Elizabeth Banks In Atelier Versace – ‘The Hunger Games’ Premiere

Elizabeth Banks gave us our second look at the Atelier Versace Spring 2012 collection at the ‘Hunger Games’ LA premiere yesterday evening.

The actress is usually top of the list for any new Versace collection, so this comes as no surprise to me.

She looked spectacular wearing a bright orange structured one-shoulder mini dress with a cut-out detail and gold accents.

The Jimmy Choo ‘Biel’ wedges are anonymous, but at least they don’t upstage the dress.

Although I do love her half-up, half-down hairstyle, I preferred the high sleek ponytails sported by the model for added sexy appeal.

Gold jewels and fresh neutral makeup completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

22 thoughts on “Elizabeth Banks In Atelier Versace – ‘The Hunger Games’ Premiere

1. Valeria

Hmm, maybe it’s a pose but dress seems to squish her back and wedges are a size top big. I think color washes her out. Not a fan all in all

2. CreoleLady

Love the color. Wonder what that detail is in back. Dislike the styling intensely (helmet hair? Wedges?!). She looks good but it’s a bit of a shame because the potential here is to look spectacular.

3. Joy

I was thinking the EXACT same things…what is up with the back? Seriously, what is going on with the back? Shoes look too big and horrible hair from the back, very much helmet head. From straight on the orange dress is fierce though.

4. Betty Brandenburg

I find the dress very confused: metal buckle, check. Cut out, check. one shoulder, check. Sequins, check. metal detail, check. Floral embellishment, check. Bustle detail, check.

Enough already.

1. EmmaWoodhouse

+1! It also looks a bit boxy in the skirt area. Elizabeth looks nice and she pulls off the tangerine orange nicely, but it’s not blowing me away.

5. Colleen

Love the dress, loath the shoes – and they don’t even fit! Wish she had worn the shoes the model has on.

Can’t wait to see what she wears during the promotional tour; I have a feeling it will be anything BUT boring.

6. Hannah

I love the dress, and overall she looks good, but I don’t like the wedges and the hair looks like it has way too much hairspray.
    That beign said, I love the bright colour, apparently this is a colour with some kind of significance in the film (I have no idea), it is perfect for her colouring.
    Like Ginnifer Goodwin I always underestimate her but she is never safe on the red carpet.

7. Candice

can someone pls let me know why stars insist on wearing heels that are clearly too big? sometimes it looks up to a full size to full size and a half too big on the red carpet!

CC

8. Ariel

I love it when a a spectacular dress is worn ASAP. Elizabeth looks absolutely stunning in it! BDOTW!

9. Raquel

I love the color of the dress, but everything else including the dress itself… I don’t know, it just doesn’t work. Better shoes would have helped, but I’m not sure because I don’t like the dress on the model either – though I like her hair better.

10. Stephanie

I have to say that I’ve been disappointed both times I’ve seen looks from this collection hit the red carpet. And it’s really sad to me because I absolutely love the pieces but both Heidi and Elizabeth just didn’t bring them to life. I’d love to see someone like Nina Dobrev or Zoe Saldana stun in this amazing collection and show off the dresses with sophisticated styling and grace.