little more meat on the bones. January looks a bit better in it, but really it’s a very complicated cut, and a difficult sell for any woman.

16. Dusty March 16, 2012 at 02:58 #

It’s really unflattering on her in the chest area…too wide, too low…

17. Amy March 17, 2012 at 22:32 #

I think it’s a question of posture. I saw pictures of her on dailymail and JJ looked great. Bythe way K arlie doesn’t look great in the dress for me ( a little too skinny )

18. Parvati March 18, 2012 at 00:05 #

I actually think January looks good in this dress. Her last appearances on the red carpet had been quite disappointing for me, so this is a huge improvement, in my opinion.

19. Niki March 18, 2012 at 10:43 #

Very blah. It does nothing for her figure and is quite unflattering in the chest region… But on a positive note, her hair and make-up looks stunning.

20. alliehstyle March 22, 2012 at 16:38 #

It’s obviously her posture. She isn’t sassing it up at all. In her defense she did just have a baby so comparing her to karlie kloss is sort of unfair. But it would help if she worked the curves like Christina Hendricks does instead of acting so self conscious.