Miley Cyrus In Emilio Pucci – ‘The Hunger Games’ LA Premiere

Finally, a big premiere to cure the post-awards season lull.

‘The Hunger Games’ made a splash on the red carpet in LA last night and the stars were out to impress.

I have to start off with Miley Cyrus as she looked stunning wearing an Emilio Pucci Spring 2012 ensemble.

At times the actress/singer can be really frustrating on the red carpet, but she got it so right on this occasion wearing a black mesh beaded bustier and a black high-waisted organza skirt with beaded appliqués.

Some may think this look is an attempt to steal the attention away from the main star, but if you’re not going to wear a crop top at 19-years old, when are you going to wear one?

If Gwyneth Paltrow can do it, so can Miley.

Wavy ombre tresses and Loree Rodkin jewels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

41 thoughts on “Miley Cyrus In Emilio Pucci – ‘The Hunger Games’ LA Premiere

1. CreoleLady

Didn’t like the crop top on Gwyneth. Don’t like it on Miley. I didn’t like crop tops when they were big in the nineties unless you’re going to a farm or an outdoor concert or the mall. Passe and cliche.

2. Joy

I love this look on Miley. I so agree, that this look is perfect for someone like her/age. For me it was definitely NOT passe or cliche. I thought it was the best we’ve seen her in a while. Okay, I don’t think I’ve seen her in a while but you get my point. :)I only wish I could pull it off!

3. Jacqu

I was ready to write this off as someone trying to upstage the star, but looking at most of the pics, I really like it. And please, she can’t upstage JLawrence’s dress, that one was fantastic!

4. Fiona-Brasil

You need to be very young and have a terrific body to get away with this look, she has both going for her .I like it, sort o reminds me the YSL gipsies.

5. jeny molar

i love this look on her,she looks perfect , and i like the short hair it’s looks relly good on her more from the long hair

6. Angela

I’m not liking this at all. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this was, “What was she wearing?!?!”

7. jkrau

It just looks…. trashy. Sorry Miley, but it looks like you’re going for a sexy bohemian look…. don’t.

8. Caro

Sorry, but cropped tops are my pet peeve on the red carpet. A NO whether you are 18 or 81. Leave them for the beach please.

9. Hannah

I’m not a huge fan of the look, but to me it isn’tthat attention grabbing a look (to be fair I just saw Jennfier Lawrence’s dress), although I really don’t get crop tops, at all. I also really dislike the hair, it is way too ombre, teh syle is bad and the blonde at the ends is very yellow.

10. Giuseppi Giraffe

This looks so tacky to me! The last few times I’ve liked something she’s worn, no one else has cared for it, but this looks cheap and sleezy, and everyone seems to like it. Go figure.

11. Leo

Great look. I like this on her because it feels like the right amount of sexy and it’s fun and young. She dresses too old sometimes, but this is more the way to go for her. The gypsy boho thing suits her well.

12. Kennedy

I like it on the model, not on Miley. She has a great body though. Here’s the thing- Miley rarely ever looks good on the red carpet. I find her extremely tacky- hair, makeup, everything. Her hair and makeup look fine here, so I’ll give her credit where it’s due. But for someone who just screams “tacky” or kitsch every time I see her on the red carpet, this outfit doesn’t look fashion forward or bold/edgy on her. It’s “try hard” and a typical wacky (not in a good way) ensemble that she threw together.

13. FChew

I’ve noticed that when Miley appears on the red carpet playing the girlfriend role,she dresses more age-appropriate and cute(remember the David Koma dress ?). Whereas if she’s the main attraction on the red carpet, she always dress like a 46yo cougar in animal prints with aging make-up, hair etc.

14. pipsqueak

Love the look! I usually don’t care for this hillbilly, but she looked really good. Young, fresh and sexy in a playful way. The hair is great, too. And Peter Dundas, thank you for designing a top for us small-busted girls.

15. Raquel

It took me a while to decide, but I like this. Cropped tops and cut outs are my personal pet peeves – as well as first ladies wearing cardigans, ahem – but the more I look at this the more I like it. I think it works because she ditched the runaway necklaces – very Madonna circa 1991 – and opted for a soft make up. I like the hair, and I think the overall look has this relaxed feeling, that feel appropriated for the event and her age.

16. alliehstyle

I like this actually. But I would like it better if her boobs were less pushed up because that’s what’s bringing it to a less boho/more trashy place..the model pulls it off cuz she looks more relaxed. Either way though she looks cute and young.

17. Sal

Miley looks great in this PUCCI gipsy look, her body is toned and fit so she can definitively pull it off!

18. Jen

Not totally sure it’s event appropriate, but I can’t deny she doesn’t look great in it.

Also really glad to see her give her hair a break from extensions.

19. EmmaWoodhouse

Imo crop-tops are always super trashy. This looks is very Madonna/cheap Bohemian and on Miley, it’s just terrible.

20. Jess2

I loved this look on the runway, but now it looks trashtastic and the overall look is too try hard. Leave the crop top to Scarlett Johansson.