02.03.12

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge joined Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall in London on Thursday to watch Queen Elizabeth II unveil a plaque commemorating the restoration of Piccadilly outside the Fortnum & Mason store.

Following her appearance at Rose Hill Primary School last week, Catherine stepped out in a different coat-dress, wearing a blue tweed design from Missoni’s fusion line, M Missoni.

Choosing to appear sans tights – or in the flesh-toned hose she tends to favour, bright yellow daffodils, in honour of St. David’s Day, add a bright accent to her lapel.

Grey suede Rupert Sanderson heels complemented the elegant outfit.

Credit: Getty

Katy Perry In Vera Wang - Hyatt Hotel

Katy Perry In Vera Wang – Hyatt Hotel

Jennifer Lopez In Randi Rahm - 'American Idol' Top 24 To 13 Live Show

Jennifer Lopez In Randi Rahm – ‘American Idol’ Top 24 To 13 Live Show

23 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In M Missoni – Plaque Unveiling at Fortnum & Mason Store

1. Lancel March 2, 2012 at 12:50 #

I like this look. The colour is very nice. Can I ask something? Is there a royal protocol which prevents them from wearing sunglasses? Is it inappropriate?

• Fashion Critic March 2, 2012 at 13:08 #

not sure what the royal protcols are.

I might have to investigate

• molly March 2, 2012 at 22:09 #

They are not allowed to wear sunglasses while performing official public engagements with a few exceptions(sensitive eyes or they are in a very sunny location, etc.)

2. dee March 2, 2012 at 13:37 #

not crazy about the shoes but the coat is nice.

3. couturecoco March 2, 2012 at 13:41 #

Like the blue with her complexion and hair colour. I read Royal ladies apparently aren’t allowed to be bare legged, hence the ‘nude sheers’ she’s seen in.

4. Carol March 2, 2012 at 13:43 #

It’s very nice and neat. I like even though I long for the big wow that may never come. Maybe when she’s pregnant she’ll ‘bring it’.

Re sunglasses. I think its because people stand for hours and usually only see a glimpse of them for a second. The public would never appreciate them turning up in shades. Whatever the weather.

5. EmmaWoodhouse March 2, 2012 at 14:06 #

Love her as always! She never takes a wrong step in my eyes, and this is no exception. The coat is lovely–perfect for getting on sprint–and the daffodils are a great touch. :)

6. Errun March 2, 2012 at 15:56 #

That coat dress is so ‘princessy’ but if us mere mortals would wear it we’ll be tagged as Miss-Goody-Two-Shoes..you know what I mean..

7. Errun March 2, 2012 at 16:02 #

But anyway, she always manages to look elegant and appropriate in her dressing..I think that’s how today’s royals should dress..

8. Jones19 March 2, 2012 at 16:48 #

Very chic and stylish. Love it.

9. Vidhya March 2, 2012 at 17:32 #

Did you see Camilla and the Queen? They were all dressed up in blue. So cute that they are color co-ordinating. She is wearing sheer tights. Somehow I admire the class exuded. Its like a balm for my snooki-kardashian fatigued eyes.

10. Lily March 2, 2012 at 18:02 #

Beautiful coat. Love the color. I’ve seen pictures of the back of the coat and I love the seams and fit.

11. Lila March 2, 2012 at 18:50 #

Am I the only one who thinks the coat looks a little short? Not short as in inappropriate but like it was designed to be longer. It’s pretty enough either way.

• molly March 2, 2012 at 22:17 #

No, your not. I think it would have looked fine if she had a skirt or dress on under it that was longer than the coat, but since her dress seemed to be inches shorter than the coat, it looks awkward to me.

12. Dhppy March 2, 2012 at 18:52 #

I was wondering if she felt she should only wear Commonwealth designers. Now that I know she doesn’t, I’d love to see her in some Spring ’12 Valentino or Louis Vuitton.

• Dhppy March 2, 2012 at 19:05 #

Of course, those dresses have been worn by other celebrities already. I’m sure if she met with designers before their shows, she could pick what she wanted ahead of everyone.

13. moja31 March 2, 2012 at 20:07 #

I like the coat, but it’s funny that it’s a style which could easily be worn by the queen herself, a woman in her 80s. I still find Kate’s style incredibly boring, even given the constraints of her role; there are far better dressed royals in the world.

14. molly March 2, 2012 at 22:12 #

Pretty coat but the fit is awful and the length is inappropriate given her postion(as usual). I dont like the shoes either. I am glad that she seems to have discovered a color though.

15. Chiara Popalopa March 3, 2012 at 04:09 #

Very pretty though I am not sure about the fit…

16. KatieHall March 3, 2012 at 04:18 #

They weren’t just unveiling a plaque. They were also inspecting cakes.

17. elaine2 March 3, 2012 at 15:07 #

She’s definitely wearing nude sheers. The coat is dreadful…..she looks like a middle aged woman who just shopped at Talbots. I much prefer her McQueen coats they are more interesting, flattering, and youthful. Kate seems to losing interest in fun fashion when she wears these straight, boring coats. I guess the upshot though, is she can hang onto them for the next 30 years and maybe by the time she turns 60 the coat will look appropriate on her! LOL.

The eyeliner…..no.
    The 4 inch boring pumps……no. The woman could use a stylist.

18. Lee ann March 4, 2012 at 18:24 #

I long to see her in Spring erdem Peter pilotto or Christopher Kane-she bores the he’ll out of me

19. Not sure a boxy shape is great on a woman with broad shoulders and narrow hips…