14.03.12

Garcelle Beauvais In Paul & Joe – ‘The Hunger Games’ LA Premiere

Garcelle Beauvais joined the very well-dressed red carpet at the LA premiere of ‘The Hunger Games.’

That is, until she arrived.

The actress attempted to blend in with the young crowd in a shiny salmon Paul & Joe strapless dress.

To make matters worse, the dress was accessorized with an armful of mismatched bangles and zebra print pumps.

Her hairstyle may or may-not have included a Bump-It, as well.

Not to get into any specifics, but Garcelle is over twice the age of the film’s star, Jennifer Lawrence, who looked plenty more mature in her gold Prabal.

Credit: Getty

Ali Larter’s Alexander Wang Brenda Chain Trimmed Leather Shoulder Bag

Ali Larter’s Alexander Wang Brenda Chain Trimmed Leather Shoulder Bag

Jordana Brewster In Todd Lynn - LONDON Show ROOMS Cocktail Party

Jordana Brewster In Todd Lynn – LONDON Show ROOMS Cocktail Party

19 Responses to Garcelle Beauvais In Paul & Joe – ‘The Hunger Games’ LA Premiere

1. Raquel March 14, 2012 at 04:34 #

I hate the bangles and the pumps, these were bad fashion choices, period.

But I don’t understand the problem with the dress or the hair. Are you saying someone Garcelle’s age cannot wear a strapless shiny dress? Because we see celebrities wearing them all the time and it was never a problem before. She doesn’t look that bad.

2. Tina March 14, 2012 at 04:53 #

I agree that she looks like she is trying too hard to fit in to the teen crowd. The color is great for her, though.

3. Ade March 14, 2012 at 06:43 #

That is, until she arrived.

LMAOOO the shade, It could cool down the Sahara desert. I do agree with you, try hard to the tenth degree. The look on that woman’s face in the first pic says it all.

4. Bianca James March 14, 2012 at 07:30 #

I agree I think she is trying too hard to fit into the teen crowd also. I feel she only goes out to premieres so that she can get her pictures taken on the red carpet. She is not a A List star. She is a cute woman but needs to stop trying to be young. Her age is showing in her face.

• rita March 14, 2012 at 11:29 #

I don’t agree with you. She looks great for her age. At least she doesn’t look trashy like some a-list stars.Some celebrities when they hit their 40’s they all go botox, here’s a beautiful woman who looks natural for her age ( take not Courthney Cox !) She’s an actress whether you like it nor not so she’s entitled to go to the red carpet as everybody else and I am pretty sure they were a lot of other actor who are form the A-list. BTW since when is Camille Belle an A-list star as far as I know? She’s always attending every envelope opening…

5. doc March 14, 2012 at 07:34 #

I don’t agree that she was trying to dress like the younger stars. It’s just a simple strapless dress. I mean, it hits below the knee. I don’t see anything attempting whimsy or youthfulness about this ensemble. I think the fit of the dress could have been improved and of course accessories could have been better. But overall it looks like an age appropriate outfit.

• Carolina March 14, 2012 at 12:36 #

I agree. My thought on seeing this is that the cut does not enhance her figure – it makes her look just a bit blocky. However, the color is great on her. I don’t really get the disparaging ageist comments, either – as others have pointed out, there are others (better known) who have ‘dressed young’ (SJP, for one, and Chung) and look completely ridiculous, which Beauvais does not.

• dee March 14, 2012 at 14:08 #

I agree with every word. The color of the dress looks great on her but the fit is not good and she could have lost the bangles.

• Alina March 14, 2012 at 15:30 #

ITA.

• Dani March 14, 2012 at 22:01 #

I agree with you, Doc. The fit may be a bit off, but I think the colour is great and she is a very beautiful lady.

• Katharine March 15, 2012 at 05:41 #

Agreed on the styling – don’t think Garcelle Beauvais is deserving of such sneering. She’s a successful working actress, so her place on the red carpet is welcome : she’s part of the business. What a mean-spirited post.

6. manja March 14, 2012 at 10:03 #

hair and accesories are not good,but other then that I like the dress and coloure and fit on her.don’t see anything desperate or too youthfull here.

7. Aparna March 14, 2012 at 12:31 #

I see nothing wrong with this dress. It is quite simple in its cut and style. I can see the point about the bangles but it seems quite age appropriate to me.

8. Kaylie March 14, 2012 at 13:13 #

You would prefer all women over 40 to wear basic black dresses and black pumps? I don’t see anything in this look that is desperate to be youthful. She’s wearing a pink, below-the-knee dress with fun shoes. That hairstyle looks great on her. Also love the makeup and earrings.

9. GGG March 14, 2012 at 14:23 #

Actress? When was the last time she was in anything significant? She looks tacky – no one likes it when a woman tries too hard!

10. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) March 14, 2012 at 15:56 #

I don’t know who she is. The dress just looks cheesy and I don’t care for the shoes.

11. andrea March 14, 2012 at 19:05 #

Thumbs down from me. The look on the girl’s face to the left says it all!!!! So funny haha

• EmmaWoodhouse March 16, 2012 at 15:08 #

I know, that girl made me laugh :D This look is quite terrible–it feels like trying too hard.

12. tiffany nicole March 14, 2012 at 19:27 #

good effort, but that makeup is way too thick. The color is sensational and I like the shoes, just didn’t come together. Looks cheap.