Maria Sharapova In Oscar de la Renta – A Beautiful Rebels Press Dinner

Tag Heuer hosted ‘A Beautiful Rebels’ press dinner’ with tennis star Maria Sharapova in New York City on Saturday evening.

The blonde beauty wore an Oscar de la Renta Fall 2012 dress, seen just a few weeks ago during New York Fashion Week.

Her silver bead embroidered ivory silk faille dress with feather trim was paired with butterfly-accented Giuseppe Zannoti shoes and a Tag Heuer watch.

Maria seems to like dressing in prim, girlie looks lately.

Do you think this style works for her, or would you like to see her in work a different look?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Andrew Gn Fall 2012

Andrew Gn Fall 2012

Ginnifer Goodwin In Shoshanna – ‘Extra’ Appearance

Ginnifer Goodwin In Shoshanna – ‘Extra’ Appearance

16 Responses to Maria Sharapova In Oscar de la Renta – A Beautiful Rebels Press Dinner

1. Nat39 March 5, 2012 at 18:21 #

Nope, this cutesy girlie style does not suit athletic Maria at all, in my opinion, she needs to go for a bit more mature sexy. Should’ve done something about that hair.

• Jones19 March 6, 2012 at 00:09 #

Ditto. She’s way too athletic and statuesque to be wearing these girly looks.

• beta March 6, 2012 at 08:52 #

• Parvati March 10, 2012 at 16:31 #

I agree!

2. AW March 5, 2012 at 18:31 #

No. This look is silly on her. And at least she could’ve something better with the fried blonde hair.

3. EmilyBowen March 5, 2012 at 18:49 #

I like it. It shows that Maria has a few strings to her bow. Whilst she can definitely rock the glamazon dresses, like her Alexander McQueen frock at the WTA Tour Pre-Wimbledon Party, this kind of feminine look is really flattering in my opinion. As long as she doesn’t head too much towards ruffles and bows (her Vanity Fair party dress was too saccharin for me), then this feminine approach is a good thing!

• Emma March 5, 2012 at 21:29 #

4. Hannah March 5, 2012 at 18:59 #

She isn’t makign femenine work for ehr yet. To me it seems as if she just chooses dresses seh likes but not for her. The McQueen was too young and needed a less athletic body.
    This look might have worked for me had she made it a bit mroe mature, so an inch longer, lose the watch, and do somethign with her hair, and a more sophisticated (but not boring) heel.

5. Meg March 5, 2012 at 19:14 #

You always seem so surprised when someone athletic/muscular wears “girly” looks. Just because their body is one way or they participate in sports doesn’t mean they can’t wear cute dresses like everyone else. I think she looks great.

6. dee March 5, 2012 at 20:44 #

I wish the hair looked more polished and the shoes aren’t working for me but I like the dress on her.

7. Nat March 5, 2012 at 22:09 #

I think she can do girly, it’s just that this dress isn’t the best for her (and her Vanity Fair dress…well, that was just hideous).
    I think she looks best when she goes for the “easy chic/minimalistic look”, though.

Yesterday night she wore this (which I understand it’s Suno, is it?)
    Sorry, these are the best pics I have:
    I like the silhouette and the clutch, I’m not so sure about the print.
    p.s. Just ignore Caroline’s bandage dress on the right of the pic.

8. EmmaWoodhouse March 5, 2012 at 22:51 #

Still too cutesy (I think she should go more of the Charlize Thereon route) but this is a HUGE improvement from the Vanity Fair party!

9. christine March 5, 2012 at 23:08 #

I’m missing the belt shown on the runway.

10. roxana March 6, 2012 at 07:16 #

the dress is so beautiful and looks good on her!

11. Virginia from Amsterdam March 6, 2012 at 07:36 #

I would like not to see her at all. This girl doesn’t belong in the fashion world to me. Not mather what she wears it looks silly on her.

12. Alina March 6, 2012 at 17:06 #