Miley Cyrus In Emilio Pucci – ‘The Hunger Games’ LA Premiere

Finally, a big premiere to cure the post-awards season lull.

‘The Hunger Games’ made a splash on the red carpet in LA last night and the stars were out to impress.

I have to start off with Miley Cyrus as she looked stunning wearing an Emilio Pucci Spring 2012 ensemble.

At times the actress/singer can be really frustrating on the red carpet, but she got it so right on this occasion wearing a black mesh beaded bustier and a black high-waisted organza skirt with beaded appliqués.

Some may think this look is an attempt to steal the attention away from the main star, but if you’re not going to wear a crop top at 19-years old, when are you going to wear one?

If Gwyneth Paltrow can do it, so can Miley.

Wavy ombre tresses and Loree Rodkin jewels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Which Was Your Favourite Rooney Mara 2012 Awards Season Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Rooney Mara 2012 Awards Season Look?

Jennifer Lawrence In Prabal Gurung - 'The Hunger Games' LA Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence In Prabal Gurung – ‘The Hunger Games’ LA Premiere

42 Responses to Miley Cyrus In Emilio Pucci – ‘The Hunger Games’ LA Premiere

1. CreoleLady March 13, 2012 at 09:52 #

Didn’t like the crop top on Gwyneth. Don’t like it on Miley. I didn’t like crop tops when they were big in the nineties unless you’re going to a farm or an outdoor concert or the mall. Passe and cliche.

2. Joy March 13, 2012 at 10:35 #

I love this look on Miley. I so agree, that this look is perfect for someone like her/age. For me it was definitely NOT passe or cliche. I thought it was the best we’ve seen her in a while. Okay, I don’t think I’ve seen her in a while but you get my point. :)I only wish I could pull it off!

3. Jones19 March 13, 2012 at 10:44 #

Too Madonna.

4. alannah March 13, 2012 at 10:47 #

i think miley is really starting to come into herself! her body looks perfect, same can be said about hair & make up! go miley!x

5. Jacqu March 13, 2012 at 11:02 #

I was ready to write this off as someone trying to upstage the star, but looking at most of the pics, I really like it. And please, she can’t upstage JLawrence’s dress, that one was fantastic!

6. M March 13, 2012 at 11:05 #

Wow! im liking this…

7. Fiona-Brasil March 13, 2012 at 11:19 #

You need to be very young and have a terrific body to get away with this look, she has both going for her .I like it, sort o reminds me the YSL gipsies.

8. mm March 13, 2012 at 12:29 #

Love the look, the hair not so much.

9. jeny molar March 13, 2012 at 12:47 #

i love this look on her,she looks perfect , and i like the short hair it’s looks relly good on her more from the long hair

10. manja March 13, 2012 at 13:05 #

she is young and good looking enough to wear this,it’s a good look for her

• Alina March 13, 2012 at 15:13 #

ITA.

• beta March 14, 2012 at 11:15 #

agree :)

11. bm March 13, 2012 at 13:07 #

Like the skirt. But the cropped top? It’s not my taste.

12. ullis March 13, 2012 at 13:15 #

trashy. but her hair looks great !

13. firien March 13, 2012 at 14:55 #

I can’t help thinking that she’s wearing underwear from the waist up.

14. Angela March 13, 2012 at 15:36 #

I’m not liking this at all. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this was, “What was she wearing?!?!”

15. Mol March 13, 2012 at 15:50 #

I think she looks great, the outfit really suits her and I love her hair shorter for sure…

16. Virginia March 13, 2012 at 15:56 #

I think she doesn’t have the attitude to wear something like this.

17. beadingchef March 13, 2012 at 16:24 #

Personally can’t stand her, but this is the best I have seen her look.

18. Jazz March 13, 2012 at 16:47 #

damn she looks amazing! i love this outfit and she works it

19. jkrau March 13, 2012 at 16:52 #

It just looks…. trashy. Sorry Miley, but it looks like you’re going for a sexy bohemian look…. don’t.

20. Caro March 13, 2012 at 16:53 #

Sorry, but cropped tops are my pet peeve on the red carpet. A NO whether you are 18 or 81. Leave them for the beach please.

21. Hannah March 13, 2012 at 17:09 #

I’m not a huge fan of the look, but to me it isn’tthat attention grabbing a look (to be fair I just saw Jennfier Lawrence’s dress), although I really don’t get crop tops, at all. I also really dislike the hair, it is way too ombre, teh syle is bad and the blonde at the ends is very yellow.

22. Giuseppi Giraffe March 13, 2012 at 17:27 #

This looks so tacky to me! The last few times I’ve liked something she’s worn, no one else has cared for it, but this looks cheap and sleezy, and everyone seems to like it. Go figure.

23. Leo March 13, 2012 at 18:04 #

Great look. I like this on her because it feels like the right amount of sexy and it’s fun and young. She dresses too old sometimes, but this is more the way to go for her. The gypsy boho thing suits her well.

24. Kennedy March 13, 2012 at 21:02 #

I like it on the model, not on Miley. She has a great body though. Here’s the thing- Miley rarely ever looks good on the red carpet. I find her extremely tacky- hair, makeup, everything. Her hair and makeup look fine here, so I’ll give her credit where it’s due. But for someone who just screams “tacky” or kitsch every time I see her on the red carpet, this outfit doesn’t look fashion forward or bold/edgy on her. It’s “try hard” and a typical wacky (not in a good way) ensemble that she threw together.

25. Ariel March 13, 2012 at 21:23 #

I love it! Fab!

26. Asima March 13, 2012 at 23:52 #

guys, whats name of that model on left?????

27. robbie March 14, 2012 at 01:31 #

it looks like she is wearing lingerie instead of an actual top, trashy.

28. Carolina Roq March 14, 2012 at 02:17 #

I think it looks very bad.

29. FChew March 14, 2012 at 03:06 #

I’ve noticed that when Miley appears on the red carpet playing the girlfriend role,she dresses more age-appropriate and cute(remember the David Koma dress ?). Whereas if she’s the main attraction on the red carpet, she always dress like a 46yo cougar in animal prints with aging make-up, hair etc.

30. Lyn March 14, 2012 at 03:54 #

Miley looks fantastic here.She adds sexiness on the dress by showing a little bit of her boobies..

31. pipsqueak March 14, 2012 at 04:06 #

Love the look! I usually don’t care for this hillbilly, but she looked really good. Young, fresh and sexy in a playful way. The hair is great, too. And Peter Dundas, thank you for designing a top for us small-busted girls.

32. Raquel March 14, 2012 at 05:10 #

It took me a while to decide, but I like this. Cropped tops and cut outs are my personal pet peeves – as well as first ladies wearing cardigans, ahem – but the more I look at this the more I like it. I think it works because she ditched the runaway necklaces – very Madonna circa 1991 – and opted for a soft make up. I like the hair, and I think the overall look has this relaxed feeling, that feel appropriated for the event and her age.

33. alliehstyle March 14, 2012 at 08:15 #

I like this actually. But I would like it better if her boobs were less pushed up because that’s what’s bringing it to a less boho/more trashy place..the model pulls it off cuz she looks more relaxed. Either way though she looks cute and young.

34. Sal March 14, 2012 at 12:36 #

Miley looks great in this PUCCI gipsy look, her body is toned and fit so she can definitively pull it off!

35. Tina March 14, 2012 at 21:34 #

Not liking her hair much, and I’m not a big fan of crop dresses.

36. taksi March 15, 2012 at 01:30 #

I just think Miley’s whole vibe cheapens the look.

37. Jen March 15, 2012 at 03:26 #

Not totally sure it’s event appropriate, but I can’t deny she doesn’t look great in it.

Also really glad to see her give her hair a break from extensions.

38. EmmaWoodhouse March 16, 2012 at 14:59 #

Imo crop-tops are always super trashy. This looks is very Madonna/cheap Bohemian and on Miley, it’s just terrible.

39. Jess2 March 17, 2012 at 14:35 #

I loved this look on the runway, but now it looks trashtastic and the overall look is too try hard. Leave the crop top to Scarlett Johansson.

40. Bailey October 12, 2014 at 02:00 #

I actually really liked this on her…very boho and on-trend