05.03.12

Kristen Stewart In Balenciaga – Balenciaga Fall 2012 Presentation

After recently being named as the new face of Balenciaga newest fragrance, Kristen Stewart sat first row at the Balenciaga Fall 2012 presentation in Paris on Thursday.

The ‘Twilight’ star has come a long way from her early uneasy days on the red carpet, as she’s grown into quite a remarkable young woman.

Kristen made her Paris Fashion Week debut wearing black Balenciaga leather pants.

Her pants are tucked her Balenciaga sandals, giving the illusion that she’s wearing boots.

The edgy pants were balanced well with a sweet printed Balenciaga tank top.

Do you think Kristen a good fit for Balenciaga?

Credit: FameFlynet

Rihanna In Meadham Kirchhoff - Hooray Henry's

Rihanna In Meadham Kirchhoff – Hooray Henry’s

Sarah Jessica Parker In Louis Vuitton - Louis Vuitton Fall 2012 Presentation

Sarah Jessica Parker In Louis Vuitton – Louis Vuitton Fall 2012 Presentation

79 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Balenciaga – Balenciaga Fall 2012 Presentation

1. Shaina March 5, 2012 at 13:17 #

I think she works great for Balenciaga. She shows how you can style/wear things to fit your own personal style. I love this ensemble, I think she looks great.

• LC March 5, 2012 at 13:45 #

I totally agree with Shaina….Kristen looks great in edgy brands like Balenciaga :)

• hatts May 23, 2012 at 15:33 #

agree Shaina, she wore the dress instead of the dress wore her.

2. GRACE March 5, 2012 at 13:32 #

in her nonchalance (and, i admit, the hair) she reminds me of charlotte gainsbourg, who was the previous face of balenciaga too right?

• Fashion Critic March 5, 2012 at 13:52 #

3. Hannah March 5, 2012 at 13:39 #

I absolutely cannot agree with your comment of her being a ‘remarkable young woman’. I think that she stilld resses poorly and still looks like shoe doesn’t wash her hair (or herself) and has a bad attitude. And cannot act.
    I detest, and I rarely actually hate things, teh partnership with Balenciaga, it makes no sense to me at all, she is, to me at least, not chic, and the association with the Twilight brand and balenciaga baffles me.
    Suddenyl Blake & chanel sounds like a masterplan to me, although I will give credit where it is due, as much as I hate this outfit, she gets points for whoever made her match her toe and fingernails.

• Ade March 5, 2012 at 14:01 #

If this comment were a meal, it would be fattening. I agree 100%.

• luci March 5, 2012 at 14:03 #

+1. the unwashed hair kill me

• Jennifer March 6, 2012 at 23:15 #

she looks awful with that hair, I agree with you, terrible!

• Morgane March 5, 2012 at 14:21 #

For me she always looks like she doesn’t care about the whole world or like she suffers and carries the world misery. And so i agree with Hannah about the rest.
      She doesn’t care about fashion and it’s easy to see it and I have the feeling Balenciaga took her just because she is very popular and famous lately and it gives a fresh face to the brand. Bad bad choice I think.

• Cátia Santos Reis March 5, 2012 at 14:56 #

+1 I don’t see “fashion” in Kristen Stewart. In my opinion, a Balenciaga girls must be someone who’s interested in fashion. Kristen doesn’t care about fashion.

LOL to the “Blake & Chanel sounds like a masterplan to me!” ahahahah

• Sarah March 5, 2012 at 16:34 #

What does her acting have to do with what she wears? You sound like such a hater.

• Yasmine March 5, 2012 at 20:42 #

because she happens to be a public figure and the only way she can stay in business is if she acts well or at least presents herself well. Its her job.

• Loulou March 5, 2012 at 20:05 #

Exactly what I think!

• Kennedy March 5, 2012 at 20:10 #

+1000000000000000000000000000

There is nothing about K. Stew that screams “fashion icon in the making” and representing a well-known and established brand is baffling. Between the unkempt hair, the dour look on her face at all times (she’s in stiff competition with Rooney Mara in that category), and the overall look she embodies which is much more “grunge”- I just don’t get it. And to the commenter who said her acting skills have nothing to do with what she wears- I disagree on the grounds of her being a brand ambassador. She was picked as the face of Balenciaga because of her current popularity… the atrocity that was/is Twilight catapulted her to super-stardom. So technically, “bad” acting got her there but to be more concise- it was her role as Bella that launched her career into new heights. Roles, acting, and the response go hand in hand and MANY actors who experience a sudden high in their careers due to rave film reviews and/or awards contention (i.e. Charlize Theron won an Oscar became the face of Dior, Mila Kunis got rave reviews in Black Swan became the fan of Dior, Felicity Jones saw her career take a 180 after Like Crazy premiered at Sundance to raves and became the face of D&G makeup, etc)- go on to become the face of major brands. So, I don’t think it’s fair to dismiss her bad acting as irrelevant. She’s a part of pop culture because of the fan base behind the Twilight books and movies. But that doesn’t take away from the fact that she’s a stiff actress who has 2 different facial expressions at most. I prefer it when an actor goes on to become a major brand ambassador when they rise to popularity via awards or rave reviews… not a franchise that has gotten extraordinarily worse with each film.

• rollie March 6, 2012 at 21:31 #

She’s gotten great reviews outside of Twilight, and in fact her reviews for Breaking Dawn were good. So what’s your point?

• Kennedy March 7, 2012 at 06:58 #

My point is that she hasn’t gotten great reviews for ANY of the Twilight films (including Breaking Dawn). I’m not sure what you’re talking about and please point me to your source because most, if not all, legitimate critics reviews dismissed her performance and the film as the worst of the franchise which is saying a lot. She would not be the face of a major brand with her indie film credits because a) she had minor supporting roles in films that were generally unseen like Into the Wild, Adventureland, Runaways, etc b) said roles did not launch her into super-stardom which circles back to my point: Twilight -> her place in pop culture -> face of a major design house -> not deserving

• Willa March 7, 2012 at 14:19 #

Go to rottentomatoes.com and click on any review for Breaking Dawn or Twilight or New Moon. Her performances are mostly praised. Want a specific critic? Try Roger Ebert. To say that critics hate her performances in these movies is false. Mostly they criticize the chatacter of Bella, or the story itself.

• Rahel March 7, 2012 at 18:06 #

Kristen isn’t known for being a good actress. She’s just there. Not saying that critics hate her but they also don’t like her.

But it’s strange that Balenciaga is even interested in her. She’s only known for her rumored relationship and a franchise which will be over this year.

• mandy March 6, 2012 at 00:41 #

I love Twilight but I have to admit I totally agree with you. Her acting skills are quite limited and apart from designers throwing dresses at her, there is really nothing memorable about her, fashion and acting wise.

• lex March 6, 2012 at 22:08 #

Have you seen Into the Wild? She has great acting skills. And she’s the only actress I’ve been jealous of hair-wise. A Pre-Raphaelite auburn mane. I hate the way people hate on her because she doesn’t do the Hollywood thing. I think she’s a prefect match for Balenciaga.

• Kennedy March 7, 2012 at 07:01 #

I thought she fared well in Into the Wild (minor role though) but saying she has great acting skills is pushing it. Since this is a fashion blog, I won’t get into it. All I’m saying is, I’ve yet to see her flex her acting muscle. I thought Panic Room was her best performance to date. Adventureland is up there, too.

4. Emmeline March 5, 2012 at 13:48 #

Sorry FC, but I guess I’m just not seeing as much growth as you are. She’s still got her greasy, unkempt hair. And she still looks like someone wrestled her into that outfit before shoving her out the door.

As for the deal with Balenciaga, I suspect that’s more about her team trying to change her image than it is about her genuine love of fashion.

5. Lilith81 March 5, 2012 at 13:58 #

What has Kristen that I haven’t? I am more beautiful.

6. Tom Kolovos March 5, 2012 at 13:59 #

she always looks constipated no matter what she wears…..

• Kay March 5, 2012 at 17:47 #

Always? Really? She smiles plenty. Try this thing called Google.

• Rahel March 7, 2012 at 18:53 #

I used it. In 5% of all pictures she looks very dead behind the eyes and completely miserable.

7. kris March 5, 2012 at 14:01 #

i love your website but its one of the hardest to open. Anyway i thinks she looks beautiful from head to ankles because the boots are not working for me.

8. cedric March 5, 2012 at 14:02 #

I’m not happy and dnt think it’s a gret choice, this girl annoys me to an extreme point, she always looks so bored in his films and in life, she always looks dirty, excuse me the word, but in view of her hair, her look, you will be able to put a couture dress, I think even the dress feel demeaning and insulting

9. Carolina Roq March 5, 2012 at 14:07 #

I don’t like her, but she looks so edgy and pretty here.

10. dee March 5, 2012 at 14:10 #

Hate the shoes with the pants.

11. cedric March 5, 2012 at 14:12 #

it looked like the boring Sleeping Beauty, still sleepy, balenciaga woman is strong, it is a complex concept, it is mysterious, almost androgynous, and I do not see it in it
    I just see a girl that looks like a tomboy who wants to make films but who dnt cares fashion, and feels better in her jeans and basket shoes or converse
    may be that they will do like Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality and will learn to walk, putting on makeup and fix her face and her eyes because there is some way
    it’s far from jennifer connely, or demi moore,or charlotte gainsbourg,
    something tells me rosie huntington-Whiteley would have been better

12. fromchi-town March 5, 2012 at 14:15 #

She looks like she is pissed at somebody. Maybe she has stopped slouching on the red carpet – but the hair, and the attitude remains the same.

13. Nanda March 5, 2012 at 14:17 #

I think she looks terrible, I’m not a fan of the disheveled look. I think Balenciaga is edgy and I don’t consider her edgy. However, I’m more of a fan of the classy glamorous look so it might be me not her.

14. lea March 5, 2012 at 14:18 #

I don’t get why people on a fashion site are so surprised that she is the face of Balenciaga. For the last 3 years Nicholas has namedroped her name in several interview.
    The dude love her. So i don’t really get why you’re not aware of that since you’re all fashion experts.

Balenciaga is all aboutbeing cool, edgy, being free

spirit

15. Nida March 5, 2012 at 14:20 #

I think she will be great for Balenciaga, her style works with it.
    Love this look on her, the tank top looks great with her skin color.

16. April March 5, 2012 at 14:55 #

Wow, the distaste and mean-spiritedness is palpable in these comments. People have a preconceived notion about her that they refuse to look past. I think she’s grown & matured into someone who respects fashion, but doesn’t make it a focus of her life. It seems like message boarders are the only ones left in the fashion world who won’t cut the girl a break & get over her red carpet attitude from 2008.
    The blouse is lovely, as set off by the hard edge of the leather leggings. Her skin is flawless. And I’m pretty sure she washes her hair. Balenciaga likes her, so cut the girl some slack and stop being so mean.

• Kay March 5, 2012 at 17:49 #

Amen. This board is dripping with hate. IDGI. I met Kristen and she was lovely, inside and out.

• dee March 5, 2012 at 21:42 #

I agree. Some of these comments are mean-spirited. It’s unbelievable.

• victoria March 6, 2012 at 00:32 #

totally agree. the hatred on here for Kristen is palpable. She is just being herself, no need to me SO mean to her. Wondering if there are secret “Edward” fans on here that are just jealous.

• Fashion Critic March 6, 2012 at 00:34 #

‘Edward’ fans?!?!? sorry I’m totally confused.

Please can we keep the topic fashion related before this gets out of control.

• rollie March 6, 2012 at 21:33 #

Yes, I’d like to see the responses fashion related yet some people are going on and on about what a crappy actress she is. So explain how those posts are fashion related?

• Rahel March 6, 2012 at 19:25 #

Are you kidding? Her outfit just doesn’t look good. I have seen a lot of comments from other sites. Even her fans don’t like her outfit so don’t start to call other people haters. Her leather pants don’t fit her and the blouse is kind of wrong for this kind of pants. And her hair? Unbelievable. Did she even wash it? Should I lie and say that she looks good? Sorry, I won’t do it.

And definitely NOOO! to her liking fashion. She always wear jeans a ripped white shirt. That’s not someone who likes fashion. She still doesn’t get it but her PR team is trying to push her into it.

17. MatteaAM March 5, 2012 at 15:07 #

I’m sorry, I cannot get pass her head and everything on it to actually see anything else…

18. CTgirl March 5, 2012 at 15:46 #

Both this look and her ambassadorship of Balenciaga are disasters. This look doesn’t work from head to toe. The hair is greasy and the extensions need maintenance (the girl has access to the best hair people in the business and she can’t seem to keep her hair clean and combed). The shirt looks like one of the characters of Little House on the Prairie threw up on it. The pants have such a strange fit with that high waist and those baggy knees. The sandals with the pants tucked into them look like your feet would be more than a little warm while the toes are icicles. KS has a good figure but we all have our problem areas and this outfit shows off her knock knees and potential saddlebags.

Putting such a fashion wreck out there as their ambassador, even just for perfume, has convinced me that Balenciaga doesn’t want my business as I am obviously not their demographic (over thirty with disposable income). It will be interesting to see what the sales are a year after production since they are courting the teen/tween/early twenties market (groups with very little disposable income). And calling KS fashion forward and a risk taker is ridiculous. Looking dirty, wearing tennis shoes, and knotting a t-shirt are neither.

• Rahel March 6, 2012 at 19:26 #

I agree about her figure. She’s so small and thin but looks very boxy in this outfit.

19. Cheryl March 5, 2012 at 16:12 #

It’s never the outfit or the styling that grates on my fashion tastebuds. It’s her attitude. That’s not edgy nonchalance. That’s just a corpse standing. Edge, one feels, is the alternative, a rebellion against the norm. Kate Lanphear is edgy. Daphne Guinness is edgy. Kristen Stewart is not.

20. Snowlion March 5, 2012 at 16:27 #

Doesn’t look right, can’t put my finger on exactly why, but it just looks odd.

21. Sarah March 5, 2012 at 16:33 #

Love the outfit. I saw other pics of her that day where she was smiling so it’s not like she was miserable or anything.

I don’t get how she looks dirty? People always say that because she dresses casual and wears vintage stuff. But that doesn’t mean she’s dirty. I mean, seriously?

• dee March 5, 2012 at 21:43 #

+1. She doesn’t looks dirty.

• Rahel March 6, 2012 at 19:26 #

They say that because of her hair.

• Willa March 7, 2012 at 14:21 #

Her hair is washed…its styled messy. Come on people.

• CTgirl March 7, 2012 at 17:59 #

Styled “messy” doesn’t usually equate to looking unwashed. I don’t know what went wrong here but it went horribly wrong. As previously stated, she has access to the best hair professionals in the business yet her hair looks less than fresh here.

• Rahel March 7, 2012 at 18:15 #

Look at her hair. It’s greasy. Beside that it’s not styled messy. She’s going with her hands through her hair so many times till it looks like a mess.
          Or do you think that anyone really styles people to look like trainwrecks?

22. Jones19 March 5, 2012 at 16:40 #

I like her in edgy looks like this but the look on her face is just terrible.

23. Ro March 5, 2012 at 17:05 #

She’s a great fit for them because she plays on that cool nonchalance very well. Plus she’s got huge movies to promote this year, I can’t wait to see what they’ll pull out for the red carpet!

24. Kay March 5, 2012 at 17:54 #

I too like Fashion Critic love the juxtaposition between the feminine blouse and edgy leather, a combination that seems to reflect her unique personality. I think Kristen is so refreshing in a town of superficiality. Just because she doesn’t look styled in her day to day life doesn’t meant she hasn’t come to appreciate fashion and have fun with it for professional events. Her hair is naturally wave and I would think to straighten it would take forever. Perhaps due to time constraints and Kristen’s preference to go with her natural texture the tousled look more appropriate. It’s obviously styled, just intentionally messy. I love it. She looks sexy.

25. Susan March 5, 2012 at 18:31 #

I love the look. She looks beautiful. She is beautiful.

26. Amalie March 5, 2012 at 18:32 #

I think she is perfect as the face for the new fragrance. I love her style and want her clothes.
    She is beautiful and down to earth. What’s not to love.

27. Yasmine March 5, 2012 at 20:46 #

I think whats off-putting is her posture and the way she’s standing, that outfit could totally work otherwise.

28. Yeliz March 5, 2012 at 21:23 #

Always these comments about Kristen being a bad actress and having bad attitude etc.
    Come on guys, seriously. Has her acting anything to do with what she wears? I’m not saying this because I’m a huge fan of Kristen. I’m saying this because this is really getting ridiculous. You can’t say “I don’t like what she wears because she can’t act.” I mean of course you can think what you want to think about her but please don’t write comments about her acting in a fashion blog.
    BTW she just said that she likes fashion and that she likes to look at herself when getting dressed up but that doesn’t mean that she has to wear high heels and make up and dresses 7/24 long.
    Nevertheless I think she looks great and the hair fits perfectly to the edgy look we are used to see on Balenciaga designs. Therefore I’m very excited about Kristen being the face of the newest Balenciaga fragrance too.

29. Elle March 5, 2012 at 21:24 #

I think KS is looking the best she’s looked in the past month or so because she’s not had an event if I remember correctly. Oh, besides photo shoots in Paris etc…. She has smiled TONS in other photos from he same event, but this photo just catches her when she’s just relaxing from all the frenzy.

Her eyelids are REALLY heavy and that’s why she has this dead look. It reminds me of my husband. His eyes had this ‘cultish’ look when he was a kid, but he had the brightest smile. Now, his eyes are still the same and when he smiles he has the widest smile, but his eyes are still ‘expressionless’. It’s tough for him and he wishes his eyes were more animated.

Some people just have ‘expressionless’ eyes and KS’s are no exception. You can tell she’s naturally smiling wide and genuine, but her eyes don’t show it. They give a one-note feel and I think it causes her a lot of flack, especially in her acting. That’s why I also tire of her acting and her face everywhere on the media. She doesn’t seem like a good brunette either. I say this often, but I wish she’d GO BACK TO BEING HER NATURAL BLONDE color. It would brighten up her face, make her eyes pop and put in a softness that rounds out her so-called ‘edgy’ persona that we all are flustered over.

And as far as being the new face for Balenciagea, I think she fits the mold and is young enough for them to ‘mold’ her into their liking. She is a good muse and didn’t necessarily say she hates fashion. She tries very hard to not be one of the masses and I get that, she’s got depth that other girls her age don’t. But she still has that immature part of her that thinks it’s so great to curse like a sailor and dress like she rolled out of bead.

I think she’s curious about fashion now and feels more like a woman and not a tomboy. I honestly think she’s a wannabe anti-conformist, but most who are live it to the word. She’s still discovering herself. I think she’s just growing out of that ‘rebel-like’ teen angst and is okay with changing her image for her career. She said she now feels more like a woman so you can’t hold her to her teenage words that contradicted fashion once before.

• Rahel March 6, 2012 at 19:29 #

How do you know that she’s smiling if you don’t see it in her eyes. I have seen a lot of pictures of her. If she’s happy and around people she likes then she’s truely smiling. This is not a great example of her being happy. I don’t even get how anyone can think that she likes fashion. She clearly shows that she doesn’t give a damn. She can’t even keep her dress on for more than one hour.

30. EmmaWoodhouse March 5, 2012 at 22:32 #

I don’t like this particular look at all, but I am always interested to see what Kristen wears.

31. Lyn March 5, 2012 at 23:45 #

For a brand like Balenciaga,i’m sorry but i don’t think Kristen is an ideal ambassador.She is more on a street clothes rather than a high fashion side.She looks fine here but not the hair.

32. Vanny March 6, 2012 at 00:06 #

I adore her “rockstar” vibe. And what’s this Balenciara sandals?! OMG, how beautiful! I’m from Rio, Brazil, and we can’t use something like this, because here is so hot! But of course it’s a great look for her =D
    Her neutral make up is fantastic too!

33. pipsqueak March 6, 2012 at 02:08 #

Whoa … your question provoked some really passionate comments! I think Kristen has the boyish body and long legs for Balenciaga (which is really ill-fitting for a curvy, almost stocky someone, despite her husband’s power in fashion), but she lacks that inner quality to be a woman of style, period.

34. bee7 March 6, 2012 at 03:50 #

i actually love this ” rock chic” look from head to toe. i would die for that leather pants if i have those legs!

35. Chulu March 6, 2012 at 14:10 #

I think the Kristen from 2008 is giving the side eye to the Kristen of 2012. That’s all I’ll say.

36. LizLemooooon March 6, 2012 at 21:15 #

Okay. Not going to focus on her (lack of) acting skills and questionable personality but this is a pretty ugly outfit let’s be honest. It’s not her usual ‘style’ (LOL) and the high waist with that mumsy blouse looks really weird. The pants look like scuba pants and the shoes are ugly. Hair is a mess too.
    It’s obvious that she’s not into fashion, she always changes straight after. I don’t know why her team thinks we will believe this.
    Nicholas Ghesquire seems to have lost the plot lately.

37. Jennifer March 6, 2012 at 23:14 #

I don’t think she is a good choice for Belanciaga, I mean look at her, she looks like she didn’t take a shower before going to the show, her hair looks soooo dirty and greasy, I can not believe they choose her, maybe only for the publicity and also she semms like she doesn’t care, look at her eyes! she is so lame, bad option for the brand!

• Willa March 7, 2012 at 14:25 #

LOL. Seriously, in what way does it look like she hasn’t showered? These comments are are predictable.

38. zara March 7, 2012 at 21:42 #

how come the comments are so despicable? it’s ok if you don’t like her, it’ok if you don’t like her outfit but do you have to be so mean? you guys are shredding her apart piece by piece.

39. Annel March 8, 2012 at 15:36 #

She’s not the girl next door. She’s not smiling, willingly fitting herself onto the readymade box for young american actresses. But contrary to a lot of people I just find that refreshing and inspirational. Better show your true face than hide your emotional state behind a big, fake, blinding smile. She’s got the right to be exactly as she wants to be.

And on topic, I think she fits Balenciaga well, as she is – like Balenciaga – a bit more complex and inapproachable than many other figures out there.

• CTgirl March 8, 2012 at 16:43 #

Agreed, she, like everyone else, has the right to be herself. However, as she has put herself in the public eye and is voluntarily part of the Hollywood movie scene and just signed to represent a fashion house, it is expected that comments will be made about her clothing choices, styling, makeup, hair, accessories, etc. on a fashion site such as this. I’m always astounded at the juvenile argument that no one should be judged by appearance. Is appearance the only thing to a person? Absolutely not. However, since we do not know these people and they put themselves in the public eye, certain judgements are made based on their appearance, including facial expressions. If this offends you, one must ask, why are you on a fashion site?

• Annel March 9, 2012 at 09:55 #

WHo’s offended? If I do not evaluate along the same criteria as you, I do not belong on a fashion site? Aha. The difference is just that I judge on other parameters. Fashion for me is not only about judging hair, nailpolish and make-up seperately. It is just as much the overall coherence between the elements – clothes, attitude, personality, posture etc. And I simply think that Kristen is, yes, “fashion”. In this case I do not see her hair or missing smile as something bad – it is just a part of her way of fusing style and personality. And I am sure that this is exacly why Balenciaga chose Kristen. She makes up for an alternative to generic Hollywood characters, because she carries her personality before her and secondly adhere to streamlined ideas about how to look “good”.

• CTgirl March 11, 2012 at 13:04 #

My point being that I don’t know these people personally and can only judge on the clothes, makeup, etc. and not their personalities. Perhaps on their public personas but definitely not their personalities.

40. Parvati March 10, 2012 at 16:26 #

I can’t say for sure if she’s right for Balenciaga, but I definitely don’t like her in this outfit. The messy hair and that look on her face isn’t nice.I like the top she’s wearing, but I really hate the look from the waist down, especially those booties.

41. karina November 9, 2012 at 19:17 #

I personally like the outfit! It’s something I could see myself wearing. And I’m happy Kristen Stewart and Balenciaga are working together! She’s def. got that edgy fun style.