07.03.12

Which Was Your Favourite Jessica Chastain 2012 Awards Season Look?

Jessica Chastain promoted many movies last year, but she was mostly nominated for her role in, ‘The Help’ during awards season.

Despite baffling us by not being seen carrying a clutch once during on the red carpet, she did have some great looks.

My favourite was her McQueen followed by the black Balenciaga.

Credit: Getty

Jess Weixler In Honor - amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

Jess Weixler In Honor – amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

Jessica Chastain For W Magazine May 2012

Jessica Chastain For W Magazine May 2012

18 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Jessica Chastain 2012 Awards Season Look?

1. Kyriaki-Cyprus March 7, 2012 at 08:16 #

Yep, definitely the McQueen!

2. demi_gm March 7, 2012 at 09:49 #

Of course McQueen! She’s like a firebird!

3. Jess2 March 7, 2012 at 09:50 #

McQueen without a doubt!! Amazing!

4. Kennedy March 7, 2012 at 10:21 #

McQueen was the best, no doubt BUT I absolutely adored her Calvin Klein dress at the SAG Awards. The dress, hair, makeup- perfection, really. I’m looking forward to more looks from this very pretty and talented woman!

5. bec March 7, 2012 at 11:17 #

It’s funny how a lot of the stars had their best looks away from the awards red carpets (I loved Jessica in her green Elie Saab number the most).

BTW I am DYING over the silk Tibi and Erdem dresses in the side panel on the right – love it!!

6. Alina March 7, 2012 at 14:00 #

Calvin Klein @ SAG Awards.

7. PB March 7, 2012 at 14:57 #

Where’s the green Elie Saab?? That would get my vote!

• Fashion Critic March 7, 2012 at 17:41 #

it wasn’t an awards season look

8. Shauni212 March 7, 2012 at 17:46 #

I went with the pink Balenciaga dress. She looks beautiful and it seems to fit her style. I don’t understand why everyone loved this McQueen on her. It’s a beautiful dress but with that messy hair- it just does not work. Maybe Anna Paquin could have pulled this off. She has and edgier style which is what this dress calls for.

9. Jones19 March 7, 2012 at 20:00 #

The only look I liked was her Oscars look.

10. Rebecca Z March 7, 2012 at 20:18 #

I loved the McQueen–thought it was the best Oscar look of all. The blue Calvin Klein is also a favorite of mine–great color for her hair, skin and eyes and I like the fit–it really flattered her figure.

11. EmmaWoodhouse March 7, 2012 at 20:57 #

J’ADORE, J’ADORE, J’ADORE the McQueen! It was a jaw-dropping moment and she is on the my BDOTY watchlist for that! It was perfection–the gown, the hair, the poise…yes a clutch would have been nice with it, but I didn’t miss it as much as I did with many of her other looks. The rest of her awards season was rather hit-and-miss for me…I loved the color of the pink Balenciaga and the blue Calvin Klein at the SAGs, but neither style worked for me. Her AFI look was too little-girlish, her Spirit awards look was too business-like…and the Westwood was a disaster. I did, however, like her BAFTA’s and Globe’s look (sans backcombed hair) and her Producer’s Guild look was OK. As I said, very hit and miss, but she was certainly one to watch and went out with a bang! :)

12. Marlie March 7, 2012 at 23:06 #

I know it was not part of her award season but I loved her in the Green Elie Saab dress

• towanda March 8, 2012 at 09:49 #

13. Candice March 8, 2012 at 00:30 #

i am SO surprised so many ppl like the mcqueen getup. it just looked horrendous to me. love the pink balenciaga dress though!

CC

14. Katharine March 8, 2012 at 01:24 #

Every look that accentuates her natural waist is infinitely more flattering … first three give illusion of boxiness. With majority of respondents in loving her Oscars dress – my favourite of the night.

15. pipsqueak March 8, 2012 at 02:42 #

I actually like the pink Balenciaga, followed by the blank one. Even though she plays sad or intense characters on screen, she doesn’t strike me as a dark, bitter or pessimistic person. I think pastel colors look great on her, much better than black. The black Balenciaga worked because of those emerald earrings.

16. Parvati March 10, 2012 at 16:50 #

Although she was one of the best dressed for me at the Oscars, I voted for her Producer’s Guild Awards look. She looked incredibly sexy in that Balenciaga gown!