09.03.12

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In LK Bennett – Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Tour

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge joined Queen Elizabeth at St Pancras Station on Thursday, where they travelled to Leicester to for the start of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee tour.

Looking beautiful in jewel tones, Catherine donned an LK Bennett dress with a matching jacket, which noticeably boasts this season’s peplum trend.

Of course, no outfit is totally complete without a proper hat and, on this occasion, Catherine chose a black James Lock number to match her pumps.

Let’s hope that the start of this tour means plenty more stylish Catherine sightings.

Credit: Getty

Halle Berry In Jenny Packham - 'Extant' LA Premiere

Halle Berry In Jenny Packham – ‘Extant’ LA Premiere

Jennifer Lopez In Reem Acra - American Idol Live Elimination Show

Jennifer Lopez In Reem Acra – American Idol Live Elimination Show

29 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In LK Bennett – Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Tour

1. robbie March 9, 2012 at 17:34 #

kate looks nice. her majesty though looks fantastic, i love that she is not afraid of bright colours.

i have often wondered if there was a rule that no female member of the royal family can wear colour except for her majesty. because everyone else seems to wear more “serious” colours.

2. Jessica March 9, 2012 at 17:47 #

I think she looks great here! I love it

3. Emi March 9, 2012 at 18:01 #

Great look, I like everything. The hat is so cute! FC, I heard that the Queen complained about Catherine’s skirts because they are too short. What do you think? I hope that she will keep wear this kind of length because she’s young and she has beautiful legs!

• Fashion Critic March 9, 2012 at 18:08 #

I never heard that lol…

I don’t think they are.

Even though she can be boring – not on this occasion – she is always appropriate

• Lee ann March 9, 2012 at 19:03 #

It was in the daily mail so it must be true! Lol

• Fashion Critic March 9, 2012 at 19:24 #

lol…yes the fountain of truth

• kim March 9, 2012 at 21:43 #

LOL oh the daily mail

• molly March 9, 2012 at 22:18 #

I was a little shocked that they even posted those photos! Usually they dont post anything that could paint their dear Kate in a bad light!

• moja31 March 9, 2012 at 18:13 #

there are some photos of this event where you can see straight up her skirt, and she’s had a bit of trouble getting out of cars, so it seems her skirts could stand to be an inch or two longer just for practicality’s sake. when she’s standing though she looks fine.

• elaine2 March 9, 2012 at 19:18 #

Because the skirt is slim, when she was bending over getting out of a car, it rode up halfway up her thigh. Although she does have some of the best legs around, the length for such a form fitting pencil skirt dress…….turned out to be a bit short. Just standing, it looks great. Bending over……..too short for a royal, IMO.

I didn’t like that belt she was wearing. And I thought the tailoring on the jacket made her appear flat-chested. The color and the peplum where good on her, though!

4. moja31 March 9, 2012 at 18:10 #

I hate what’s happening at the neckline, the folded neckline of the dress is interfering with the lines of the jacket. I like the color, and the hat, but I’m frightened by the fact that her thigh is the same size as her calf.

5. Mol March 9, 2012 at 18:20 #

Wow, the Queen looks stunning, a BDOTW contender (tee hee), love her quirky hat! Catherine looks lovely too and, as you say, let’s hope it’s a more stylish and interesting trend for her……

• beta March 9, 2012 at 21:48 #

yessss!!! I was thinking about that!
      the queen is one of my top 10 style icons (seriously)
      love love love her hats&coats
      :D

6. Linda March 9, 2012 at 19:04 #

Great, now just get some more interesting shoes and we’re in business.

7. Lee ann March 9, 2012 at 19:05 #

I so want to like this look but I can’t . Given all the fabulous fashion at her fingertips she wears this? Yawn.

8. EmmaWoodhouse March 9, 2012 at 19:13 #

BDOTW! I am a huge Catherine fan, but even if someone else was wearing this look I would LOVE it–the suit is one of the chicest I’ve ever seen, and I love the black accessories, particurlarly that gorgeous chapeau. :)
    The Queen looks regal yet sweet as always. :D

9. soapstix March 9, 2012 at 20:02 #

Kate looks good in anything, just like Dianna did. She looks nothing like her, but she has a great sense of style, and good looks.

10. soapstix March 9, 2012 at 20:05 #

She is just a classy woman, and that says it all.

11. dee March 9, 2012 at 20:28 #

I love everything about this look. Finally she has impressed me.

12. molly March 9, 2012 at 22:17 #

Lovely but the skirt is too short. You could see her panties in some photos. I dont like the belt but that fantastic hat makes up for it. I actually think that I like this just for her hat!

• elaine2 March 13, 2012 at 01:11 #

LOL………glad I missed the photos of her panties. My guess is that there will be some Buckingham Palace intervention on that!

13. Dhppy March 9, 2012 at 22:53 #

Proof that the peplum is made for the slim waisted. I also like the architectural neckline and the jaunty hat. A hit! A palpable hit!

14. pipsqueak March 10, 2012 at 01:25 #

Kate looked really great! But in a way, she also looked like a flight attendant in the 50s, working for the British Royal Airlines or something. I know I totally made up the name. Maybe it was that strut that misled me in that direction.

15. Vidhya March 10, 2012 at 02:20 #

I love the Queen’s hat.. colorblocking eh? Catherine’s skirt is a surprising length (for her) she is usually so appropriate. But I love the look. A beautiful colour, excellent dress and a a great body to pull it off

16. Leela March 10, 2012 at 04:22 #

wowza she looks amazing

17. serenissima7 March 10, 2012 at 04:27 #

wow! THIS is how i need her to look all the time.

18. ladyoflettuce March 10, 2012 at 23:00 #

1985 eat your heart out

19. Sophie March 11, 2012 at 09:52 #

The queen looks great. Kate’s outfit is frumpy if she was aged 50+ this could be considered a great outfit BUT she is a woman in her 30s and surely should be wearing something more modern. Maybe she should talk to Samantha Cameron for style tips.

20. Saree March 11, 2012 at 23:11 #

I almost gasped thinking the Queen and Kate were holding hands…

…then I remembered the Queen don’t have a heart!